[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Does Jool have rings? I thought I remembered seeing a post a long time ago about it getting rings but I can't see any in the pics. 

If it doesn't, consider this a suggestion. I love this mod and I can't wait to get a new laptop with a half decent graphics card. With this installed it's like a whole new system of planets. :D 

2 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Does Jool have rings? I thought I remembered seeing a post a long time ago about it getting rings but I can't see any in the pics. 

If it doesn't, consider this a suggestion. I love this mod and I can't wait to get a new laptop with a half decent graphics card. With this installed it's like a whole new system of planets. :D 

It will when kopernicus get updated to 1.2, otherwise rings are impossible unfortunately

UPDATE

-All new Jool clouds
-New dust storms on Duna

**DO NOT INSTALL EVE SEPERATELY, EVERYTHING IS BUNDLED IN THIS DOWNLOAD**

Download Link

xO68iAc.jpg

21 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

With this installed it's like a whole new system of planets. :D 

No, this is a whole new system of planets :wink:

Edited by Galileo

Thanks to the modders for this, it makes me so happy.

Q - to remove city lights do I just delete StockVisualEnhancements\EVE\CityLights\? Do I also need to remove EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\CityLights.dll?  Any advice welcome, thank you

Rad.  Next question if it's not too much - the default atmospheric opacity on Kerbin surface in the new 1.2 pack is a little... smoggy for my taste.  I'd like to adjust it to more of a crisp wilderness vista feel, like having a clear view of the mountains from KSC.  Is that an option to play with in Scatterer?  In the SVE configs?

I looked for a Scatterer FAQ or manual - can't make head or tail of the innumerable options there.  If this is better posted in the Scatterer thread, that's fine

Edited by fourfa

37 minutes ago, fireblade274 said:

Hey how can I install this but not have the city lights textures added?

EDIT: Also, should I uninstall Distant Object since its also bundled in this download?

Go into the SVE folder and delete the folder called CityLights

51 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Rad.  Next question if it's not too much - the default atmospheric opacity on Kerbin surface in the new 1.2 pack is a little... smoggy for my taste.  I'd like to adjust it to more of a crisp wilderness vista feel, like having a clear view of the mountains from KSC.  Is that an option to play with in Scatterer?  In the SVE configs?

I looked for a Scatterer FAQ or manual - can't make head or tail of the innumerable options there.  If this is better posted in the Scatterer thread, that's fine

I'll look into it and see if I like how that looks. It's definitely a scatterer thing though.  I'm not at my computer so I don't know the name of the value that needs changing

8 minutes ago, Da Boss said:

Hey Galileo,the city lights are showing up but none of the clouds or any enhancements are not showing up?

Post your logs and maybe a screenshot of your gamedata folder.  I can't help tonight but tomorrow I should be able to look at them 

43 minutes ago, fireblade274 said:

Hey how can I install this but not have the city lights textures added?

EDIT: Also, should I uninstall Distant Object since its also bundled in this download?

No you can keep the one you have.  I didn't change anything from the stock distant objects mod so it doesn't matter which one you use

Edited by Galileo

@Galileo Hello sir,

I have a question that may sound like a noob because well, i am noob using mods in ksp, is there a way to make the clouds more thick and/or multi layered? because they are nice from surface or around orbit but when you are transiting with a rocket or SSTO, they feel like a thin layer passed through very fast

thanks

Just now, Jiraiyah said:

@Galileo Hello sir,

I have a question that may sound like a noob because well, i am noob using mods in ksp, is there a way to make the clouds more thick and/or multi layered? because they are nice from surface or around orbit but when you are transiting with a rocket or SSTO, they feel like a thin layer passed through very fast

thanks

It's like that for performance reasons.  Adding more layers would kill fps. SVE used to have multiple volume layers but I decided it was in the best interest of the players to make the mod as performance friendly as possible. 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I decided it was in the best interest of the players to make the mod as performance friendly as possible. 

On the topic of performance... I was hoping to load this up in 1.2, but it absolutely murders my framerate. Even without Scatterer & DisantObject (StockVisualEnhancements and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements directories only, LowRes). I go from 60+FPS (EVE) -> ~28FPS (SVE). It's not throwing any exceptions either, though I can drop logs if you wish. Whatcha doing that standard EVE doesn't?
Debian GNU/Linux 8.6, GTX680 (Nvidia 352.79), I7-3820, 32GB. Do I need a Cray to run this thing or what?

6 minutes ago, steve_v said:

On the topic of performance... I was hoping to load this up in 1.2, but it absolutely murders my framerate. Even without Scatterer & DisantObject (StockVisualEnhancements and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements directories only, LowRes). I go from 60+FPS (EVE) -> ~28FPS (SVE). It's not throwing any exceptions either, though I can drop logs if you wish. Whatcha doing that standard EVE doesn't?
Debian GNU/Linux 8.6, GTX680 (Nvidia 352.79), I7-3820, 32GB. Do I need a Cray to run this thing or what?

I have around 28-30FPS on Kerbin and 60+FPS elsewhere with SVE HR&Scatterer&DistantObject. Only terrain shadows in Scatterer are disabled, because there was weird glitches on the Mun.

Windows 8.1, GTX850M, i7, 16GB. No big change in FPS with medium res textures.

23 hours ago, Galileo said:

UPDATE

*Brings SVE to KSP version 1.2
*Added new particle for volumetric clouds.. not much different but a little more opaque
*Auroras now glow on dark side of Kerbin and Laythe
*Added a new sunflare

KNOWN ISSUES

*The main Menu looks a little funky. No big deal.

*EVE does some wierd things when you mess with the GUI in game. Leave it alone. Thats your warning. If you absolutely have to mess with the EVE settings, do it in the tracking station. The issues dont happen in there.
OK, If you happen to mess with them in game, perform a scene change and the issues should go away.

*Scatterer also has a few small bugs that im sure will be ironed out in the future. Sometimes the water disappears at the KSC, a scene change will remedy this. Messing with the EVE GUE also causes weirdness sometimes. Like i said earlier, your life will be easier if you just leave the GUI's alone for now while they are so touchy.

**DO NOT INSTALL EVE SEPERATELY, EVERYTHING IS BUNDLED IN THIS DOWNLOAD**

Download Link

xO68iAc.jpg

Woohoo! Does this mean we'll see glowing aurora on SSRSS and your planet pack? All aboard the Hype Train!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.