[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 minute ago, fourfa said:

If EVE or Scatterer updates independently, is OK to load those?  Or it is better to wait until SVE updates?  Just asking because I don't know how deep the dependencies and config surgery go

I will be updating tomorrow but if you want to update scatterer,  just make sure to transfer over the planet configs if you want to use my settings.  

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

You can but for aesthetic purposes,  I wouldn't suggest it.  It causes clouds in the form of a hexagon shape to follow underneath you when in orbit.  Give me a min and I will hop on and tell you exactly which value needs to be changed as I cannot remember off of the top of my head

Did you find it?

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

You cannot compare this to the 1.1.3 version as quite a bit has changed and some bugs need to be fixed with EVE in 1.2. 

More bugs to be fixed, sure... but now the clouds cover ALL of Kerbin on the menu screen! No more dealing with THAT question again!

27 minutes ago, ockidj said:

the value i mentioned earlier is not in my cfg but i know it in RVE's so if you download that you should be able to find it. If i can remember what it is ill post it here for you. Again i wouldnt recommend it because it looks like garbage but you are more than welcome to try it. i have class very early in the morning so i have to get some sleep so ill have to continue my search later

4 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

More bugs to be fixed, sure... but now the clouds cover ALL of Kerbin on the menu screen! No more dealing with THAT question again!

well, see, the bug you are mentioning here only happens with kopernicus installed. so unfortunately the half cloud bug still exists unless its fixed with the next update of kopernicus

Edited by Galileo

7 hours ago, Waz said:

FPS is not additive. The measure you want is milliseconds (the time for a frame), which is fps-1. For example, 60 fps is 16.7 milliseconds. 30fps is 33ms. 40fps is 25ms. 20fps is 50ms, etc. So if mach effects cost 15 milliseconds, they'll take 60fps down to 31fps, or 40fps down to 25fps, or 10fps down to 8fps.

Interesting thanks for the explanation. Doesn't change the fact that an effect that is so taxing shouldn't even be in the game. I remember the first Witcher game had a fire effect that murdered the framerate without good reason. It made the boss fight you had in the vicinity of this fire effect especially unenjoyable. In other games there where fire effects of the same magnitude which looked alot better and hadrly impacted the framerate.

I guess the only positive thing is that on reentry or launch you ever hardly do anything but corrective measures to hold the course mostly.

UPDATE

• Updated to latest Scatterer
  • Fluffier, more opaque clouds on Kerbin
  • Condensed some textures to reduce amount of cloud layers. (Auroras and Storms on Jool)
  • Removed some unnecessary files
  • Reduced download sizes

If you mess with the EVE GUI, you will see some major artifacting with Scatterer. To fix this issue, enter and exit the tracking station and everything should return to normal.

If you are still experiencing any lag from the volumetric clouds, open the EVE GUI (alt+0) and look for the cloud layer you want to change in the cloud manager. Scroll down until you find the layerVolume section of the GUI and change the visibleRange value from 10,000 to a lower number i.e. 8,000/5,000/2,000 until you get the performance you are looking for. Thank you @Waz for this wonderful feature.

**DO NOT INSTALL EVE SEPERATELY, EVERYTHING IS BUNDLED IN THIS DOWNLOAD**

Download Links

For 1.2 version 1.1.2                          
xO68iAc.jpg         

Edited by Galileo

Hmm yeah, I had a suspicion so I tested my theory and I was proven right. I installed MSI Afterburner so I had access to gpu and cpu monitoring tools. So I started KSP with the onscreen display and what I found was really disheartening. I took my SSTO on its ascend profile, where frames drop down to 25 per second and sometimes even less and watched the hardware monitor. During that ascend there was usage on 6 of my 8 CPU cores all in the range of 20 to mostly 55 percent usage. My GPU started out on a usage of about 55 % it spiked once to 84% and within the upper atmosphere when my frame counter tells me I have 25 fps when all the fire and aero effects are displayed the usage of the GPU was about 30 %. And from than on it would pretty much stay there. In space my framerate recovered to about 37 fps and GPU usage was about 30 %.

To sum it all up, my GTX 970 is bored to tears by Kerbal Space Program (with all the bells and whistles SVEs assorted mods provide), the CPUs aren't doing that much as well and still I get s h i t for frames in the game. :(

P.S. Funnily enough there is ONE SCENE in the game where GPU usage is 97% - 100 % and that's is in the KSC overview where you have access to the buildings. Applause Squad.... bravo indeed.

Edited by Flashblade

20 minutes ago, keksmonster0991 said:

Is it possible to remove just the volumetric clouds? What file do I need to delete so they don't show up anymore? Somehow they really kill my fps :( 

Hit the alt+0 to open the EVE GUI in game and go over to the cloud manager.  Once there find Kerbin-MainClouds and toggle the volumetric clouds off. 

Or if you want,  you can just go into the clouds.cfg file and delete the cloud volume node.  

You can do this for Eve and Laythe as well. 

24 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Galileo, does Astronomer have a new forum thread for the new pack he's working on? I'm just looking for some more information on his return and what he's working on.

Not quite yet unless there is one I don't know about 

@Astronomer have any info beside what's floating around the forum?   I think it goes without saying but I think everyone is eagerly awaiting your new pack :)

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Not quite yet unless there is one I don't know about 

@Astronomer have any info beside what's floating around the forum?   I think it goes without saying but I think everyone is eagerly awaiting your new pack :)

Hey there! I just started a thread which doesn't have much atm, but I guess it's a start. :)

Edit: How do I link a user?!

Edited by Astronomer

11 minutes ago, Astronomer said:

Hey there! I just started a thread which doesn't have much atm, but I guess it's a start. :)

Edit: How do I link a user?!

You put @[insert username] and then as you type their name should will fill in

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.