[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 minute ago, SkyKaptn said:

Quite satisfied with latest build regarding scatterer configs. Not too aggressively applied so Kerbin looks more blue than greyish from orbit. I do however believe I will copy config point 6 over to point 5 to get the termination a bit sooner.

Just be careful I had to throw an extra point in there to get the transition to look a little smoother! 

Just now, SkyKaptn said:

Breaking news: Kerbin has suffered a cataclysmic pole shift. Val not happy.
I know Kopernicus messes up the main menu, but this was a new one :lol:

6RmCGyl.png

HAHAHA her face is great!

Think im going to take a week off and play Empyrion: Galactic Empire. I haven't payed it since it first because an early access game on steam... Looks stunning now.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Well going forward I will distribute SVE in 2 packs, one for ckan and one that is completely bundled for easy installation.  My hope is for the long way to become obsolete  because nobody should be downloading the ckan version to do a manual install. 

@politas let me know if doing it this was creates a headache or if I just need to make a new repo for the ckan format sve

I would actually prefer to download just the SVE texture and config files while downloading the other mods separately. It makes it much easier to upgrade the individual components and adapt for future version of KSP.

5 minutes ago, Farix said:

I would actually prefer to download just the SVE texture and config files while downloading the other mods separately. It makes it much easier to upgrade the individual components and adapt for future version of KSP.

well if you are comfortable enough doing that, you can always download the Ckan version and put it together however you would like :)

47 minutes ago, dtoxic said:

Hello wanted to ask is this normal behavior? or did i screw the installation, the only thing i disabled are the shadows (asking about the EVE config window, not the look i know not all features work in tracking station)

http://i.imgur.com/yxFW9I2.png

Yeah that's normal.  The atmosphere manager doesn't work you have to toggle over to cloud manager

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, 1990eam said:

Will Kopernicus mess with this? I installed it and the cloud textures are gone. They come back if I remove Kopernicus.

If you are talking about not having clouds in the main menu,  that is normal. It's a known bug with kopernicus. The clouds are still there in game. You would have to go into the game to actually see them. Also,  when you are done playing and exit to the main menu,  the clouds will show up but will be rotated 90 degrees and only cover half the planet.  This is also normal and it does not affect anything. 

Edited by Galileo

Well im making some progress with EVE mod...

s2ddU0x.png

What do you thing @Galileo?  Im trying to get the best sort of results without using scatterer at all.  Still wish EVE retained the old option for smooth edge rendering on the spheres.  if you look close enough you can spot the edge of the "atmo" layer around kerbin.  Apparently the old EVE (from 0.25-1.05) let you have so much prettier stuff since it didnt create those ugly abrupt edges (or well you could, but there was some way to make them smooth).

qgRYcEx.png

Anyways, surface effects are done for every single planet that makes sense to have them, all planets (except for gilly and bop since i cant get it to look acceptable with their insane altitude variations) have a glow/atmo effect present, and i have clouds for kerbin and laythe (made my own textures from something i found online).  Now to do a basic cloud layer for duna (i want it to be far less crowded then the kerbin/laythe layers), jool (thats going to be painful to make good), and eve (prolly will end up reusing defaults from EVE mod), and im done!

Edited by panzer1b

Just a quick question @Galileo, how did you make the snow textures work with EVE?  Im trying to create my own snow texture and its giving me complete garbage in game with weird artefacting...

ih1M6lh.png

Any help with that would be appreciated, and if it'd help, i can give you my snow texture for you to look at...

@panzer1b It's a pretty involved process.  It's actually 4 different textures turned into a single RGBA texture. I couldn't explain it all here without flooding the thread

This is a good tutorial here. It uses the same process I used. 

Also you actual snowflakes need to be extremely small

Edited by Galileo

25 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@panzer1b It's a pretty involved process.  It's actually 4 different textures turned into a single RGBA texture. I couldn't explain it all here without flooding the thread

This is a good tutorial here. It uses the same process I used. 

Also you actual snowflakes need to be extremely small

Thx, that will defenetely help me with future particle effects, managed to get snow to look acceptable at least atm by using RGB noise addition.

weIeQdg.png

Still not happy with it but it works and actually makes eeloo look like it outta!  I figured how to make incredibly low lag particles here, just set the max render to a low number and go nuts with the particle spawner to make it look like you are swimming in snow.  And while you can exactly tell in the screenie, that snow is moving at like 1km/s...

Yv43Mwn.png

Anyways, sorry for flooding your thread with my stuff, im prolly gonna release my mod tomorra when im 100% happy with it...

Edited by panzer1b

G'day folks,

Very long time lurker here... been hanging around for over 4 years and this mod is the first that's motivated me to post anything.  Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work to @Galileo and all others who've worked on SVE.  Only discovered it relatively recently, but it's completely reinvigorated the game for me.  Occasionally, you get to see something that just makes your jaw drop..

czXHXSC.png

Dawn Re-entry

zU5ibCw.png

Chutes!

Keep up the great work!!

Edited by WarpSpider74
Added pics instead of links

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.