[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

how could you run SVE without EVE?  If you can post a screenshot of your GameData folder that would help 

Everything looks fine in your GameData folder.  Now run the game and post your logs afterward.  I have no idea what is causing the performance issue.  If I can take a look at your logs it might help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdvwdd9tcornfy3/output_log.txt?dl=0 here is the dropbox for the log file

6 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That image was taken by @cobbman11 using gemfX and KSPRC if I recall correctly - that atmosphere you're talking about is actually a bloom effect created by gemfx, not the actual atmospheric effects if I call correctly. I don't know if it actually has scatterer in it but I assume it does? Cobbman?

Oof, that was so long ago! I think the creation of this gif predates scatterer. I believe you're correct about the atmosphere. It must have been a layer in EVE (KSPRC config) and the edge glow was made more pronounced by GemFX.

It's kind of funny, the bloom effect is much less realistic than scatterer but in a way I almost like it more... for me it feels just alien enough to look good. I wish I could take the surface hazing and fading from scatterer, and have the bloom effect and atmosphere edge fade from old EVE laid on top. Combine the best of both :P Anyways it's almost 1AM and I need to catch some sleep :) - I'll chat more with you all tomorrow. Have a random piano recording of mine

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Cbv6YXk.jpg

Took a little hypersonic suborbital jaunt to the North Pole to check out reports of new weather phenomena there.  Jeb found fascinating and beautiful snow flurries below the clouds, extending down to the surface.

I'd say it looks great and I plan to leave it in place.  There is sometimes a weird perspective effect - like you expect to see larger snowflake-like particles between you and the ship, and smaller ones farther away.  Sometimes it's like there are small ones in front and huge ones farther away, which is briefly confusing.

Just now, fourfa said:

Cbv6YXk.jpg

Took a little hypersonic suborbital jaunt to the North Pole to check out reports of new weather phenomena there.  Jeb found fascinating and beautiful snow flurries below the clouds, extending down to the surface.

I'd say it looks great and I plan to leave it in place.  There is sometimes a weird perspective effect - like you expect to see larger snowflake-like particles between you and the ship, and smaller ones farther away.  Sometimes it's like there are small ones in front and huge ones farther away, which is briefly confusing.

Yeah Its just a limitation of EVE unfortunately.  I made the particles as small as possible and that still happens

So I have found that for some odd reason I am having a conflict with one of my mods with SVE and I cannot for the life of me find out which on it is. I have even gone so far as to uninstall all of my mods INCLUDING SVE and then reinstall just SVE with scatterer and still no dice. So I just decided to reinstall all of my mods as before (which now that I think about it was probably dumb) and created a log file to maybe see what is wrong. Oh great Galileo, may I beseech you for your assistance?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi1tu68790igukm/KSP.log?dl=0

I also have tried and tried to find the output_log.txt file in my KSP folders and it is not there at all. I looked under KSP_x64_data/ and it isn't there.

Edited by WiliestSoup

On 10/21/2016 at 5:22 PM, WiliestSoup said:

So I have found that for some odd reason I am having a conflict with one of my mods with SVE and I cannot for the life of me find out which on it is. I have even gone so far as to uninstall all of my mods INCLUDING SVE and then reinstall just SVE with scatterer and still no dice. So I just decided to reinstall all of my mods as before (which now that I think about it was probably dumb) and created a log file to maybe see what is wrong. Oh great Galileo, may I beseech you for your assistance?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi1tu68790igukm/KSP.log?dl=0

I will need a output. Log to see what's happening.  Ksp log doesn't help me all that much :/ 

Edited by Galileo

9 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I will need a player. Log to see what's happening.  Ksp log doesn't help me all that much :/ 

I am terribly sorry since I can't seem to find the output_log.txt file. Does it only generate said file when a crash happens? I have tried to google it so you wouldn't have to answer it for me but everything said it would be under KSP_x64_data/ folder and it isn't there. I also use x64 version of the game so that is why I looked there as well as KSP_data just in case. As it says under my name, I am a newbie.

Thank you in advance, also your mods are amazing and thank you for your awesome hard work and dedication.

1 hour ago, treesniper12 said:

me too

I looked at your player log and didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Im not too sure whats going on with your performance. The only thing i can think of, and i might be completely wrong, Is your AMD processor. Im not saying your CPU is bad just saying it might not play nice with SVE and i would have no idea how to fix that.

