[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

19 minutes ago, msnbcorp said:

Little question :

When i launch the scatterer menu ingame i see that scatterer consider only its own configuration (the .cfg in the scatterer path). Is it normal, do i have to set it to the SVEscatterer path manually ?

leave everything alone with scatterer and SVE. Scatterer doesn't deal well with Module Manager. The way I have it set up is the way it needs to be. The paths in the scatterer GUI will show the wrong paths. Leave it alone or your game will break. Making adjustments will break the cfgs.

Edited by Galileo

Thanks for the answer, but i would be glad to understand why ^^. As I try to modify some of the scaterer parameter for debugging thing i would like to understand why scatterer don't understand it in its own UI. So it's a bug ?

Does it mean that parameter in the scatterer UI are the good one (yours) and not the scatterer default one because module manager magic work good ?

8 minutes ago, msnbcorp said:

Thanks for the answer, but i would be glad to understand why ^^. As I try to modify some of the scaterer parameter for debugging thing i would like to understand why scatterer don't understand it in its own UI. So it's a bug ?

Does it mean that parameter in the scatterer UI are the good one (yours) and not the scatterer default one because module manager magic work good ?

Yes, it's a bug with scatterer. I cannot explain to you why, I will only tell you not to adjust them. I cannot help you further if you decide to adjust things. 

5 hours ago, SleweD said:

@Xiyn It's caused by scatterer, if you look deep into old replies on its thread you can find people with similar issues. Try the latest beta shared here maybe:

Thanks for that.  I installed the 0.310 beta, but it did not resolve the issue.  I'll look around the Scatterer thread to see if I can find anything.  

5 hours ago, SleweD said:

@Xiyn It's caused by scatterer, if you look deep into old replies on its thread you can find people with similar issues. Try the latest beta shared here maybe:

@Galileo You're probably not going to help me on this but I was using an older SVE where my Jool used to glow like this:

PFyodTN.jpg

j1Pdsm0.jpg

(Notice the halo around the edges softening them).

I updated and now my Jool looks like this with super sharp edges:

MXRGntU.jpg

Do you know how to return it back to how it was?

Until scatterer fixes the issues with eve integration, i can't fix the issue. Until then, we wait.

Edited by Galileo

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, Galileo said:

They aren't static. Have you tried time warping? 

Yes, yes I have, this is why I am asking. About a week ago, I had another install of KSP and SVE and EVE and Scatterer and the clouds and auroras were not static and moved around

Edited by tallon43

11 minutes ago, memyselfandI said:

I hate to say it but with all of those core mods that are needed to download crashes ksp. I can't even take a screen shot without it crashing. 

post a pic of your GameData folder and a link to your output log

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

1 minute ago, memyselfandI said:

Where is the output log located at?

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

23 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

post a pic of your GameData folder and a link to your output log

GameData   Output log 

I left it alone this time for a few minutes after loading. It went into the main menu, and scatterer showed up with a popup box at the top left. What kind of settings do I need for it to properly work correctly? (The in-game box at the main menu of course)

Update:

Nevermind it lags lot, and I had to reboot my computer because of that. Plus, some of my satellites (and the purple moon above mun) disappeared.

Edited by memyselfandI

@memyselfandI

• don't touch any of the scatterer settings, SVE modifies them to exactly what they need to be and if you change them, it will break stuff.
  • PlanetShine is installed wrong
  • you have a random folder named Extras in your GameData
  • SVE and KSS are not compatible so that's your biggest problem

2 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@memyselfandI

• don't touch any of the scatterer settings, SVE modifies them to exactly what they need to be and if you change them, it will break stuff.
  • PlanetShine is installed wrong
  • you have a random folder named Extras in your GameData
  • SVE and KSS are not compatible so that's your biggest problem

Didn't realize that. So, by removing KSS and the extra (Which contains XenonHallThrusters) I should be set? 

Just now, memyselfandI said:

Didn't realize that. So, by removing KSS and the extra (Which contains XenonHallThrusters) I should be set? 

