[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

5 minutes ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

I'm in 1.2.2 and everything looks great, except for (see attached)

Any help?

Post logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder 

also post a pic of the inside of of the StockVisualEnhancement folder. My guess is you didn't install the textures

Edited by Galileo

On 7/7/2016 at 7:50 AM, Galileo said:

Known Issues:

• Scatterer also has a few small bugs that im sure will be ironed out in the future. The KSC will sometimes be underwater, and this is totally normal. A scene change will fix it. (click the tracking station and exit it)
  • Scatterer does not show in the main menu.
  • Clouds do not show in the main menu with Kopernicus installed.
29 minutes ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

The RealPlume folder is in there too, just an old photo that I used for the Censorship.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c94d5mmcnrwq7im/KSP.log

I just realized that you were trying to tell me that you didnt have clouds in the main menu. please see above.

Always read the OP beforehand. It may have the answers you are looking for, and i wont have to rummage through your logs

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I just realized that you were trying to tell me that you didnt have clouds in the main menu. please see above.

Always read the OP beforehand. It may have the answers you are looking for, and i wont have to rummage through your logs

Not just in the main menu, but in game, too. Same with the Aurora, and night lights.

16 minutes ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

Doesn't work, still nothing. Update MM or Kopernicus or what?

No do not update MM or kopernicus if you are on 1.2.2. You should be using the appropriate versions for 1.2.2.

Remove EVERY mod. You should only have the Squad folder at this point.

Reinstall SVE

your GameData should look like this: (make sure you have the most recent MM for 1.2.2)
r5GaXJS.png

And the StockVisualEnhancements folder should look like this:
fRFAOes.png

If that doesn't work for you then i don't know what to tell you.

21 minutes ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

Reinstalled SVT Instead. Will reinstall SVE.

Didn't work. Do I need new configs?

What? No. Just follow my instructions above. 

Edited by Galileo

Hey All,

I am trying to put together a modded installation for a new campaign. I am trying to set up the visual mods and testing mods to see if they work in v1.3.

So, I captured the following screenshots in the Tracking Station with and without Scatterer.

It seems to me that Jool look much better without Scatterer. So, I was wondering if I there was some configuration required. Or if this is the expected result.

[The forums embedded my album, the order of the pictures is: Jool with and without Scatterer, followed by Laythe with and without the same.]

The only installed mods for this screenshot are: SVE, EVE, Scatterer, SVT, CTTP, Kopernicus, ModuleFlightIntegrator, OPM, Pood's OPM-VO, Sigma Binary, and Module Manager. All mods are up to date versions collected today.

Looking forward to your advise.

I'm still on 1.2.2, and playing your planet pack. I have a problem with auroras and clouds just being static, and the auroras having some glow effect over it. It looks as if the clouds and auroras don't fade currently (if I understand the effects correctly). How do I fix this if you happen to know?

Also another "problem" if I try to use the integrated clouds, I get this weird mess:

LGf7fJV.png

Edited by Sokar408

15 minutes ago, Sokar408 said:

I'm still on 1.2.2, and playing your planet pack. I have a problem with auroras and clouds just being static, and the auroras having some glow effect over it. It looks as if the clouds and auroras don't fade currently (if I understand the effects correctly). How do I fix this if you happen to know?

Also another "problem" if I try to use the integrated clouds, I get this weird mess:

LGf7fJV.png

Follow the instructions above. Do not use CKAN.

1 minute ago, Sokar408 said:

I did exactly as instructed in Galileo Plant Pack thread (also I was about to add a gif of the auroras)

You can't use SVE with GPP so what are you talking about? If you are trying to install SVE with GPP, you didn't follow the instructions exactly

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

You can't use SVE with GPP so what are you talking about?

Oh my bad! I thought SVE was just a continuation of EVE, and thought this was the place to go. My bad

Say given that I am on Galileo Planet Pack, and using EVE, is the above normal behavior?

Oh my bad! I thought SVE was just a continuation of EVE, and thought this was the place to go. My bad

Say given that I am on Galileo Planet Pack, and using EVE, is the above normal behavior?