I have a clean KSP 1.2 install with only SVE 1.1.2.1 ( as well as latest KSP-AVC and modulemanager) and I am getting the following error in the ksp log (here I am using Astroniki Sunflare for Scatterer instead of SVE: Sunflare, but I see the same error when use it instead):

[ERR 18:53:18.502] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:18.503] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:18.565] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:18.566] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.138] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.139] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.214] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.215] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.274] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.275] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.339] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.339] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.402] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.403] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.466] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.467] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.529] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.534] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.601] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.602] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.665] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.666] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.728] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.729] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[LOG 18:53:19.730] [EVE] Loading assets - 13 defs of 13 objects
[LOG 18:53:19.733] [EVE] Loading AssetBundle EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/eveshaders-windows

Is this normal?  Here is a link to a folder with the full log and the contents of the gamedata folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2l7fl1tq2z2z04m/AAATL--ZdKBMthAsv9XPElgSa?dl=0

Any advice will be very appreciated!

Edited by hgordillo

11 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I looked at your player log and didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Im not too sure whats going on with your performance. The only thing i can think of, and i might be completely wrong, Is your AMD processor. Im not saying your CPU is bad just saying it might not play nice with SVE and i would have no idea how to fix that.

I don't remember this happening in previous versions of KSP/SVE, and I have an AMD CPU as well.

11 minutes ago, Moggiog said:

I don't remember this happening in previous versions of KSP/SVE, and I have an AMD CPU as well.

Well SVE hasnt changed at all since 1.1. There are new textures, but besides that, nothing has changed so i dont know why you are seeing a drop in performance. It not just coincidence that the people having issues with SVE have AMD processors. Again, im not saying they are bad, just that something doesnt seem to play nice with them play nice with them. 

Edited by Galileo

Just now, ockidj said:

@Galileo could I remove the way SVE handles eve (the planet) and just let the original scatterer and EVE (the mod) handle it?

I personally don't like the way eve looks in SVE

You can if you remove the Eve node(the planet)  from my cfg and add the one from EVE (the mod)  you would also need to transfer over all the textures that Eve uses in EVE and make sure they have the correct directories. 

@ockidj The default config files for the EVE mod are found in the Boulder Co folder as you said, however Stock Visual Enhancements overwrites those files and creates a new folder for the configs : it's just called StockVisualEnhancements. Inside you will find exactly the same structure as in the Boulder Co folder.

1 hour ago, Speadge said:

dont get me wrong - but i remember that at least on earth "snowING" is a really rare phenomenon on the poles

You are correct,  but this is kerbin :)  i dont know where else I could implement it without it looking wierd and out of place.  I'll leave it there for now until I can figure out how to put it in other places.  Shouldn't be too hard I just have a lot of others things in the works 

2 hours ago, hgordillo said:

Any advice will be very appreciated!

As far as I know this is harmless.  @Waz I think said something about it earlier.  Next time please put your log errors in the spoiler box

2 hours ago, WiliestSoup said:

I am terribly sorry since I can't seem to find the output_log.txt file. Does it only generate said file when a crash happens? I have tried to google it so you wouldn't have to answer it for me but everything said it would be under KSP_x64_data/ folder and it isn't there. I also use x64 version of the game so that is why I looked there as well as KSP_data just in case. As it says under my name, I am a newbie.

Thank you in advance, also your mods are amazing and thank you for your awesome hard work and dedication.

You are definitely looking in the right place.  Run the game for a few mins then check the same location. 

Edited by Galileo

6 hours ago, Galileo said:

no multicore support is what i'm thinking.

UPDATE

• Updated packaging format to be more CKAN friendly
  • The Included "READ ME FIRST" explains new install directions and includes links.

Install instructions in the OP. 

Download Links

For 1.2 version 1.1.4                         
xO68iAc.jpg         

@politas Can you take a look and see if this works for you? Let me know if i need to change anything.

Edited by Galileo

SO an interesting thing I noticed last night, Gal... I think that Kopernicus is doing two separate things that cause the clouds to only show halvisies on the menu screen. First: as we guessed, it's only displaying half the layer - this part we knew. However, last night when I saw it again, I also saw the aurora (or rather, half of it) somewhere over the equator. So, Second: it's rotating the half we see 90 degrees. What I THINK is happening is that Kopernicus (for whatever reason) only uses half the EVE config for the menu, but is rotating SVE's version of it for some internal reason. I always thought that the layers were an upper/lower half. when it looks like it's actually a right/left half, and the half shown is then being rotated to cover upper instead.

Obviously not something you fix (that's EVE's problem), but it may be something to pass on.

@Galileo Love the new scatterer configs!  I found one small issue (and by small I mean I can live with it if it can't be fixed), it may be a scatterer issue but there seems to be a reddish effect when landed in map view.  Here are two screenies, the first one is landed and the second one after using the set orbit tool.  It's very slight and as I said, if it's too much trouble to fix I can certainly live with it but I thought I would let you know in case it was something simple.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.