[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

13 hours ago, Galileo said:

I don't know of a way off the top of my head.  I don't think its possible atm. Somethings that worked in the old EVE don't work anymore. If you are doing this cloud layers, I don't think you can make it have a soft edge. The old EVE used to have an atmosphere manager that allowed for the glow around atmospheric bodies. Maybe @Waz can take a look and see if the atmosphere manager is capable of being restored in 1.2. With scatterer being as popular as it is,  I'm pretty sure that's why the atmosphere manager in EVE was abandoned by rbray. 

Main reason i wanted to do it with EVE only is that i get less performance loss running just EVE and i cant seem to figure out how to make scatterer actually do what i want it to (it works perfectly fine when trying to make the game more realistic, doesnt really work right when trying to make the game less realistic).  Ill give scatterer another shot though, sadly it gets quite laggy with both scatterer and eve running simultaneously :(...

20 minutes ago, Galileo said:

No.  Some Macs are not capable of anything higher than 4k unfortunately. 

Its okay I have solved my issue, but yes, some macs are like that :( But mine isn't :) sorry to bother, and I am enjoying the update @Galileo 

Edited by ISE

Is this mod not 1.2 compatible anymore? :rolleyes: I have tried for over two hours this weekend to get this working and nothing... I did everything right from absolute scratch multiple times. I am not using CKAN as I think it's garbage and never installs anything correctly.

I install the EVE plugin (without the configs), I installed the scatterer, downloaded and installed the scatterer configs, then lastly downloaded and installed the SVE. I go into Kerbal, it's only showing the stock EVE clouds/atmospheres and not the SVE ones. I'm starting to get really confused by this for a number of reasons. But to not overcomplicate things, here is my  current folder setup....

foldersetup.jpg

Here is what KSP is saying about loading the high-res SVE:

kspwarnings.jpg

23 minutes ago, sedativechunk said:

Is this mod not 1.2 compatible anymore? :rolleyes: I have tried for over two hours this weekend to get this working and nothing... I did everything right from absolute scratch multiple times. I am not using CKAN as I think it's garbage and never installs anything correctly.

I install the EVE plugin (without the configs), I installed the scatterer, downloaded and installed the scatterer configs, then lastly downloaded and installed the SVE. I go into Kerbal, it's only showing the stock EVE clouds/atmospheres and not the SVE ones. I'm starting to get really confused by this for a number of reasons. But to not overcomplicate things, here is my  current folder setup....

foldersetup.jpg

Here is what KSP is saying about loading the high-res SVE:

kspwarnings.jpg

Those clouds I see in the menu screenshot are SVE's clouds,  not EVE's.  You will not see scatterer in the main menu or in the tracking station. You have installed it correctly. Just go in game and see for your self. 

1 hour ago, Benji13 said:

Hey, just a quick question, now that Kopernicus is updated to 1.2, does that mean that Jool will be getting rings soon (if it doesn't already)? I'd love to see some pics if it does. 

It will be getting rings very soon. 

Edited by Galileo

9 hours ago, dtoxic said:

Does setting "ShadowFactor" to "0" in Clouds.cfg disable shadows completely?

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

Sure does :)

I'm not so sure about that. I'm pretty sure all that does is make the shadows completely transparent. You still pay some performance cost. To remove it entirely, uncheck the shadowMaterial section.

11 minutes ago, Waz said:

I'm not so sure about that. I'm pretty sure all that does is make the shadows completely transparent. You still pay some performance cost. To remove it entirely, uncheck the shadowMaterial section.

I have done it both ways and i didnt see a difference in performance :/ thats not saying much considering i get over 100 fps...... It would be terribly hard for me to notice the difference 

Edited by Galileo

10 minutes ago, Stop_signGEORGE said:

I don't think the aurora is in the right spot...

http://imgur.com/a/bSlyS

that only happens on in the main menu... i have personally never seen that happen but i do know its because of kopernicus... kinda funny actually

But even if i did put the aurora there, HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME! :D

Edited by Galileo

On 10/21/2016 at 6:32 PM, Galileo said:

You are definitely looking in the right place.  Run the game for a few mins then check the same location. 

So here is what I have found (sorry it has been so long, life happens). I found that it only happens to my back up's of the game. BUT on steam, either launching from the steam games library or the files, it works just fine (it really is a beautiful mod by the way, pictures don't do it justice, you have to see it to really get how amazing it is). Also, my steam file/game produces an output_log.txt but none of my others do. Which, if I was having a problem with my steam game would be freaking great, but nope.

