[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Did anyone found if it is officially a CKAN problem that when loaded via CKAN, SVE ends up with no configs loaded in a lot of places, and Laythe configs for Kerbin?

I decided to try SVE, EVE and Scatterer and, frankly, it looks like crap.  I am seeing basically the same problems as posted above in the original Oct 21 post and the Oct 25 and Oct 30 posts.

I have > 100 mods, and I use CKAN to maintain them (in defense of what little other free time I have), so I would rather have CKAN as an option for maintaining these as well - plus eventually Pood's OPMVO (which I am holding off on until I can find a solution for SVE)

Edited by Murdabenne

Hi Everyone,

When I install SVE it doesn't seem like much has been changed. Then from the space center I get a little white box in the corner and if I click on it I get a series of error looking messages. See screenshot. If I delete EVE then the error messages go away but I'll also upload a screenshot of what the textures look like at about 185km up. Just seems like its the same texture as before and still a bit blocky. If I reinstall Eve without the configs the image at 185km is about the same but there is a cloud layer on top of the image and cities lit up on the dark side of the planet.

Screenshot at 185km93T8M0i.png

Screenshot with error messagesUVOa8oo.png

Edited by J534
added more information

1 hour ago, J534 said:

Hi Everyone,

When I install SVE it doesn't seem like much has been changed. Then from the space center I get a little white box in the corner and if I click on it I get a series of error looking messages. See screenshot. If I delete EVE then the error messages go away but I'll also upload a screenshot of what the textures look like at about 185km up. Just seems like its the same texture as before and still a bit blocky. If I reinstall Eve without the configs the image at 185km is about the same but there is a cloud layer on top of the image and cities lit up on the dark side of the planet.

Screenshot at 185km93T8M0i.png

Screenshot with error messagesUVOa8oo.png

Please read the giant block of text in the OP

On 12/9/2017 at 10:39 PM, J534 said:

Yup......and?

I'm afraid you're not going to get many answers if you can't read and follow directions.  From the OP:

I WILL NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ME WITH AT LEAST YOUR OUTPUT.LOG AND A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR GAMEDATA FOLDER

14 hours ago, KidFuryGX said:

Hello do You have problems using Stock Visual Enhancement(SVE) cause I do give your guides how to 

From the OP

TO INSTALL:

EVE and SVE installed, my city lights seem layered, and I have a screenshot attached.

Double city lights png

I know it must be a duplicate of configs somewhere, and I have tried removing various files/folders to obtain better results, all have failed me.

Any assistance would be welcome, I'm on 1.3.1 and can supply more info if requested.

I just updates to the latest SVE and hires textures as well with your last release.

Per your request:

Gamedata Screenie

Output Log

Thanks beforehand!

4 hours ago, RW-1 said:

EVE and SVE installed, my city lights seem layered, and I have a screenshot attached.

Double city lights png

I know it must be a duplicate of configs somewhere, and I have tried removing various files/folders to obtain better results, all have failed me.

Any assistance would be welcome, I'm on 1.3.1 and can supply more info if requested.

I just updates to the latest SVE and hires textures as well with your last release.

Per your request:

Gamedata Screenie

Output Log

Thanks beforehand!

It’s an EVE bug. It comes and goes and has been hard for the dev to track down since it’s so random. 

17 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It’s an EVE bug. It comes and goes and has been hard for the dev to track down since it’s so random. 

Thanks G, that's good to know, I always figured it was me, duping on configs, but made sure to only have one loaded per comments I read somewhere.

Thanks for your awesome work!

Using Stock Visual Enhancements, for some reason the orange haze effect on the side of Kerbin and probably other planets is not present.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1241442497

Is there a way to fix this myself? (increase a value for orange haze)

1 minute ago, CanOmer said:

I insalled this mod and Spectra in CKAN because it doesn't say conflict. But it seems there is conflict, isn't it?

Yeah you don’t want to mix visual mods for many reasons. I didn’t bother to add it as a conflicting mod because it’s kinda common sense... but looks like I’m going to have to make that a thing.

If anyone is having problems with this mod via CKAN, please leave poor @Galileo alone and contribute your observations in replies to this issue:

Your assistance is needed because (of course) when I try it myself, everything seems to work fine. Please post anything that might be useful, including your OS, game version, screenshots, list of mods and versions, any missing or misplaced files or folders that you have noticed, etc.

Hopefully we can gather enough information to figure out the problem, but this forum thread should be focused on SVE, not CKAN.

On 12/23/2017 at 5:13 PM, Pavel ☭ said:

Using Stock Visual Enhancements, for some reason the orange haze effect on the side of Kerbin and probably other planets is not present.

This is by design. The over saturated orange on the terminator is not realistic and looks bad in my opinion, so I made it extremely subtle. There is not an easy way to change it and make it look good with the cloud texture included with SVE. It looks good with default EVE due to its scarce cloud coverage. Dense cloud coverage causes hard terminator lines, which I don’t like.

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

This is by design. The over saturated orange on the terminator is not realistic and looks bad in my opinion, so I made it extremely subtle. There is not an easy way to change it and make it look good with the cloud texture included with SVE. It looks good with default EVE due to its scarce cloud coverage. D naw cloud coverage caus s hard terminator lines, which I don’t like.

What about the orange in the picture in the OP?

On 23/12/2017 at 7:44 PM, Galileo said:

This is by design. The over saturated orange on the terminator is not realistic and looks bad in my opinion, so I made it extremely subtle. There is not an easy way to change it and make it look good with the cloud texture included with SVE. It looks good with default EVE due to its scarce cloud coverage. D naw cloud coverage caus s hard terminator lines, which I don’t like.

How would one go about over-saturating their orange in the scatterer config for themselves? I don't know what I'm doing in the scatterer .cfg, and don't want to break anything else, but want to see if I can find a happy medium that I like.

EDIT: @Pavel ☭ I have figured out a hacky solution. Disable the SVE Kerbin scatterer .cfg (you can rename it to atmo.txt if you don't want to delete it) and then install a fresh copy of scatterer. This will restore the high saturation orange haze for both map view and from the surface. The best would be if we could somehow have it look like the SVE terminator from space and the default scatterer .cfg from the ground, that would be perfect. I don't know if it is possible to have automatically switching .cfgs though. @blackrack

@Galileo Personally, I feel the benefits outweigh the cost. The benefit is is that occasionally launches are extra pretty when near sunset or sunrise. The cost is that when I am close enough in space to kerbin to see the colour of the terminator, it is the wrong colour. I place high value on anything that breaks up the monotony of launches, that is why I am using SVE. Dramatic sunsets are a must. 

Edited by Errol

@Errol the volumetric clouds are still orange at dusk and dawn. I dont care about it being pretty;  I want realism. Dramatic sunsets are still there, but not super saturated and fantastical like I think you are suggesting. 

The settings I choose are the what I think is closest to realism. For the over saturated terminators, there is default scatterer/EVE, Astronomers package, or really any other visual pack. I stick as close as I can to real life, even if it’s not as pretty as some would like. It’s what I like.

your solution to obtain the dramatic terminators is probably what I would suggest to do. It’s not really hacky. It’s actually probably the easiest way to make it work. :) 

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.