[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Installed SVE and it works and does what it says on the tin (nice) - and it adds a ton of load on my machine for some reason. I was just trying to land on Eve but had to abort because my gtx560 video card overheated and booted the computer... Weird if you ask me.

There is a wrong file in the texture packs.

duststorm.dds

Same file size in SVE_HighResTextures and SVE_LowResTextures (2048 x 1024 32bpp, 12 MipMap levels)

Bigger file size in SVE_MedResTextures (4096 x 2058, 32bpp, 13 MipMap levels)

2 hours ago, kurja said:

Installed SVE and it works and does what it says on the tin (nice) - and it adds a ton of load on my machine for some reason. I was just trying to land on Eve but had to abort because my gtx560 video card overheated and booted the computer... Weird if you ask me.

Not too surprised to be honest. A gtx 560 will struggle with SVE. 

21 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

There is a wrong file in the texture packs.

duststorm.dds

Same file size in SVE_HighResTextures and SVE_LowResTextures (2048 x 1024 32bpp, 12 MipMap levels)

Bigger file size in SVE_MedResTextures (4096 x 2058, 32bpp, 13 MipMap levels)

Ok. I'll change it when I get around to it. It doesn't make a difference really. 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Not too surprised to be honest. A gtx 560 will struggle with SVE. 

Surprised about the overheating, I've used it for computation and more recent games than KSP, fps may be low but I've never before seen it get so hot.

Seriously, what's wrong with that darn Unity engine?

I don't see that neato graphics that can be seen in other games, just a little haze and a few clouds.

And that is too much for a moderate graphics adapter?

It's like each pixel is calculated 16x because Unity likes it... and please each water drop inside a cloud should cast a shadow to the other water drops. :D

Quick question:

Are the city lights supposed to be this.... blotchy? If so, can I remove the detaildark and detaillight .dds files, or is there more to removing the city lights?

25e5d410ed.png

And is the sun supposed to look like this? Seems like it's missing a lens flare.

5867234bf3.png

1 hour ago, blorgon said:

Quick question:

Are the city lights supposed to be this.... blotchy? If so, can I remove the detaildark and detaillight .dds files, or is there more to removing the city lights?

25e5d410ed.png

And is the sun supposed to look like this? Seems like it's missing a lens flare.

5867234bf3.png

Both of those look as they are supposed to. Although, the yellow corona should be gone on the sun. Do you have kopernicus installed? It may as well be required for SVE as it allows me to fix a lot of the aesthetic issues that stock ksp has.

To delete the city lights, you need to remove the city lights dll from the EVE folder.

Edited by Galileo

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Both of those look as they are supposed to. 

To delete the city lights, you need to remove the city lights dll from the EVE folder.

Okay thanks.

EDIT: fixed the other thing.

Edited by blorgon

Just now, blorgon said:

Okay thanks. I tried replacing the sun flare with one of your flares from GSF, but nothing seems to have changed. Checked the .cfg and everything looked right... Any ideas? Should I post in that thread?

No. In the SVE folder, you will find an SVE_scatterer folder. Inside there is a sunflare folder. Replace the textures there. Replacing anything in the default scatterer folder won't change anything with SVE. 

Just now, Galileo said:

No. In the SVE folder, you will find an SVE_scatterer folder. Inside there is a sunflare folder. Replace the textures there. Replacing anything in the default scatterer folder won't change anything with SVE. 

Yep already got it. Thanks!

Edited by blorgon

@Galileo First of all thank you for all the awesome and beautiful mods that you create! :)

I just have a quick question, would it be possible to disable or take out any changes made to the sun/Kerbol in SVE? Basically keep everything in SVE except for anything related to the sun.  I tried deleting the sun.dds, sun_corona.dds, and sun_corona2.dds along with all the sunflares folder, but it didn't work. Thank you for your help.

Hello @Galileo, what setting would you suggest for drawAtmoOnTopOfClouds with SVE 1.2.4.1 and scatterer 0.0320b?