So here is what I did, I copied the entire game, with the mod installed and working, into a different folder and then I fired up the game and as soon as I get into the main menu, I usually wait for about a minute to see if it needs time to load. Aaaand nothing. So, here is my question, what in the (bleep) is happening? I have tried everything I could think of. Maybe someone else has experienced this issue and has a solution, that would be magical.

Edit: I also have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and mod multiple times just to make sure nothing was lost in the transfer. Can anyone help?

Also, it isn't another mod, sorry I forgot to mention that. I have ONLY SVE and the other mods that come with it installed and still nothing.

Edited by WiliestSoup

7 minutes ago, WiliestSoup said:

So here is what I have found (sorry it has been so long, life happens). I found that it only happens to my back up's of the game. BUT on steam, either launching from the steam games library or the files, it works just fine (it really is a beautiful mod by the way, pictures don't do it justice, you have to see it to really get how amazing it is). Also, my steam file/game produces an output_log.txt but none of my others do. Which, if I was having a problem with my steam game would be freaking great, but nope.

So here is what I did, I copied the entire game, with the mod installed and working, into a different folder and then I fired up the game and as soon as I get into the main menu, I usually wait for about a minute to see if it needs time to load. Aaaand nothing. So, here is my question, what in the (bleep) is happening? I have tried everything I could think of. Maybe someone else has experienced this issue and has a solution, that would be magical.

Edit: I also have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and mod multiple times just to make sure nothing was lost in the transfer. Can anyone help?

Also, it isn't another mod, sorry I forgot to mention that. I have ONLY SVE and the other mods that come with it installed and still nothing.

ok so what was the issue again? Are you just not seeing clouds? and it works when you run it through steam but not on the backup of the game?

Edited by Galileo

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

ok so what was the issue again? Are you just not seeing clouds? and it works when you run it through steam but not on the backup of the game?

I knew I was forgetting something. The issue is that the menu for scatter doesn't even show up in the main menu, no clouds. I saw that to hide the menu you press Alt+F10 and so I thought that maybe it was just hidden, nope. Also, in the loading screen while booting up it doesn't seem to load in SVE at all. Which is weird because it is there and the exact same copy as the one in the steam file. Oh, yeah, Steam works, backup's don't. I start playing in a new game, still no clouds, sunglare, nothing. I don't think it is the mods fault, just the idiot behind this keyboard who doesn't know what he is doing with it.

Edited by WiliestSoup

5 minutes ago, WiliestSoup said:

I knew I was forgetting something. The issue is that the menu for scatter doesn't even show up in the main menu, no clouds. I saw that to hide the menu you press Alt+F10 and so I thought that maybe it was just hidden, nope. Also, in the loading screen while booting up it doesn't seem to load in SVE at all. Which is weird because it is there and the exact same copy as the one in the steam file. Oh, yeah, Steam works, backup's don't. I start playing in a new game, still no clouds, sunglare, nothing. I don't think it is the mods fault, just the idiot behind the keyboard who doesn't know what he is doing with it.

Try this... instead of running the game from a different location just make a shortcut of your x64 game on the desktop. If you launch from there it bypasses steam which i think is what you are trying to do. 

may i ask why you want to run it from a back up specifically?

21 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Try this... instead of running the game from a different location just make a shortcut of your x64 game on the desktop. If you launch from there it bypasses steam which i think is what you are trying to do. 

may i ask why you want to run it from a back up specifically?

I will most certainly try that. Thank you so much.

I run the game in a back up so that way when steam decides to update the game, I can still play the game while I am waiting for the mods to be updated to the new update. It has worked with every other mod except SVE, which I am not blaming you or your mod, I might add. It's not a deal breaker, it just makes the game look so good. Anyways, I really appreciate your help. You sir, are awesome.

I also just downloaded SVE just about a week ago.

Edited by WiliestSoup

Just now, WiliestSoup said:

I will most certainly try that. Thank you so much.

I run the game in a back up so that way when steam decides to update the game, I can still play the game while I am waiting for the mods to be updated to the new update. It has worked with every other mod except SVE, which I am not blaming you or your mod, I might add. It's not a deal breaker, it just makes the game look so good. Anyways, I really appreciate your help. You sir, are awesome.

Ok well if you do what I recommended you can run the game without being logged in on steam and therefore steam won't auto update your game.  So my suggestion should solve your issue

31 minutes ago, sedativechunk said:

Thanks for the response above. I went into my KSP however and it doesn't look like the game is using SVE :(

kspwrongclouds.jpg

Like I said in my response above,  scatterer does not work in the tracking station or in the main menu. 

I've tried carefully following the install instructions three times now and I can't get the clouds to show up at all. I have gotten to work on previous versions of ksp just fine but this all says 1.2 compatible so I'm doing something wrong... Anyone have an idea of what dumb thing I've done to cause this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.