[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Low resolution no longer includes cirrus clouds?

On 5/27/2017 at 3:27 AM, Galileo said:

No i just removed them 2 updates or go. They will be added back when scatterer updates. I know it doesnt seem relevant, but it is lol

9 minutes ago, seeingeyegod said:

Anyone else having this issue following the 1.3 instructions a couple of pages back?

http://imgur.com/LMRWkJi

http://i.imgur.com/LMRWkJi.jpg

Also my EVE control panel in game says I have no configs?

If you read back that far, you would see I posted easy to follow instructions that worked for that issue. It's not a problem with SVE, it's a problem with users bad installation.

Just now, Galileo said:

If you read back that far, you would see I posted easy to follow instructions that worked for that issue. It's not a problem with SVE, it's a problem with users bad installation.

You posted instructions on how to fix the missing squares of land bug? I just read to here and didn't see the same bug showing up, but a different one with different effects. Is the issue with scatterer?

Edited by seeingeyegod

2 minutes ago, seeingeyegod said:

I just said I followed the instructions

Then I don't know. Reinstall and make sure you folders look like the images I posted.  Obviously make sure you have the 1.3 versions of each mod. You could also post your output log. The instructions posted in the images you quoted were for 1.2.2

Edited by Galileo

42 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Then I don't know. Reinstall and make sure you folders look like the images I posted.  Obviously make sure you have the 1.3 versions of each mod. You could also post your output log. The instructions posted in the images you quoted were for 1.2.2

Sorry, I edited my post after you replied. The images I posted did not show any instructions, so I'm confused by your reply. They just showed missing squares of land that float in the sky. I'll try reinstalling everything again I guess. Where is the out. Holy crap the output.log is 50mb. Don't know if it is a good idea to post it. Should I delete it and let a new one be created?

Oh now I see the instructions you're talking about. That link is wrong actually. I followed the 1.3 instructions with 1.2.3

Thanks for your help

Edited by seeingeyegod

3 minutes ago, seeingeyegod said:

Sorry, I edited my post after you replied. The images I posted did not show any instructions, so I'm confused by your reply. They just showed missing squares of land that float in the sky. I'll try reinstalling everything again I guess. Where is the out. Holy crap the output.log is 50mb. Don't know if it is a good idea to post it. Should I delete it and let a new one be created?

Oh now I see the instructions you're talking about. That link is wrong actually. I followed the 1.3 instructions with 1.2.3

So your question was about the floating tiles? I just answered that last page too. I didn't see any image links in your comment when I read it the first time (I'm on mobile)

Do not go and report this to the scatterer dev as he already knows about the issue and will likely rip your head off if you do ;). Hope that helps!

Edited by Galileo

Okay so yeah, same exact issue, floating tiles. Also even when their aren't floating tiles, there are seems between the terrain tiles, and overall the terrain looks blurrier than I've ever seen it with these mods installed. So we are just stuck with this until Scatterer updates, is that it? Will the rest of SVE still work if I remove Scatterer? About to find out.

[edit okay it's not too awful without scatterer, I can deal with this better than floating stuff and crap textures]

Edited by seeingeyegod

Hi Galileo

Firstly, thankyou for SVE and SVT.  You make a huge difference (along with Blackrack) to peoples games and we salute you.  On to my issue.

I was running SVE, SVT and Scatterer just fine under KSP 1.2.2.  When 1.3 dropped, I waited until last night to start seeing which of the mods i use had been updated so far.  I noted you had updated SVE and given its complexity, wanted to get SVE set up in 1.3, cleanly and it its basic form.

I downloaded: 

SVE 1.2.3 (for 1.3)

SVE High Res Textures (for any version)

EVE 1.2.2.1 - not the configs (for 1.3)

Kopernicus 1.3.0-2 (for 1.3)

Module Manager 2.8.0 (for 1.3)

Scatterer 0.0300 (for 1.2.2)

My Gamedata folder looks like this:

And my SVE folder looks like this:

The issue i am having is that the "terminator" is not showing.  i just have a fading shadow.  Here is a screensnip of what I see in game:

Here is my scatterer settings if this helps in any way.

Are you able to help or spot if ive done something incorrect in the set up?

Many thanks

32 minutes ago, III-METHOD-III said:

Hi Galileo

Firstly, thankyou for SVE and SVT.  You make a huge difference (along with Blackrack) to peoples games and we salute you.  On to my issue.

I was running SVE, SVT and Scatterer just fine under KSP 1.2.2.  When 1.3 dropped, I waited until last night to start seeing which of the mods i use had been updated so far.  I noted you had updated SVE and given its complexity, wanted to get SVE set up in 1.3, cleanly and it its basic form.

I downloaded: 

SVE 1.2.3 (for 1.3)

SVE High Res Textures (for any version)

EVE 1.2.2.1 - not the configs (for 1.3)

Kopernicus 1.3.0-2 (for 1.3)

Module Manager 2.8.0 (for 1.3)

Scatterer 0.0300 (for 1.2.2)

My Gamedata folder looks like this:

And my SVE folder looks like this:

The issue i am having is that the "terminator" is not showing.  i just have a fading shadow.  Here is a screensnip of what I see in game:

Here is my scatterer settings if this helps in any way.

Are you able to help or spot if ive done something incorrect in the set up?

Many thanks

Did you turn off eve integration? Or was it off by default?

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Did you turn off eve integration? Or was it off by default?

