[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

I really enjoy flying through clouds and seeing the realistic atmospheric effects in KSP, thank you for all that.  Can I get some help with something though?  I am doing some "historical" missions and I am starting to land probes on EVE and well, I can't really see where the land masses are through everything and I was curious if there might be a tweak that I can apply only to EVE so that I can see them without impacting other planets.  I just thought I would ask and see if there was something that I could do.

Well considering Scatterer breaks now when a change is made to the EVE GUI, I would have to suggest opening your cheat menu alt+f12 (or something like that), and show the biomes. It will give you a representation of where the ground is.

Just a quick notice: CKAN is now up2date again and installs SVE correct again.

@Galileo

CKAN's auto index searches now for new versions of for these 2 sub-packages ( SVE-sunflare and SVE-Scatterer-Config) in every github release file with Scatterer in it's name. See also here.
The other packages are matched against "SVE.HR.*.zip" (HR,LR,MR), see also this, if interested.
If you change the naming convention, you can give the CKAN guys a notice, if you want. o/ :)

Edited by Jebs_SY

1 minute ago, Beetlecat said:

Hooray! Hooray!

I love how these visual mods are all coming together again. :)

Are the ring shadows *from* the rings (onto the planet), as well as *on* the rings (from the planet itself) a thing, yet?

yes and they look spectacular :) just download the latest kopernicus

Edited by Galileo

Hello thanks for the update! I will now update and enjoy! :D

I have a question, or two, tho: 1) My mun appears rather dark, is it a change from this mod or maybe my planet shine settings, does this sound familiar? 2) When I go back to the space center, I often get a glitch where the buildings are either invisible or under the ocean. Do you know which mod is causing this?

12 minutes ago, canisin said:

Hello thanks for the update! I will now update and enjoy! :D

I have a question, or two, tho: 1) My mun appears rather dark, is it a change from this mod or maybe my planet shine settings, does this sound familiar? 2) When I go back to the space center, I often get a glitch where the buildings are either invisible or under the ocean. Do you know which mod is causing this?

yes the moon is darker in this mod. The space center being flooded is caused by scatterer and is a known bug. a simple scene change fixes it.

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, Jonney5 said:

Was there a reason that the Mun and Minmus dust is not included in 1.1.6? I really liked that feature. Will it hurt anything to just add it back to the config from an older version?

You can, ya. I meant to include them but when I was having trouble with experimental scatterer , I had to remove them and I just forgot to add them 

i was grab 1.1.6 release & i think something is mest up with our dear sun aka scale reflection to small vs diameter & sun center is waaaay to hot or way over bright
iCpbw3W.png
watch out for sensitive eye :D light reflection is very intensive or out of control
UOLp9cj.png
p.s. cloud volumetry are fine from color perspective

cheers

On 2/2/2017 at 11:46 PM, Galileo said:

yes the moon is darker in this mod. The space center being flooded is caused by scatterer and is a known bug. a simple scene change fixes it.

On 2/4/2017 at 8:36 PM, Galileo said:

SVE doesn't mess with the moon at all

Thank you for your responses Galileo, but is the moon darker or not? :)

Also, do you suggest or not suggest using Planet Shine along with your mod?

On 2/6/2017 at 2:50 AM, canisin said:

Thank you for your responses Galileo, but is the moon darker or not? :)

Also, do you suggest or not suggest using Planet Shine along with your mod?

SVE does not mess with the moon, SVT does.. two different mods. I made a mistake and thought i was on the SVT thread.

planet shine is fine with SVE

Edited by Galileo

not only do I prefer the older Jool, I don't want to retcon earlier images. Tried to just dump the textures and layer configs into the latest SVE folder/file (erasing the Jool layers that were already there) and got a green featureless planet. @Galileo if you can think off the top of your head what I need to do to get the old textures working, please let me know. Otherwise I will actually spend some time digging into it tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

not only do I prefer the older Jool, I don't want to retcon earlier images. Tried to just dump the textures and layer configs into the latest SVE folder/file (erasing the Jool layers that were already there) and got a green featureless planet. @Galileo if you can think off the top of your head what I need to do to get the old textures working, please let me know. Otherwise I will actually spend some time digging into it tomorrow.

I do not have those those textures anymore... they MIGHT be in the 1.1.3 version on github though

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I do not have those those textures anymore... they MIGHT be in the 1.1.3 version on github though

I have the textures, it's just that my initial basic attempt at getting them to show up didn't work. Late in the day now, no time to really dig into the configs and see what changed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.