[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

8 minutes ago, Alshain said:

@Galileo Love the new scatterer configs!  I found one small issue (and by small I mean I can live with it if it can't be fixed), it may be a scatterer issue but there seems to be a reddish effect when landed in map view.  Here are two screenies, the first one is landed and the second one after using the set orbit tool.  It's very slight and as I said, if it's too much trouble to fix I can certainly live with it but I thought I would let you know in case it was something simple.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

It can be fixed, I'll upload a fix tonight. 

12 minutes ago, Glonor said:

The last update was meant to be a CKAN friendly fix. But I still see the 1.1.21 on it.

Putting a mod on ckan is not up to the modders.  It takes time,  sometimes days for an update to show up in ckan. I have no control over it

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, Glonor said:

The last update was meant to be a CKAN friendly fix. But I still see the 1.1.21 on it.

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

Putting a mod on ckan is not up to the modders.  It takes time,  sometimes days for an update to show up in ckan. I have no control over it

We are working on it. The CKAN friendly fix isn't actually that friendly, but the PR just needs one more fix and its done.

Please apologize for the bump.  Any advice whether these log errors are normal or not would be very welcome.  thanks,

I have a clean KSP 1.2 install with only SVE 1.1.2.1 ( as well as latest KSP-AVC and modulemanager) and I am getting the following error in the ksp log (here I am using Astroniki Sunflare for Scatterer instead of SVE: Sunflare, but I see the same error when use it instead):

[ERR 18:53:18.502] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:18.503] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:18.565] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:18.566] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.138] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.139] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.214] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.215] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.274] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.275] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.339] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.339] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.402] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.403] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.466] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.467] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.529] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.534] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.601] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.602] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.665] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.666] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.728] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.729] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[LOG 18:53:19.730] [EVE] Loading assets - 13 defs of 13 objects
[LOG 18:53:19.733] [EVE] Loading AssetBundle EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/eveshaders-windows

Is this normal?  Here is a link to a folder with the full log and the contents of the gamedata folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2l7fl1tq2z2z04m/AAATL--ZdKBMthAsv9XPElgSa?dl=0

Edited by hgordillo

Well ive been screwing around for a while and i think ive finally managed to create FPS friendly particle systems for the surfaces of most airless planets.

vewliNH.png

Not exactly what id call "realistic" (pol doesnt quite look like its coated in sulfur to make the yellowish dust look authentic but its alot more "cool" imo then just brown) and it makes the game alot less dull.  Landing or low altitude combat on airless bodies is much more immersive and epic (and makes those low altitude dogfights look like they outta).  Right now minmus, pol, and vall have fairly high saturation colored effects (in green, yellow, and blueish-cyan respectively), moho has rapidly moving gas clouds, eeloo looks like hoth while its snowing, and most of the other moons have light dust particles in their respective ground color.

I also think im on to something with new low FPS volumetric atmospheres (mainly jool and eve).  If you make a layer with very high particle offset ranges it actually lets you cover a very extensive amount of the planet's atmosphere and it doesnt have that big of an impact on FPS (and the only downside is that it isnt quite as thick as it should be but i can live with that).  Im going to try this with eve and jool (and give them volumetric clouds all the way from the ground to a highish altitude as they outta have), and i have a neat idea for gilly too.  If i can get it to look right (and not eat any significant FPS), im giving gilly a massively thick sort of asteroid debri field made of super small floating rocks (it wont actually damage anything flying through it sadly, but if done right it will look amazing)...

4 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

I'm using SVE and Stock Terrain Enhancements, and they seem to be conflicting with each other. I'm getting odd lines across the grass around KSC, and the city textures and city lights aren't working. Anyone else having that issue, or is it just me?

Screenshots and logs would help a lot.  I haven't noticed anything wrong when using both

31 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Screenshots and logs would help a lot.  I haven't noticed anything wrong when using both

Alright, here are a couple of screenshots, and... what I hope is the correct log? (Output Log from KSP_64?)

output_log.zip

jBm1T5d.png

9QvcbBu.png

Let me know if there's anything else you need, though I'll be AFK for a couple of hours. You may need to full-screen the second shot to see the strange lines in the distance clearly.

3 hours ago, hgordillo said:

Please apologize for the bump.  Any advice whether these log errors are normal or not would be very welcome.  thanks,

I have a clean KSP 1.2 install with only SVE 1.1.2.1 ( as well as latest KSP-AVC and modulemanager) and I am getting the following error in the ksp log (here I am using Astroniki Sunflare for Scatterer instead of SVE: Sunflare, but I see the same error when use it instead):

[ERR 18:53:18.502] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:18.503] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:18.565] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:18.566] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.138] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.139] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.214] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.215] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.274] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.275] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.339] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.339] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.402] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.403] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.466] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.467] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.529] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.534] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.601] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.602] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.665] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.666] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 18:53:19.728] The AssetBundle 'file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\eveshaders-windows.ksp' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded.

