[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

12 minutes ago, StickyScissors said:

So, the sunfalre that is included with SVE and overwrite's scatterer's native one is causing graphical issues when looking at the sun: m3bbCzt.png

That is not the sunflare from SVE and it doesn't overwrite it. Don't know what you did there. Check your install

Edited by Galileo

UPDATE

Change Log

v1.2.5.0

• Update for new Scatterer v0.0320
  • Removed sun flare completely. If you want a custom sun flare you will have to install one yourself
  • Duna's dust storms are no longer visible from scaled space to prevent artifacting
    • They are still present on the surface

TO INSTALL:

Optional (recommended mods)

55 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

In game the scatterer UI says

How about the configs shipped with SVE?

It's an issue with scatterer. I already brought it up on the thread. It doesn't break anything so what does it matter? 

Hey @Galileo, just recently added this mod, only waited because I was worried about a performance hit. Ended up not really taking one and the transformation in visuals is glorious. I was having a small issue that I sorted out, but in the process noticed that EVE's shadow config includes a few more casters. Is there a specific reason for the more succinct list, or could I add in those other casters with no problem?

ETA: Should mention, I'm not using both configs, was just looking between them during my search that ended up being something from Scatterer anyways.

Edited by Krakatoa
potentially confusing info

29 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Hey @Galileo, just recently added this mod, only waited because I was worried about a performance hit. Ended up not really taking one and the transformation in visuals is glorious. I was having a small issue that I sorted out, but in the process noticed that EVE's shadow config includes a few more casters. Is there a specific reason for the more succinct list, or could I add in those other casters with no problem?

ETA: Should mention, I'm not using both configs, was just looking between them during my search that ended up being something from Scatterer anyways.

The eclipses are exactly as they are supposed to be. MM prunes the list when scatterer is installed so eclipse effects are not doubled up. This us why it appears shorter. I m glad you like the pack, but I can't provide support if you decide to change anything.

when scatterer is installed MM trims the list so vacuum bodies use EVE and Atmo bodies use scatterer

Edited by Galileo

Hi @Galileo, I'm having an issue with the most recent update. I'm getting strange aerodynamics effects when both launching and reentering; images are below.

Spoiler

0ubv4cb.jpg

m2jnprB.jpg

rN59UsA.jpg

Z2kJkaI.jpg

d36zIwU.jpg

adrw2CD.jpg

As you can see, the artifacts don't show both when moving slowly and when you zoom in very closely. I wasn't having these issues before the update, so I'm not sure what else the problem could be.

18 minutes ago, TheBeesSteeze said:

Hi @Galileo, I'm having an issue with the most recent update. I'm getting strange aerodynamics effects when both launching and reentering; images are below.

Hide contents

0ubv4cb.jpg

m2jnprB.jpg

rN59UsA.jpg

Z2kJkaI.jpg

d36zIwU.jpg

adrw2CD.jpg

As you can see, the artifacts don't show both when moving slowly and when you zoom in very closely. I wasn't having these issues before the update, so I'm not sure what else the problem could be.

I have seen that before, but it has nothing to do with SVE. Post logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

1 hour ago, TheBeesSteeze said:

Here's the gamedata folder, and a link to the log files:

What I'll need you to do is remove all of the mods except SVE and its dependencies. Then add your mods back a handful at a time (5-10) until you see the issue appear. That way you can narrow down the the issue to a smaller amount of mods. My guess would be fairings, but go through the steps to be sure.

Edited by Galileo

Only other question I have is what I need to tweak in the Alt-0 menu to adjust the thickness of the volumetric clouds.  They're so good looking that I want to hit them sooner in the air and maybe leave them a bit later, if possible, or have them sometimes be in the altitude that my planes fly at.

6 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Only other question I have is what I need to tweak in the Alt-0 menu to adjust the thickness of the volumetric clouds.  They're so good looking that I want to hit them sooner in the air and maybe leave them a bit later, if possible, or have them sometimes be in the altitude that my planes fly at.

If the clouds are made too big they start looking pretty bad. What you could do is just add another volumetric cloud layer and raise the altitude a little. Just know that volumetric clouds are pretty heavy on the FPS, and that's why I only use a single volume layer in SVE.

