[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

22 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Which version is for 1.2.2?

Which version is for 1.2.2?

I know, poor versioning on my end, but technically all versions work for 1.2.2. SVE v1.2.2 was the last version I made on KSP 1.2.2 though if you want to get nit picky :) 

Ok, final update on my issue. I reinstalled the files, in what I assume is the right order, as all the planets seemed to have a sexy new atmosphere, with one exception. Jool is just a dark green colored sphere. Another user by the name of Quasar seems to have the same issue (minus the Kopernicus Ring). I would appreciate any assistance I could get, and thank you @Galileo for this quite pretty mod.

Side note: I'm not sure if its an issue, but clouds don't seem to be moving on Eve, or Kerbin.

Output Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8abHY6n7ofIN1VRbHNmSGhZdVk

@Ragingdonut

please read back a few pages and you will find this had been brought up quite a few times and someone has also posted instructions on how to fix. I have been very busy in real life and haven't had time to do anything in regards to fixing the issue. It's not a scatterer issue, it was me not double checking my work before I uploaded.

actually here is the comment with how to fix it.

Hey @Galileo

I'm messing around with your code to insert my own textures and I'm only getting issues with Jool. 

I'm using your settings and textures for every planet except for Jool and Laythe. 

I've successfully replaced your LaytheClouds texture with your duna1 texture and scaled it to fit the Joolian moon.

The textures I'm trying to add in are from an older visual pack, and so are their .cfg files. So I tried converting the old information in the older .cfg files for these textures to the format in your current .cfg files and it's not working. 

OBJECT
	{
		name = Jool-Layers1
		body = Jool
		speed = 0,-200,0
		altitude = 70000
		offset = 0,0,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 4
			_Color = 255,255,255,455
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0,0
			_UVNoiseScale = 0
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0
			_MainTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/joolLayers1
				type = AlphaMap	
				alphaMask = ALPHAMAP_R
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/detail1
			}
			_UVNoiseTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/uvnoise1
			}
		}
		Layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}

Thats the only current section of code I have inserted into your SVE_Clouds File. Do you see anything corrupting in that section of code that would cause the textures not to show up?

I must say that the nature of the textures I'm working with may be the culprit. Being that they were implemented in an older, different pack than yours. Their settings in the code may have to be specific for them to work.

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Hey @Galileo

I'm messing around with your code to insert my own textures and I'm only getting issues with Jool. 

I'm using your settings and textures for every planet except for Jool and Laythe. 

I've successfully replaced your LaytheClouds texture with your duna1 texture and scaled it to fit the Joolian moon.

The textures I'm trying to add in are from an older visual pack, and so are their .cfg files. So I tried converting the old information in the older .cfg files for these textures to the format in your current .cfg files and it's not working. 

OBJECT
	{
		name = Jool-Layers1
		body = Jool
		speed = 0,-200,0
		altitude = 70000
		offset = 0,0,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 4
			_Color = 255,255,255,455
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0,0
			_UVNoiseScale = 0
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0
			_MainTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/joolLayers1
				type = AlphaMap	
				alphaMask = ALPHAMAP_R
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/detail1
			}
			_UVNoiseTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/uvnoise1
			}
		}
		Layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}

Thats the only current section of code I have inserted into your SVE_Clouds File. Do you see anything corrupting in that section of code that would cause the textures not to show up?

I must say that the nature of the textures I'm working with may be the culprit. Being that they were implemented in an older, different pack than yours. Their settings in the code may have to be specific for them to work.

You may have to change type and alpha mask. The type should be RGBA if you are using an older version. In the EVE GUI, just change the type to that and it should work. I'm not home or I would help more than that. 

7 minutes ago, AstroPawian said:

1.3 game crash 

Cool beans.

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You may have to change type and alpha mask. The type should be RGBA if you are using an older version. In the EVE GUI, just change the type to that and it should work. I'm not home or I would help more than that. 

@Galileo Thanks for the suggestion! One more question though, Will changing the Type in the EVE GUI to RGBA render all of your textures inert?

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

Just now, HereComesTheBoom said:

Thanks for the suggestion! One more question though, Will changing the Type in the EVE GUI to RGBA render all of your textures inert?

