[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Ok, I'm seeing something strange with the clouds in a 6.4x rescaled game (using KScale64)...

CAUSGxk.png

When below the clouds, I get an arc centered around the camera viewpoint that cuts off the clouds.  When shifting the view, the arc moves with the camera.

P8BWPtD.png

sp2Xkq8.png

Any ideas on what (if anything) I can adjust to correct that?

EDIT:  Actually, never mind...  the clouds are set way too high.  Not sure what happened, but nuking SVE and putting in a fresh copy fixed it.

Mostly fixed it, anyway.  I'm still seeing the effect (greatly reduced) at high altitude, right up at the cloud layer altitude:

wNq0Pd6.png

I guess the rescale is pushing them up too high (38 km is kind of high for a cloud layer).  I'll have to play around and see what I need to do to drop them back down lower.

Edited by RoboRay

Yes, it seems that the 6.4x rescale of Kerbin is pushing the cloud and aurora layers up nearly into space.  I can manually reset them in-game with the EVE window and they stick, but want to make sure I'm setting them to the proper heights.  Looking at the SVE clouds.cfg, I see Kerbin's layers set to 6000, 7500 and 8000.  Are these the actual "normal scale" altitudes for Kerbin's clouds, or is there a modifier applied to those values in-game?

Just now, RoboRay said:

Yes, it seems that the 6.4x rescale of Kerbin is pushing the cloud and aurora layers up nearly into space.  I can manually reset them in-game with the EVE window and they stick, but want to make sure I'm setting them to the proper heights.  Looking at the SVE clouds.cfg, I see Kerbin's layers set to 6000, 7500 and 8000.  Are these the actual "normal scale" altitudes for Kerbin's clouds, or is there a modifier applied to those values in-game?

Those are normal scale. no modifiers.

Thank you!  I'll set them back to that in my rescaled game.

Edit:  Solution is to edit the clouds.cfg to divide all cloud layer altitudes by 6.4, then let the Kopernicus config multiply them back up by 6.4 again.  Doing anything in-game with the EVE menu screws up cloud heights throughout the entire solar system for rescaled games.

Edited by RoboRay

7 hours ago, RoboRay said:

Thank you!  I'll set them back to that in my rescaled game.

Edit:  Solution is to edit the clouds.cfg to divide all cloud layer altitudes by 6.4, then let the Kopernicus config multiply them back up by 6.4 again.  Doing anything in-game with the EVE menu screws up cloud heights throughout the entire solar system for rescaled games.

Shouldn't you report this in the Kopernicus topic, that perhaps it shouldn't adjust the cloud altitudes in clouds.cfg for Kerbin ?

Edited by Jacke

Hello, it seems after putting together a mild install with SVE I cannot get the clouds to appear at all, anywhere. Scatterer seems fine, but Texture Replacer will not replace the skybox for some reason as well. I suspect the issue may be related. 

KSP.log

Output_log

http://imgur.com/a/GrdlV

Edited by Motokid600

1 minute ago, Motokid600 said:

Hello, it seems after putting together a mild install with SVE I cannot get the clouds to appear at all, anywhere. Scatterer seems fine, but Texture Replacer will not replace the skybox for some reason as well. I suspect the issue may be related. 

KSP.log

Output_log

http://imgur.com/a/GrdlV

you are missing EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folder.. Did you download the All In One version? because its included.. the version with everything separated is for CKAN purposes only

35 minutes ago, Galileo said:

you are missing EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folder.. Did you download the All In One version? because its included.. the version with everything separated is for CKAN purposes only

Oh, I see. Where is the link for the All in One version? I clicked the one with the black icon in the OP which took me to GitHub where I downloaded SVE.HR.1.1.4.zip 

Edited by Motokid600

50 minutes ago, JuusoMut said:

I have been having some issues with the clouds and can't seem to figure out how to fix it. The cloud layer doesn't seem smooth as seen in the screenshot. I appreciate all the help in advance.

Output_log

http://imgur.com/a/Q9Y2W

If you need anything else just ask.

