[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

UPDATE

Change Log

v1.2.9.0

• New Jool cloud texture
  • new auroras
  • Removed Sun textures. Use SVT for that.
  • REQUIRES SVE_Textures v1.0.4

RFqL3qT.jpg

Download and install instructions in the OP

Give CKAN a few hours to catch up.

Edited by Galileo

58 minutes ago, H0FF1 said:

Hey mate :)

I have an issue with SVE. since your update i have no clouds anymore.

Gonna need logs and a screenshot of your gamedata.

if you just pasted over a current install, it won’t work. 

Edited by Galileo

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

Gonna need logs and a screenshot of your gamedata.

if you just pasted over a current install, it won’t work. 

Nevermind. I just forgot to Copy the Textures in the new Folder. :D

I just re-installed everything via CKAN and it looks great -- your hard work is much appreciated.

I do have one minor issue however: I'm occasionally getting flickering shadows. They go away if I quit and restart the game. Shadows cast by objects flicker like they would if they were moving rapidly over an uneven surface, and it's as if a shadow flickers intermittently over the entire landscape. 

Here's a snapshot of the mods I have installed:

5fXk7sA.png

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions? DxDiag available upon request.

4 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

I just re-installed everything via CKAN and it looks great -- your hard work is much appreciated.

I do have one minor issue however: I'm occasionally getting flickering shadows. They go away if I quit and restart the game. Shadows cast by objects flicker like they would if they were moving rapidly over an uneven surface, and it's as if a shadow flickers intermittently over the entire landscape. 

Here's a snapshot of the mods I have installed:

5fXk7sA.png

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions? DxDiag available upon request.

I have never seen the issue, but you can troubleshoot yourself and remove all other mods and add them back a few at a time until the issue reappears. That way you can narrow it down to a handful of mods.

1 hour ago, viperwolf said:

Thanks for the update, anyone having trouble DLing from gitHub? I keep getting failed downloads and the time is horrible.

GitHub likes to throttle download speeds every now and then. Not sure why. I’d say just give it some time.

58 minutes ago, Galileo said:

GitHub likes to throttle download speeds every now and then. Not sure why. I’d say just give it some time.

Git hub is a REALLY popular website and it carnt handle all these files being downloaded at once, meaning the have to compromise I.E dialing down speeds.

PS love your mod:D

Edited by Abpilot
Typo

2 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Thanks for the update, anyone having trouble DLing from gitHub? I keep getting failed downloads and the time is horrible.

Try using a VPN, if this problem continues. I have this problem constantly, it never changes. But, when I have my VPN active, it works. (So, either it's something in my ISP, or some setting in my router that the VPN bypasses. The GitHub representative I talked to was as baffled as I was.)

9 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

I have AVP installed, should i worrie about anything befor installation?

AVP and SVE together is a no no. They both add scatterer and clouds to the same bodies. It’s one or the other 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

AVP and SVE together is a no no. They both add scatterer and clouds to the same bodies. It’s one or the other 

Hmm tough, probably gonna stick with AVP and have SVE for my backed up versions...no offence.

22 minutes ago, Fobok said:

Try using a VPN, if this problem continues. I have this problem constantly, it never changes. But, when I have my VPN active, it works. (So, either it's something in my ISP, or some setting in my router that the VPN bypasses. The GitHub representative I talked to was as baffled as I was.)

Ill try this thank you.

1 hour ago, Abpilot said:

Hmm tough, probably gonna stick with AVP and have SVE for my backed up versions...no offence.

I don’t get paid to mod, so it’s no problem for me :) 

Edited by Galileo
Pro alien??? lol apparently I cannot spell tonight

EVE seems to be broke, i dont see clouds or city lights. Im sure modders will wait for 1.4.1 or even the DLC update, which is very understandable.

EDIT it seems 1.4.1 will actually come with the DLC.

Edited by viperwolf

3 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

It just doesn't work! No clouds even anywhere. Only the scatterer works though.

Wait I can't paste anything in except for words, how should i post the log and screenshot now?

Reveal hidden contents

@Galileo

All the instructions on how to upload a log and a picture are in Galileo's signature with the "how to get help" button in red. You don't want to copy the whole log here, it breaks the forums, and they don't host pictures here.

39 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

Wait I can't paste anything in except for words, how should i post the log and screenshot now?

Reveal hidden contents

@Galileo

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you didn’t download the SVE_Textures.. 

On 3/9/2018 at 1:16 PM, hanhan658 said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Galileo

You didn't download SVE_Textures. I make the same mistake every time I download this mod.

I am new to this set of mods. First off, they look the game look amazing. Thank you for that.

Can anyone explain why I can't see many stars and how I would fix that? I definitely understand not being able to see the dark side of the planet after installing these mods.

Album a/NBhvQ will appear when post is submitted
Thanks!
Edited by shifty303
imgur image link edit

11 hours ago, shifty303 said:

I am new to this set of mods. First off, they look the game look amazing. Thank you for that.

Can anyone explain why I can't see many stars and how I would fix that? I definitely understand not being able to see the dark side of the planet after installing these mods.

Album a/NBhvQ will appear when post is submitted
Thanks!

Assuming that you've installed all the recommended mods, it's probably to do with the dynamic sky dimming from Distant Object Enhancement. You could try playing with the settings of that mod. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.