[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

27 minutes ago, LongbowEOD said:

Hi Galileo, long time fan of the mod here. Thanks for your great work!

Been having some problems with the mod lately and hoped you might help. Basically it's like the mod has stopped working: no clouds, no city lights, no auroras. Tried a clean 1.2.2 install and I'm still having the same problems, hoped you could see something I'm doing wrong. 

Relevant files

Thanks for the bundle of files. It made troubleshooting a breeze, however, I didn't see an error in the output log or your file structure so I don't really know what's happening. The only thing I saw was that scatterer wasn't seeing any cloud textures for kerbin.

Try removing all of the mods and running the game once without mods, then add SVE back and see what happens.

If that doesn't work I would re download SVE and its dependencies (EVE and the SVE Textures) and reinstall again. Double check that all of the textures are actually in the textures folder

Edited by Galileo

25 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Thanks for the bundle of files. It made troubleshooting a breeze, however, I didn't see an error in the output log or your file structure so I don't really know what's happening. The only thing I saw was that scatterer wasn't seeing any cloud textures for kerbin.

Try removing all of the mods and running the game once without mods, then add SVE back and see what happens.

If that doesn't work I would re download SVE and its dependencies (EVE and the SVE Textures) and reinstall again. Double check that all of the textures are actually in the textures folder

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! 

Turns out, I had forgotten to reinstall the SVE configs for Scatterer! Once I got those back in, everything worked like a charm. Thanks for your help, and keep up the great work!

FWIW: turning off the fancy water effects seems to fix the floating tiles glitch.  I saw floating tiles in my first few launches in my new 1.3 game, so I turned off the water shader and restarted the game, and I haven't seen any more floating tiles in several hours of playing.

(From prior experience in 1.2, I can add that it also fixes the problem with the KSC occasionally appearing underwater, or the ocean not appearing at all.  That water shader seems to cause a lot of weird problems.)

Good day Galileo!

I have a problem installing SVE with CKAN and it says that SVE is not compatible with the new version of KSP. so do i just have to wait until SVE gets updated or is it a problem with CKAN

I would be grateful if somebody replied and could perhaps help me with this because SVE is by far the best texture Mod!

Edited by NugatttSchnoiggess

5 hours ago, NugatttSchnoiggess said:

Good day Galileo!

I have a problem installing SVE with CKAN and it says that SVE is not compatible with the new version of KSP. so do i just have to wait until SVE gets updated or is it a problem with CKAN

I would be grateful if somebody replied and could perhaps help me with this because SVE is by far the best texture Mod!

I'd try installing manually. What version of KSP are you running too?

5 hours ago, NugatttSchnoiggess said:

Good day Galileo!

CKAN is likely has not updated SVE . Just install the latest version and install manually 

Edited by Galileo

On ‎03‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 7:31 AM, Wyzard said:

FWIW: turning off the fancy water effects seems to fix the floating tiles glitch.  I saw floating tiles in my first few launches in my new 1.3 game, so I turned off the water shader and restarted the game, and I haven't seen any more floating tiles in several hours of playing.

(From prior experience in 1.2, I can add that it also fixes the problem with the KSC occasionally appearing underwater, or the ocean not appearing at all.  That water shader seems to cause a lot of weird problems.)

@WyzardDo you mean the Ocean Shader in Scatterer Menu or some else?

Just now, releansol said:

@WyzardDo you mean the Ocean Shader in Scatterer Menu or some else?

Yes, in the Scatterer settings window that appears automatically when you start the game.  (And, as it mentions in that window, you may need to restart the game for the change to take effect.)

Just now, cy4n said:

With scatterer, KSP 1.2.2, but 1.3 looks the same.

Hmm :( For me on KSP 1.3, and with Scatterer, Jool looks like a green bowl of soup (exagerration) :( I wonder what I am doing wrong. I'll try another fresh install. Good thing I keep a clean copy :)

@canisin Galileo mentioned there was a bug with the latest version of SVE (v1.2.3). In order to fix it, follow these instructions:

1. In GameData, open the StockVisualEnhancements folder.
  2. Then open the SVE_Configs folder inside of StockVisualEnhancements.
  3. Now open Scatterer_Settings.cfg with a text editor.
  4. It should look like this:
@Scatterer_config:FOR[StockVisualEnhancements]
{
	%integrateWithEVEClouds = False
	%oceanSkyReflections = True
	%drawAtmoOnTopOfClouds = True
	%oceanCloudShadows = True
	%fullLensFlareReplacement = True
	%useGodrays = False
	%useEclipses = True
	%shadowsDistance = 50000
}

5. Now change the line: %integrateWithEVEClouds = False to %integrateWithEVEClouds = True

6. And the line %drawAtmoOnTopOfClouds = True to %drawAtmoOnTopOfClouds = False

7. Done!

Screenshot taken in KSP v1.3.0 with SVE v1.2.3 after following these instructions:

1ZtaSLM.png

Just now, cy4n said:

@canisin Galileo mentioned there was a bug with the latest version of SVE (v1.2.3). In order to fix it, follow these instructions:

1. In GameData, open the StockVisualEnhancements folder.
  2. Then open the SVE_Configs folder inside of StockVisualEnhancements.
  3. Now open Scatterer_Settings.cfg with a text editor.
  4. It should look like this:

@Scatterer_config:FOR[StockVisualEnhancements]
{
	%integrateWithEVEClouds = False
	%oceanSkyReflections = True
	%drawAtmoOnTopOfClouds = True
	%oceanCloudShadows = True
	%fullLensFlareReplacement = True
	%useGodrays = False
	%useEclipses = True
	%shadowsDistance = 50000
}

5. Now change the line: %integrateWithEVEClouds = False to %integrateWithEVEClouds = True

6. And the line %drawAtmoOnTopOfClouds = True to %drawAtmoOnTopOfClouds = False

7. Done!

Screenshot taken in KSP v1.3.0 with SVE v1.2.3 after following these instructions:

1ZtaSLM.png

Hurray!! Thanks a lot for this!! Can't wait to get home and try it!

You wouldn't happen to know a fix for the "floating tiles" bug, too, would you?

31 minutes ago, canisin said:

Hurray!! Thanks a lot for this!! Can't wait to get home and try it!

You wouldn't happen to know a fix for the "floating tiles" bug, too, would you?

Wait for scatterer to be updated. In the meantime you can disable the ocean shaders in the scatterer config menu and the tiles should stop.

10 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Wait for scatterer to be updated. In the meantime you can disable the ocean shaders in the scatterer config menu and the tiles should stop.

Oh, ok thanks. I will try both your and @cy4n's suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Question:  Is it possible to run SVE on KSP 1.3 with parameter modifications/Tweeks ...or...should I just be patient and wait for an update?

Given the following;

1. I'm currently playing KSP 1.3 with EVE(Latest version-no problems) and it runs fine.
  2. Since the Kopernicus update blew out all the Planet mods I'm waiting for GPP to get updated(GPP is my Favorite-Looks gorgeous).
  3. I read many of the scatterer posts and it seems it can run on KSP 1.3 but with some tweeking.
  4. As per SVE install instructions;

I got so visually spoiled playing GPP with Scatterer, EVE, and SVE for GPP 1.2.3 that I thought it couldn't hurt to ask if it's possible to enhance KSP 1.3 with better eye candy then just standard EVE; at least until GPP is updated but expect that will take  a while.

SVE Works fine with 1.3. Even the title of the thread suggests that :wink:

there are some things i messed up on but will put out an update when i get time

Edited by Galileo

23 minutes ago, Galileo said:

SVE Works fine with 1.3. Even the title of the thread suggests that :wink:

there are some things i messed up on but will put out an update when i get time

Ok great that's good news :)

However, I did load EVE via CKAN, so I need to know what and how to fix/use the proper config files...where are they...what do I need to do etc...

3 minutes ago, Tuko said:

Ok great that's good news :)

However, I did load EVE via CKAN, so I need to know what and how to fix/use the proper config files...where are they...what do I need to do etc...

In the OP. There are install instructions there. Don't use the experimental scatterer. 

50 minutes ago, Galileo said:

In the OP. There are install instructions there. Don't use the experimental scatterer. 

Ok, I loaded everything and seems to be ok but need some more time to evaluate.

The horizon from KSC seems a bit out of whack but might be something in the settings.

I'll let you know if I find anything amiss.

Thanks for your help Galileo :)

1 minute ago, Tuko said:

Ok, I loaded everything and seems to be ok but need some more time to evaluate.

The horizon from KSC seems a bit out of whack but might be something in the settings.

I'll let you know if I find anything amiss.

Thanks for your help Galileo :)

The horizon issue is caused by scatterer. Just go into a building and exit. Should help it.

also be sure to disable the scatterer ocean shaders in the main menu. They cause floating terrain tiles. When scatterer updates to 1.3 this will be fixed

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The horizon issue is caused by scatterer. Just go into a building and exit. Should help it.

also be sure to disable the scatterer ocean shaders in the main menu. They cause floating terrain tiles. When scatterer updates to 1.3 this will be fixed

Everything looks good so far.  the Horizon effect cleared itself up as per your advice.

Is it ok to add the SVT mod to KSP 1.3 as well?

Also, what about adding your sun flares, the one that's there now is way too bright, makes me feel like I just got bit by a giant Scorpion, lol, (Inside joke folks).?

12 minutes ago, Tuko said:

Everything looks good so far.  the Horizon effect cleared itself up as per your advice.

Is it ok to add the SVT mod to KSP 1.3 as well?

Also, what about adding your sun flares, the one that's there now is way too bright, makes me feel like I just got bit by a giant Scorpion, lol, (Inside joke folks).?

SVT will work fine. I just haven't updated the version file yet.

@Drew Kerman did a good job of providing an MM cfg and explanation of how to use it. It's the easiest way

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.