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If the clouds are made too big they start looking pretty bad. What you could do is just add another volumetric cloud layer and raise the altitude a little. Just know that volumetric clouds are pretty heavy on the FPS, and that's why I only use a single volume layer in SVE.

Do I just copy the whole OBJECT{ describing the main cloud layer of Kerbin, then rename and change the altitude? Sorry to have a thousand questions, but I made sure to go through a good 50+ pages of the thread and didn't find a clear answer on adding, just taking away.

Just now, Krakatoa said:

Do I just copy the whole OBJECT{ describing the main cloud layer of Kerbin, then rename and change the altitude? Sorry to have a thousand questions, but I made sure to go through a good 50+ pages of the thread and didn't find a clear answer on adding, just taking away.

Yeah do that then remover the layer2d cloud node from new layer, otherwise you will get double cloud textures on kerbin. 

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

What I'll need you to do is remove all of the mods except SVE and its dependencies. Then add your mods back a handful at a time (5-10) until you see the issue appear. That way you can narrow down the the issue to a smaller amount of mods. My guess would be fairings, but go through the steps to be sure.

So I reinstalled all of my mods two by two and it wasn't any of the mods. It was the stock struts I had in the design. Somehow the way they were placed was screwing things up because as soon as I took them out and reattached them in nearly the same spot, everything worked as it should... well, at least it was the way one of the mods was interacting with those struts, because I tested each mod two-by-two on a different rocket.

Edited by TheBeesSteeze
Clarification

Hi I just updated SVE on ckan, and now my kerbin has completely black textures when vied from the observatory and when far from kerbin. this doesn't happen though before the update and without the mod. iv tried to uninstall and delete everything from the game twice and start again and it didn't work, any help?

http://imgur.com/a/DadCg

Album http://imgur.com/a/DadCg will appear when post is submitted

Edited by januswalentinjensen
wrong url

4 hours ago, blorgon said:

I'm having issues with a new install.

Output (forgive the uh, directory name, it's been a long day): https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtnucn3ev4dggy6/output_log.txt?dl=0

Gamedata:

36a781176f.png

The issue (terminator and aurora not displaying properly):

6e150e30f7.png

nope. That's the intended look. The aurora are more subtle and realistic and the terminators are a lot more subdued. Like, a lot and that is more realistic as well. You still get the volumetric cloud color change on the surface, however.

I like the new fainter aurora.  :)  But the terminator has noticeable color banding, and a sharp transition from white to greenish.  (I've seen this in my game too, so @blorgon, it's not just you.)

That said, I personally don't think the terminator banding is really a big deal — it's only noticeable around the south pole, which isn't something I spend a lot of time looking at.

2 hours ago, Wyzard said:

I like the new fainter aurora.  :)  But the terminator has noticeable color banding, and a sharp transition from white to greenish.  (I've seen this in my game too, so @blorgon, it's not just you.)

That said, I personally don't think the terminator banding is really a big deal — it's only noticeable around the south pole, which isn't something I spend a lot of time looking at.

Yeah it's only really noticeable with heavy cloud cover. That's been an issue ever since scatterer introduced the feature. I tried my best to make it look ok

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

nope. That's the intended look. The aurora are more subtle and realistic and the terminators are a lot more subdued. Like, a lot and that is more realistic as well. You still get the volumetric cloud color change on the surface, however.

I'm confused. This is what my game looked like a few days ago...

ede4f53afc.png

39 minutes ago, blorgon said:

I'm confused. This is what my game looked like a few days ago...

ede4f53afc.png

That's not SVE 

there used to be a subtle terminator color, but I have released an update since then basically removing it.

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

That's not SVE 

there used to be a subtle terminator color, but I have released an update since then basically removing it.

Okay, so it's EVE. For some reason I thought the aurora and terminator were from SVE.

8 minutes ago, blorgon said:

Okay, so it's EVE. For some reason I thought the aurora and terminator were from SVE.

That's not eve either I don't think. Last I checked EVE doesn't have auroras.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.