No you can leave the xenonHallthrusters.cfg, it won't do anything to affect SVE (I just had no idea that that was what was in the Extras folder) but ya get rid of KSS and see if it works.

Also, fix PlanetShine.

2 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

No you can leave the xenonHallthrusters.cfg, it won't do anything to affect SVE (I just had no idea that that was what was in the Extras folder) but ya get rid of KSS and see if it works.

Also, fix PlanetShine.

Where does PlanetShine belong? 

11 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

It should look like /GameData/PlanetShine. Open ksp-planetshine-master and find the folder named PlanetShine and then put that into your GameData

Alright, going to boot the game up again. 

Update: 

Its working correctly, but two things one I tried checking out EVE but it says its config files are missing, and two my other two Satellites disappeared on me (Shouldn't be a problem I'll just relaunch them). 

Edited by memyselfandI

27 minutes ago, memyselfandI said:

Alright, going to boot the game up again. 

Update: 

Its working correctly, but two things one I tried checking out EVE but it says its config files are missing, and two my other two Satellites disappeared on me (Shouldn't be a problem I'll just relaunch them). 

If you are just going to use EVE and not SVE, there are two files you need. You need the EVE plugin and the EVE configs. Found here: 

https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases 

1 minute ago, memyselfandI said:

Game looks great with SVE and terrain enhancement. Can both Eve and SVE be used in conjunction?

No, the cfgs conflict. SVE and EVE both only add clouds so why would you want to use both? 

yea I'm going to agree with @msnbcorp that clouds from the ground at detail level 30 look fantastic. Here is a comparison

3stKn9Ll.png

Detail 10 on the left and 30 on the right. I think people should be aware of this for when flying in the atmosphere. I understand the current settings prefer orbital flight. Since switching the detail setting in game currently breaks Scatterer, here's a MM patch ppl can use to change the detail depending on how they are looking to play for a given session

@EVE_CLOUDS:FINAL
{
  @OBJECT[Kerbin-MainClouds],*
  {
    @settings
    {
      @_DetailScale = 30  // default 10
    }
  }
}

Also trying to run down a Scatterer issue led me to doing some MM config work for myself that removes all the SVE stuff I don't want so I don't have to actually modify/delete anything in the SVE folder every time it gets updated. One of things that may be useful to some people who ask for the EVE city lights to be disabled just use this:

@EVE_CITY_LIGHTS:FINAL
{
  !OBJECT,* {}
}

Edited by Drew Kerman

THIS ISN'T WORKING...

because my computer can't handle the level of AWESOME this mod provides. I hope to be getting a better video card in the near future, at which point I'll be downloading this again along with the various related mods.

Thanks for being awesome!

Jamie

Dear Charlie Munman,

I'm so sorry to bother you, I really appreciate your mod, anyway It isn't working. And I'm not sure wherever I'm doing mistakes. I made a total new Installation of KSP, I Installed in GameData only the mods required: here is the picture of my gamedata folder:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxVfSboigHMrMjBCUTl3ZkMyX0k

So I start the game, obviously  x64mode, and I can see the effects of scatterer, but I cannot see the effects of your mod. In addition here is a message that appears in game:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxVfSboigHMrZHM0bHNTTUxGOU0

I do not have an output_log because game is not crashing.

Thanks for all your support, I'll be happy also to donate to support this wonderful project

Regards

Edited by DuskIO

12 minutes ago, DuskIO said:

Dear Charlie Munman,

I'm so sorry to bother you, I really appreciate your mod, anyway It isn't working. And I'm not sure wherever I'm doing mistakes. I made a total new Installation of KSP, I Installed in GameData only the mods required: here is the picture of my gamedata folder:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxVfSboigHMrMjBCUTl3ZkMyX0k

So I start the game, obviously  x64mode, and I can see the effects of scatterer, but I cannot see the effects of your mod. In addition here is a message that appears in game:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxVfSboigHMrZHM0bHNTTUxGOU0

I do not have an output_log because game is not crashing.

Thanks for all your support, I'll be happy also to donate to support this wonderful project

Regards

You don't need boulderco. You do need EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements though, which you don't have installed or you have it in the wrong place.

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.