You will have to show me what you mean. The clouds certainly are not static. The last person that said that was talking about the UVnoise. 

You will have to show me what you mean. The clouds certainly are not static. The last person that said that was talking about the UVnoise. 

Making the gif on giphy is taking forever, so here is a short recording on YouTube.

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Your known-issues is out-of-date: with the current EVE, clouds should always appear in the main menu. Even with Kopernicus, they will sometimes be doubled (visible as a shimmer), but never missing.

@Waz it may work with kopernicus on the main menu with kopernicus, but in cases like GPP where kerbin is replaced by another body with a different name, the clouds don't show up

Edited by Galileo

That video looks right. Clouds don't rotate around the body at super speeds in real life either. The clouds aren't static, just slower than you would like.  A long time ago, when I was developing my visual mods, a lot of math went into setting the cloud speeds to keep it realistic. 

And btw. I have the Scatterer and eve setting set that way for specific reason, turning things in and making changes breaks a lot of things, particularly the eve integration. If it's not on by default, that's the way it needs to be set. If you made any changes, I recommend reinstalling GPP. 

Roger that. Cheers and thanks for your magnificent work!

Roger that. Cheers and thanks for your magnificent work!

It's easy to change though. Just go into the GPP_Clouds cfg and find the Kerbin main clouds, and make the speed value larger. 

Hi, I'm really enjoying this mod.  It is beautiful at times.  But I am having strange behavior when near celestial bodies- segments of the texture for the terrain will begin flying off in to space at high speeds!  I think it may be related to the bug causing the space center to be underwater, but is happening to texture frames all over the place, both at Minmus and Mun in addition to the space center.  It is quite a surprise to see a segment of a planet fly right in to your face at very high speed.  Here is an attached screenshot of this happening when I tried to land on the north pole of the moon, hard to navigate!

What you see behind me is a part of the terrain that begins "sliding up".  While orbiting a planet you can see this too, with puzzle pieces of the terrain behind slid around and eventually flying off in to space.  On the main planet, in the piece of terrains place a block of ocean will appear, causing the space center to become underwater in specific circumstances.  But the same thing is happening elsewhere. 

The flying terrain itself is harmless if it hits you.  But the underlying terrain on the planet may or may not be there- if it is not I get reset a few hundred metres above where it should be, and if it is the correct terrain will appear when very close. 

I can't seem to post the image but here is a link to the screenshot.  I can replicate this or provide any more information you need! 

https://postimg.org/image/ac5j03lal/

I don't have any other graphical mods except for possibly Kopernicus, but I do not have any planet packs or stars installed in Kopernicus. 

4 minutes ago, hesterj said:

Hi, I'm really enjoying this mod.  It is beautiful at times.  But I am having strange behavior when near celestial bodies- segments of the texture for the terrain will begin flying off in to space at high speeds!  I think it may be related to the bug causing the space center to be underwater, but is happening to texture frames all over the place, both at Minmus and Mun in addition to the space center.  It is quite a surprise to see a segment of a planet fly right in to your face at very high speed.  Here is an attached screenshot of this happening when I tried to land on the north pole of the moon, hard to navigate!

What you see behind me is a part of the terrain that begins "sliding up".  While orbiting a planet you can see this too, with puzzle pieces of the terrain behind slid around and eventually flying off in to space.  On the main planet, in the piece of terrains place a block of ocean will appear, causing the space center to become underwater in specific circumstances.  But the same thing is happening elsewhere. 

The flying terrain itself is harmless if it hits you.  But the underlying terrain on the planet may or may not be there- if it is not I get reset a few hundred metres above where it should be, and if it is the correct terrain will appear when very close. 

I can't seem to post the image but here is a link to the screenshot.  I can replicate this or provide any more information you need! 

https://postimg.org/image/ac5j03lal/

I don't have any other graphical mods except for possibly Kopernicus, but I do not have any planet packs or stars installed in Kopernicus. 

This is happening because scatterer isn't updated to 1.3 and it's causes some issues. The scatterer dev knows about the issue and will fix it in the next update. Until then enjoy Pandora and the floating islands!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.