[ERR 18:53:19.729] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[LOG 18:53:19.730] [EVE] Loading assets - 13 defs of 13 objects
[LOG 18:53:19.733] [EVE] Loading AssetBundle EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/eveshaders-windows

Is this normal?  Here is a link to a folder with the full log and the contents of the gamedata folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2l7fl1tq2z2z04m/AAATL--ZdKBMthAsv9XPElgSa?dl=0

That is a harmless message.  It's caused by KSP,  scatterer and EVE all have the same name for the asset bundles. 

22 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

Alright, here are a couple of screenshots, and... what I hope is the correct log? (Output Log from KSP_64?)

output_log.zip

jBm1T5d.png

9QvcbBu.png

Let me know if there's anything else you need, though I'll be AFK for a couple of hours. You may need to full-screen the second shot to see the strange lines in the distance clearly.

Try removing the directx11 from your shortcut menu and see if that fixes the issue. 

Edited by Galileo

Is anyone else having trouble downloading this?  I had no issue with downloading the EVE configs, but I am unable to download any of the versions of the main SVE. LR, MR, and HR, are all giving me errors such as failed/interrupted in IE and Chrome, and interrupted in CKAN. The download starts and then slows down to a stop anywhere from 2.7-8.3 Mb into the download. I am able to download other files from other githubs without issue, it is only those 3 files I am having trouble with.  Is there something I am missing?  If not, would it be possible for these to be uploaded to an alternate site for download?

I am looking forward to using this mod, thanks in advance for any help.

Removing the directx 11 from my command line fixed the line problem for me.  I had the problem also but i had other things i had to fix before i worried about that one, lol. Looks great now

There is a issue with your links Galileo. Mainly #3 and #4 for github.   When ya click on em it adds %C2%A0 to the url, which ends up with file not found. Looking at them with a mouse over it shows a %A0 at them, but adds the %c2 part to it also. /shrug

@gckearns  That is probably why you cant grab it.  Just remove %C2%A0 or %A0 from the very end of the url when ya click it and you should be able to download it then.

7 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

Removing the directx 11 from my command line fixed the line problem for me.  I had the problem also but i had other things i had to fix before i worried about that one, lol. Looks great now

There is a issue with your links Galileo. Mainly #3 and #4 for github.   When ya click on em it adds %C2%A0 to the url, which ends up with file not found. Looking at them with a mouse over it shows a %A0 at them, but adds the %c2 part to it also. /shrug

@gckearns  That is probably why you cant grab it.  Just remove %C2%A0 or %A0 from the very end of the url when ya click it and you should be able to download it then.

Awesome glad that fixes it.  That's strange about the links.  I'll fix em.  Thanks for bringing that uo

Quick question for you @Galileo, do you know of any way to make eve cloud layers have soft edges?  Im trying to create the following effects and sofar i can create exactly what i want on the dark side and the light side, but i cannot get the edge to be soft...  Im essentially trying to create cheap low cpu atmospheric effects using just EVE (i know scatterer exists for that but i know EVE is capable of doing it (and was capable back in 0.25 or some old version).  Do you know how to soften the edges of a cloud layer?  None of the parameters seem to give me the desired effects from my atmo and glow layers...

SbP0FCF.png

4tBkUDa.png

This is what im looking for sortof, a soft glow effect around a planet (can be done with 2 layers, 1 close to the surface and 1 farther out, but they need to have soft edges...).  Old version of SVE used the following configuration style:

CLOUD_LAYER
	{
		SAVED
		{
			body = Laythe
			altitude = 20000
			volume = False
			color
			{
				r = 0.35
				g = 0.5
				b = 1
				a = 0.4
			}
			main_texture
			{
				file = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/blank1
				scale = 1
				offset
				{
					x = 0
					y = 0
				}
				speed
				{
					x = 0
					y = 0
				}
			}
			scaled_shader_floats
			{
				falloffPower = 2.5
				falloffScale = 4
				detailDistance = 0.0001
				minimumLight = 0.5
				fadeDistance = 120
				rimDistance = 1
			}
			shader_floats
			{
				falloffPower = 2.5
				falloffScale = 4
				detailDistance = 0
				minimumLight = 0.5
				fadeDistance = 120
				rimDistance = 0.0001
			}
		}
	}

Messing with the values of falloffPower, falloffScale, rimDistance would let you pull that off, now it doesnt seem to work at all...