That looks fine

Provide the screenshot that looks smoother for comparison 

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, JuusoMut said:

I have been having some issues with the clouds and can't seem to figure out how to fix it. The cloud layer doesn't seem smooth as seen in the screenshot. I appreciate all the help in advance.

Output_log

http://imgur.com/a/Q9Y2W

If you need anything else just ask.

isnt that the way clouds are display at a certain hight for default? i am used to this since i know eve.

I think to remember it is cause of distant clouds are not "pseudo-3d" rendered, as the near ones are. So when u are at a certain altitude (just above them) and look at distant ones, they just seem to be flat.

something like this?!

Edited by Speadge

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

That looks fine

Provide the screenshot that looks smoother for comparison 

Alright then, i haven't used SVE in a while so i'm probably remembering wrong. I checked few images and videos and looks like it's the same with everyone. Sorry i wasting your time

Hmm, SVE is crashing Scatterer for me in CKAN - when I try to update Scatterer, no matter if I try to update the default config or the SVE config it breaks with this error, somehow related to the SVE configs available, even if I don't select them:

crash_SVE.png

@Galileo@Waz - any idea what that could be? Is this just me or does anyone else has this issue?

51 minutes ago, Tekener said:

Hmm, SVE is crashing Scatterer for me in CKAN - when I try to update Scatterer, no matter if I try to update the default config or the SVE config it breaks with this error, somehow related to the SVE configs available, even if I don't select them:

crash_SVE.png

@Galileo@Waz - any idea what that could be? Is this just me or does anyone else has this issue?

I don't use ckan but I last I saw,  SVE wasn't compatible on ckan so I don't know why this would be happening.  Have you asked on the ckan thread? 

Edited by Galileo

Hello. I'm sure it's been asked before but what exactly do you have to do to get SVE and SVT working with Sigma Dimensions (when you make everything 2x as big)? I've seen in the past people that have had issues with these two mods but I didn't see any answers. Thanks,

Benji13.

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

They work just fine with Sigma Dimensions.  Just install SVE and SVT and adjust SD to your liking 

Cool, thanks. I'm building up my mods list for a new career and new laptop (with a good graphics card) and I'm definitely looking forward to being able to play with SVE. 

Galileo, you know I love you man, and your mod, further I know my laptop was never intended to be a hardcore physics gaming machine. That said,I landed on Duna once again, and though I love the eerie feel, the dust storms are killing my frame rate to the point right clicking a part takes multiple times to get a response - far far worse than ascent on Kerbin. Not looking for you to alter SVE, just asking for help adjusting my settings. I don't grasp even the basics of EVE. When I open the GUI and locate the dust storms I have no clue how to tone down the clouds. What do I change? 

9 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Galileo, you know I love you man, and your mod, further I know my laptop was never intended to be a hardcore physics gaming machine. That said,I landed on Duna once again, and though I love the eerie feel, the dust storms are killing my frame rate to the point right clicking a part takes multiple times to get a response - far far worse than ascent on Kerbin. Not looking for you to alter SVE, just asking for help adjusting my settings. I don't grasp even the basics of EVE. When I open the GUI and locate the dust storms I have no clue how to tone down the clouds. What do I change? 

Just scroll down on the menu for dunadustorms and deselect the option for layerVolume then hit apply.  That should disable the dusts storm volumetric clouds.   Unfortunately,  there isn't a way to tone them down

Any idea what might cause the clouds to flicker? Looks like static noise in the clouds from certain angles. Hard to take pics. No other mods present. KSP 1.2.1 and SVE low or med res, Scatterer without ocean shaders.

4 hours ago, Dafni said:

Any idea what might cause the clouds to flicker? Looks like static noise in the clouds from certain angles. Hard to take pics. No other mods present. KSP 1.2.1 and SVE low or med res, Scatterer without ocean shaders.

Are you using the experimental scatterer dll that changes the cloud color at the sunset and sunrise?  If you are deleting scatterer and add the one back that came bundled with SVE.  The experimental version of scatterer does not work with SVE. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.