[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

When I install SVE, it tells me to install EVE as well. So I did, and when I do, my auroras and clouds on Eve, Duna, Laythe, and Kerbin are static and don't move around in time warp or change shape.

Edited by tallon43
The So? sounded rude and I didnt mean to be Sorry

1 hour ago, tallon43 said:

I don't use CKAN tho

I manually installed SVE and SVE High Textures in the SVE folder, along with Scatterer and EVE in their respective folders.

Can you post a picture of your gamedata?

2 hours ago, tallon43 said:

I don't use CKAN tho

I manually installed SVE and SVE High Textures in the SVE folder, along with Scatterer and EVE in their respective folders.

I just tested everything and it works fine. Don't know what your issue could be.

This is easily the most visually impressive but taxing mod for me. I'm getting about 40% performance hit in atmosphere and low orbit using the medium textures. I have a decent system running an R9 390. Is this typical?

Thing is I'm not actually bothered about in-atmosphere effects all that much, I just like looking at the pretty planets from space. Reducing the cloud distance doesn't seem to have much effect.

Any tips? Can I just remove the in-atmosphere stuff?

@Smerky To get the full effects from space, you will have to keep everything. You can disable Scatterers ocean shader in the main menu. (Requires restart after disabling)

the ocean shader is pretty taxing.

Edited by Galileo

18 hours ago, Galileo said:

I just tested everything and it works fine. Don't know what your issue could be.

Huh that's funny, It worked on an earlier install this week, I just had to wipe everything because I was trying KSS. All the files aforementioned were newly downloaded though.

On 5/20/2017 at 4:29 PM, Galileo said:

@Smerky To get the full effects from space, you will have to keep everything. You can disable Scatterers ocean shader in the main menu. (Requires restart after disabling)

the ocean shader is pretty taxing.

Thank you for the reply. I've just gone back to default EVE configs for now. Is it possible to get the nice aurora effects from your mod working with the basic configuration?

UPDATE

Works fine in 1.3

changelog

• Removed redundant Kerbin cloud nodes (How did nobody catch this?)
  • Added subtle UV noise to Kerbin, Laythe and Jool (Jool looks pretty neat)
  • Separated SVE_settings into individual cfgs to prevent cfgs from getting erased if a user makes a change.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

...snip...

• Removed redundant Kerbin cloud nodes (How did nobody catch this?)

...snip...

I did a few pages back! :)  Can I have some ice cream? :cool: 

I noticed you had 2 'Kerbin-MainClouds' in your previous release but it looked great in game so I figured it may have been intentional (they did have some different values for the layers btw).  My thought is you renamed the 'cirrus' ones to 'main' by mistake somehow (see bold)...

On 5/5/2017 at 8:39 AM, Red Stapler said:

...snip….

So I read somewhere back on this thread (or possibly the EVE thread) that lowering the second ‘area’ value in the ‘layerVolume’ section can also help increase framerate.  Currently the two Kerbin-MainClouds sections in the config file have the following default values:

size = 3000,3

area = 18000,4

-------

size = 5000,2

area = 15000,3

...snip....

Regardless, your mod still kicks butt!

Edited by Red Stapler

Just now, Red Stapler said:

I did a few pages back! :)  Can I have some ice cream? :cool: 

I noticed you had 2 'Kerbin-MainClouds' in your previous release but it looked great in game so I figured it may have been intentional (they did have some different values for the layers btw).  My thought is you renamed the 'cirrus' ones to 'main' by mistake somehow...

Even with the mini mistake, your mod still kicks cheeks!

Ah! I must have read through that too quickly (I was at Disney World on that date after all). I have no idea how I did that. While I was testing it last night on 1.3 I noticed they looked odd. I'm surprised I didn't get more complaints about performance! Laythe also had 2 main clouds. I must have been tired during the last update.

Works on 1.2.2 for me. Too many mods to update to 1.3 at the moment. Don'nt need localization, so not feeling rushed.

Wanted to quickly ask: Does the cloud bugfix mean better performance? Seems my computer has good and bad days, don't mind if the fps go up a bit.

Awesome mod! Sometimes I still like to cancel warp during sunrises/sunsets :wink:

Cheers

5 hours ago, Galileo said:

Ah! I must have read through that too quickly (I was at Disney World on that date after all). I have no idea how I did that. While I was testing it last night on 1.3 I noticed they looked odd. I'm surprised I didn't get more complaints about performance! Laythe also had 2 main clouds. I must have been tired during the last update.

Yup I noticed the double main clouds too but since they had slightly diff values I thought you were being creative somehow to achieve a desired look :P Hence never reporting it. I pledge to be more critical! :wink:

Edited by Drew Kerman

4 hours ago, Grtschnk said:

Works on 1.2.2 for me. Too many mods to update to 1.3 at the moment. Don'nt need localization, so not feeling rushed.

Wanted to quickly ask: Does the cloud bugfix mean better performance? Seems my computer has good and bad days, don't mind if the fps go up a bit.

Awesome mod! Sometimes I still like to cancel warp during sunrises/sunsets :wink:

Cheers

Theoretically it should. I had 2 main cloud layers on kerbin. Both had full blown volumetric clouds. I removed one, so it should help a little

I simply figured that *I* had screwed something up, so I deleted one of the layers, and performance did get better.  Its like the veneitan blinds effect I was getting on the ground in KSC view.  I never did figure out what was causing them, but me chimping around with turning off "terrain shadows" seemed to fix it.

Edited by Murdabenne

8 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I was just looking at a new install in 1.3 and saw that there were no cirrus clouds? Is that the layer you deleted?

No i just removed them 2 updates or go. They will be added back when scatterer updates. I know it doesnt seem relevant, but it is lol

20 hours ago, Galileo said:

Removed redundant Kerbin cloud nodes (How did nobody catch this?)

For some weird reason, this caused KSCSwitcher to not work properly (no more ground flattening around non-stock launch sites).

KSCSwitcher works with SVE-1.2.2 cloud config, does not with SVE-1.2.3. Does not matter whether I use original SVE-1.2.3 or copy EVE_CLOUDS part into SVE-1.2.2 config.

Will give more details later, after more investigation.

1 minute ago, Pand5461 said:

For some weird reason, this caused KSCSwitcher to not work properly (no more ground flattening around non-stock Will give more details later, after more investigation.

please do because this makes no sense. SVE doesnt touch anything regarding KSCSwitcher

49 minutes ago, Galileo said:

SVE doesnt touch anything regarding KSCSwitcher

I, too, was quite surprised to figure out the problem wasn't in Kopernicus or somewhere else, but in the cloud part of SVE.

In the end, no idea what happens. Just flattening works with two MainClouds nodes and doesn't work with either one of them.

Everything also worked with either config when I forgot to copy Textures into the SVE folder.

Moving KSC to another place works, just ground there isn't becoming flat, so maybe be some interaction with PQSMod_MapDecalTangent...

For now, I made a MM patch which adds that missing cloud layer back.

Should I provide the logs or let it be a weird problem for weird people who are not satisfied with stock KSC?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.