I see that you have kept the setting as true from the previous version, but there had been a post in this thread that advised otherwise.

I mean this post:

which you had also endorsed here:

The prerelease 12.5b does not have this setting modified, leaving it with the default value of false. But you also have "Fixed scatterer atmosphere issues." in your change log :)

That's all I got for my detective work :P

Edited by canisin

in-game "EVE 1.2.2.1 config editor" window in atmosphere, texture and terrain tabs shows "no config", should I also install "eve - stock planet config" files"? (installed via CKAN: stock visual enchancements + stock visual terrain)

Edited by gendalf

3 hours ago, gendalf said:

in-game "EVE 1.2.2.1 config editor" window in atmosphere, texture and terrain tabs shows "no config", should I also install "eve - stock planet config" files"? (installed via CKAN: stock visual enchancements + stock visual terrain)

SVE doesn't feature any configurations for texture, terrain, and atmosphere AFAIK. CKAN should deny you from installing more than one visual pack's configs, but nonetheless only install SVE + an SVE res textures of your choice.

3 hours ago, gendalf said:

EVE does not support those  feature anymore. Those tabs are just in there by default.

14 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

SVE doesn't feature any configurations for texture, terrain, and atmosphere AFAIK. CKAN should deny you from installing more than one visual pack's configs, but nonetheless only install SVE + an SVE res textures of your choice.

SVE and SVT are two different mods made by me. One is for clouds, one is for terrain. They are developed at the same time And compliment each other.

Edited by Galileo

@Galileo Where should I be especially careful while grabbing configs from other mod(packs) for clouds? Can I delete all paragraphs from a mod's config for a certain planet and keep configs in a different mod folder for it to use the textures that come with it there? Can I in general use different mod packs at once that take care of different planets? (e.g. I miss the dense foggy haze on the surface of Minmus (that I have yet to find again))

You can delete nodes if a planet has duplicates cfgs. Or if a planet pack adds new planets and has their own cfgs shouldn't conflict, like SVE and OPM. Rule of thumb, planets can't have duplicates. 

Edited by Galileo

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You can delete nodes if a planet has duplicates cfgs. Or if a planet pack adds new planets and has their own cfgs shouldn't conflict, like SVE and OPM. Rule of thumb, planets can't have duplicates. 

What do you mean by duplicate? I see that SVE defines names for OBJECT in EVE_CLOUDS , while e.g. Astronomer's does not use name = for CLOUD_LAYER in CLOUD_LAYER_PACK -- what would be a duplicate?

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Kerbin-Auroras
		body = Kerbin
		altitude = 8000
		speed = 0,100,0
		detailSpeed = 0,1000,0
CLOUDS_SETTINGS
{
	GUI_KEYCODE = N
}
CLOUD_LAYER_PACK
{
	CLOUD_LAYER
	{
		SAVED
		{
			body = Kerbin
			altitude = 21500
			volume = False

1 hour ago, KerbMav said:

What do you mean by duplicate? I see that SVE defines names for OBJECT in EVE_CLOUDS , while e.g. Astronomer's does not use name = for CLOUD_LAYER in CLOUD_LAYER_PACK -- what would be a duplicate?

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Kerbin-Auroras
		body = Kerbin
		altitude = 8000
		speed = 0,100,0
		detailSpeed = 0,1000,0

CLOUDS_SETTINGS
{
	GUI_KEYCODE = N
}
CLOUD_LAYER_PACK
{
	CLOUD_LAYER
	{
		SAVED
		{
			body = Kerbin
			altitude = 21500
			volume = False

That is an old config for the old EVE. KVE/old EVE is garbage and I wouldn't suggest running it next to the updated version of EVE, if im being frank. 

A duplicate is exactly what you just posted. 2 cfgs for the same body. Each cfg defines the body as Kerbin. It would work but you would get double effects and not the intended look.

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.