When I was running under 1.2.2 i had Terrain Shadows switched off.  So that was the first thing i did when i tried to get SVE working under 1.3

I then noticed I had no terminator effects, and i started turning things on and off at random (sorry for the approach, but I was getting frustrated).  Whenever i turn ON eve clouds integration, when i restart the game its switched back off again, as if the config isnt saving.  The same happens with godrays.  i switch it on and it turns itself back off on a restart of the game.

Can you show me a screen snip of what settings I should have (for a stock SVE install).  

Thanks for your help

I can also confirm that switching on EVE clouds integration brings back the terminator effect (what does this switch do aside from bringing back the terminator?)

But i can also confirm that, despite the scatterer config showing integration set to "true" in the .cfg file, when i re-start the game, the checkbox is unchecked in the scatterer gui and i dont have terminators.  rechecking it in game brings them back again (despite it saying it may need a re-start next to the button).

There appears to be no "save" button on the scatterer gui.  

i also realise scatterer isnt your mod and i should probably be asking this over in their forum.

1 hour ago, III-METHOD-III said:

I can also confirm that switching on EVE clouds integration brings back the terminator effect (what does this switch do aside from bringing back the terminator?)

But i can also confirm that, despite the scatterer config showing integration set to "true" in the .cfg file, when i re-start the game, the checkbox is unchecked in the scatterer gui and i dont have terminators.  rechecking it in game brings them back again (despite it saying it may need a re-start next to the button).

There appears to be no "save" button on the scatterer gui.  

i also realise scatterer isnt your mod and i should probably be asking this over in their forum.

No the issue is caused by me. I will fix it tonight. 

Hello, I'm having a problem that's hard to track down. Basically, the sunflare in Scaledspace is huge, if I remove Kopernicus the problem goes away, if I remove scatterer the sun looks massive too.

I've added screenshots with just Kopernicus removed and Kopernicus with the other mods. This happens with just the following mods/folders in the GameData folder: StockVisualEnhancements, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, scatterer, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, ModuleManager.

KSP Version: 1.2.2

Kopernicus Version: "[BACKPORT] Kopernicus 1.2.2-7" as on github.

Latest SVE off CKAN using medium res textures, any sunflare (I've tried stock, SVE and astroniki).

Screenshots:

output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1abdwctvn0wyxio/output_log.txt?dl=1

If you could at the very least point me to the files that change the sun/sunflare I could fix it myself, thanks.

43 minutes ago, SleweD said:

Hello, I'm having a problem that's hard to track down. Basically, the sunflare in Scaledspace is huge, if I remove Kopernicus the problem goes away, if I remove scatterer the sun looks massive too.

I've added screenshots with just Kopernicus removed and Kopernicus with the other mods. This happens with just the following mods/folders in the GameData folder: StockVisualEnhancements, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, scatterer, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, ModuleManager.

KSP Version: 1.2.2

Kopernicus Version: "[BACKPORT] Kopernicus 1.2.2-7" as on github.

Latest SVE off CKAN using medium res textures, any sunflare (I've tried stock, SVE and astroniki).

Screenshots:

output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1abdwctvn0wyxio/output_log.txt?dl=1

If you could at the very least point me to the files that change the sun/sunflare I could fix it myself, thanks.

Seems to be working fine for me. Uninstall all of your mods and install manually, then see if you have the same issue.

While doing this testing i noticed i messed up a lot with this update. ALL the clouds look pretty awful in the tracking station, but ok in map and flight mode. I will have time to fix it this weekend hopefully. My plate is pretty full right now, so we will see. Just bare with me.

Edited by Galileo

No worries dude. Half the mods arent 1.3 ready so its no biggie. 

It was whilst trying to understand why i had no terminator anymore and went visiting the scatterer thread that i realised there may be an issue with clouds.

In some ofbthe scatterer screen shots the clouds look super volumetric...like fluffy full rounded clouds with light bouncing off them.  My 1.22 and 1.3 installs of sve dont look like this. I was going to post about it but got side tracked by the terminator thing.

It would be good to see some screens of how your SVE install looks Galileo so i know if there is an issue or not.  I suspect the pretty clouds i saw on the scatterer site were using the old EVE + scatterer without SVE.

I say this with almost each major update, but please dont confuse our appreciation and loyalty with impatience. For many of us, KSP is entirely unplayable without your additions to the game and the idea of a new version of SVE or sunflares is like having an extra Christmas.

Thank you for your time and your efforts to make MY video game better.

I'm at my wits end, I really need help. For a week now I've tried to find a solution for this issue.

Whether I'm at 1.2.2 (SVE high res on a stock game) with the installation guide Galileo posted a few pages back, or whether I am at 1.3.0 with either CKAN or a manualinstall as described on the first page, my sunflare / sun seems very grainy to me and very far from the briliance of other screenshots.

1.2.2:

Or 1.3.0:

If you view it in fullscreen, everything seems crisp, only the sun looks very low-pixel.

I'm playing at 2560 x 1440 and AA, light count and shadow cascades cranked up to maximum.

What causes this?

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

Hi Galileo, long time fan of the mod here. Thanks for your great work!

Been having some problems with the mod lately and hoped you might help. Basically it's like the mod has stopped working: no clouds, no city lights, no auroras. Tried a clean 1.2.2 install and I'm still having the same problems, hoped you could see something I'm doing wrong. 

Relevant files

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.