AQgYavd.png

This is what i get with current EVE (as you can see, the spheres where clouds render have extremely sharp edges).  Any help (since you obviously have more experience modding then me) would be appreciated...

37 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Awesome glad that fixes it.  That's strange about the links.  I'll fix em.  Thanks for bringing that uo

Np.  Ya, the big button to download was fine, its just if you tried to use the links under #3 and #4, then it comes up with a 404 error.  Atleast it does for me on Firefox.

51 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

I'm not seeing any of that when i mouseover the link, or copy it.  Is there a setting that hides this from me? I'm not seeing this in chrome or internet explorer.  As of typing this, though, I had pasted the link to the HR version into a new tab, and it's now over three times as far as its gotten.  Maybe whatever issue I was having earlier is resolved. *knocks on wood*

38 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

Quick question for you @Galileo, do you know of any way to make eve cloud layers have soft edges?  Im trying to create the following effects and sofar i can create exactly what i want on the dark side and the light side, but i cannot get the edge to be soft...  Im essentially trying to create cheap low cpu atmospheric effects using just EVE (i know scatterer exists for that but i know EVE is capable of doing it (and was capable back in 0.25 or some old version).  Do you know how to soften the edges of a cloud layer?  None of the parameters seem to give me the desired effects from my atmo and glow layers...

SbP0FCF.png

4tBkUDa.png

This is what im looking for sortof, a soft glow effect around a planet (can be done with 2 layers, 1 close to the surface and 1 farther out, but they need to have soft edges...).  Old version of SVE used the following configuration style:

CLOUD_LAYER
	{
		SAVED
		{
			body = Laythe
			altitude = 20000
			volume = False
			color
			{
				r = 0.35
				g = 0.5
				b = 1
				a = 0.4
			}
			main_texture
			{
				file = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/blank1
				scale = 1
				offset
				{
					x = 0
					y = 0
				}
				speed
				{
					x = 0
					y = 0
				}
			}
			scaled_shader_floats
			{
				falloffPower = 2.5
				falloffScale = 4
				detailDistance = 0.0001
				minimumLight = 0.5
				fadeDistance = 120
				rimDistance = 1
			}
			shader_floats
			{
				falloffPower = 2.5
				falloffScale = 4
				detailDistance = 0
				minimumLight = 0.5
				fadeDistance = 120
				rimDistance = 0.0001
			}
		}
	}

Messing with the values of falloffPower, falloffScale, rimDistance would let you pull that off, now it doesnt seem to work at all...

AQgYavd.png

This is what i get with current EVE (as you can see, the spheres where clouds render have extremely sharp edges).  Any help (since you obviously have more experience modding then me) would be appreciated...

I don't know of a way off the top of my head.  I don't think its possible atm. Somethings that worked in the old EVE don't work anymore. If you are doing this cloud layers, I don't think you can make it have a soft edge. The old EVE used to have an atmosphere manager that allowed for the glow around atmospheric bodies. Maybe @Waz can take a look and see if the atmosphere manager is capable of being restored in 1.2. With scatterer being as popular as it is,  I'm pretty sure that's why the atmosphere manager in EVE was abandoned by rbray. 

3 minutes ago, Olympic1 said:

UPDATE: SVE is now back available on CKAN, sorry for the delay guys

What should I do next time to make putting it on ckan easier for you guys? I was kind of working blind last time and went off of my assumptions of how CKAN works. Sorry if it was a pain in the butt.  

If you want to PM that's cool

18 minutes ago, thrandisher said:

Np.  Ya, the big button to download was fine, its just if you tried to use the links under #3 and #4, then it comes up with a 404 error.  Atleast it does for me on Firefox.

It does for me as well.  Maybe I should check that my links work first before I add them lol

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

That is a harmless message.  It's caused by KSP,  scatterer and EVE all have the same name for the asset bundles. 

Try removing the directx11 from your shortcut menu and see if that fixes the issue. 

Hmm, alright, I'll give it a shot. I'm using DX11, though, because it makes the UI flicker bug way less prominent, so if that's it, I may just have to hold off on SVT until the UI bug is fixed. We'll see. Wish me luck!

Hi

I have an issue with Procedural Fairings. It looks like there is a dark shadow on it respectively the angle of the sunshine is reflectet to the wrong side. And the non-sunside is very, very dark. Here some pictures: Album

This issue only occurs when SVE is installed and i had this issue in 1.1.3 too.

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Hi

I have an issue with Procedural Fairings. It looks like there is a dark shadow on it respectively the angle of the sunshine is reflectet to the wrong side. And the non-sunside is very, very dark. Here some pictures: Album

This issue only occurs when SVE is installed and i had this issue in 1.1.3 too.

Have any pictures of this happening without SVE?  

That looks like an issue with the normal maps of that part. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.