No, it's a per planet basis. Each planet can have a different type if you wanted.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

No, it's a per planet basis. Each planet can have a different type if you wanted.

Awesome! I just noticed. When you said EVE GUI I thought you meant something outside of the actual game.

Hey man, any idea when you will update this mod on ckan? I mean, I can download it from here, but so many files that go everywhere is just a mess. In my younger years I would play around but right now I can't stand this stuff anymore.

2 minutes ago, mystik said:

Hey man, any idea when you will update this mod on ckan? I mean, I can download it from here, but so many files that go everywhere is just a mess. In my younger years I would play around but right now I can't stand this stuff anymore.

I don't mess with the CKAN stuff. You will have to bring it up with the CKAN guys.

Edited by Galileo

19 hours ago, mystik said:

Dude

Make the break from CKAN.  its a crutch that ultimately hurts your understanding of how the mods work and which bits are required.

this mod is actually pretty straight forward to install.  just read the instructions on page 1.

i dont use CKAN and never will, as i like to:

a) be in control of my own gamedata folder

b) be able to make my game work when CKAN doesnt think something is up to date.

1 hour ago, III-METHOD-III said:

Dude

Make the break from CKAN.  its a crutch that ultimately hurts your understanding of how the mods work and which bits are required.

this mod is actually pretty straight forward to install.  just read the instructions on page 1.

i dont use CKAN and never will, as i like to:

a) be in control of my own gamedata folder

b) be able to make my game work when CKAN doesnt think something is up to date.

I hear you. I did it last night and got it working. But I had to google a bit for where the package mod goes and stuff. I guess I've just gotten too old for patience. I used to love thinkering in my 20's, but now I hate even having to reinstall windows once every few years even if it's much easier than back in the Windows 98 era, so can you blame me for wanting the easy way?

2 hours ago, mystik said:

I hear you. I did it last night and got it working. But I had to google a bit for where the package mod goes and stuff. I guess I've just gotten too old for patience. I used to love thinkering in my 20's, but now I hate even having to reinstall windows once every few years even if it's much easier than back in the Windows 98 era, so can you blame me for wanting the easy way?

Glad you got it sorted.  Easy isnt always the best way.  Depends on the goal....convenience or learning.  Once you have learned, then you wont get stuff in a mess, especially when KSP updates to a new version and everything is broken in CKAN but actually with some understanding you can pretty much fix your game, bar the updates that really do need to be recompiled to work.

20 minutes ago, ondert said:

So cool! How did you manage to get these visuals?

Well, It's complicated. I went into the SVE Textures file and replaced the LaytheClouds texture with one from another pack and just named it the same. And for Jool I deleted the two textures used for Jool in the SVE Textures file and copy pasted a bunch of other textures from a different pack and used the EVE GUI in game to create all of those textures' config points. Specifically I used the old config settings from the other pack and just replicated them in the EVE GUI. And scatterer, I just tinkered with the config tool myself until I got what I liked. Trust me, there's a lot more to what I did. I just don't want to write a novel explaining every detail.

Ok, hopefully the final issue I have here: (I'll get a screenshot a little later) Eve, instead of being the beautiful purple swirl that it's supposed to be, is rather pale. My guess is a config file thing, like the Jool issue, but what do I know eh? Thank you, and I truly hope this is the last request for support I have to make.

Edited by Ragingdonut

1 hour ago, Ragingdonut said:

Ok, hopefully the final issue I have here: (I'll get a screenshot a little later) Eve, instead of being the beautiful purple swirl that it's supposed to be, is rather pale. My guess is a config file thing, like the Jool issue, but what do I know eh? Thank you, and I truly hope this is the last request for support I have to make.

That is by design. When I took over SVE a year ago, I made it look more realistic as opposed to a big flying purple kerbal eater.

On the topic of improper installs, here's a guide to install the mod properly (correct me if I'm wrong Galileo):

STEP 1: Download all the mod bits stated at the first page, and unzip them onto your desktop.

STEP 2: Put the textures and Module Manager folder into Stock Visual Enhancements. It should look like this:

STEP 3: Put StockVisualEnhancements, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, and scatterer into GameData.

Hope I helped avoid further problems due to an improper install, and that I did it right myself. Good day. 

Edited by Ragingdonut

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.