[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

2 hours ago, krimsalt said:

Not sure what's causing this, but the sun appears dim as if it's being obstructed. There is no lens flare or god rays appearing. This happens after I load crafts from the tracking center and *sometimes* goes away when switching to other crafts. Most of the time grounded crafts (like on the Mun or Kerbin) show proper lens flare and god rays.

I'm running 1.4.5, mods include KER, SVE/EVE/Scatterer, and RPM. Module Manager is version 3.0.7.

Link to KSP log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15nY3hD4xivU_SKgPc572-hRmTnnGo9ev

Google drive folder showing 2 instances where the sun effects are not loaded in, one instance where they are, and the KSC: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19YAL04bmj7cR-PDQSGVpbBWDHTHuqd4a

Your links do not work. 

On 8/15/2018 at 12:00 PM, Galileo said:

Screenshots and logs

https://imgur.com/a/XZrYxbU

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KPIikDPTamgZKWG6cBs2et3CuE9sI424/view?usp=sharing

can you please fix this glitch @Galileo

my mods 

000_ClickThroughBlocker

000_Toolbar

000_ToolbarControl

BetterTimeWarp Continued

Camera Tools

Distant Object Enhancements 

Distant Object Enhancements Stock planet config

Environmental Visual Enhancements plugin no config

Eva Follower

FShangerExtender 

JSI Raster Prop Monitor 

Kerbal Animation Suit Continued

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Mechjeb

Mechjeb and Engineer for all

PlanetShine 

PlanetShine Default Planet Config 

Scatterer

My own Scatterer config that adds the atmosphere in the tracking station.

Smokescreen 

Trajectories 

Transfer Window Planner

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Module Manager 3.0.7

Toolbar Settings

@Trekkie148 no I cannot. That is not an issue with SVE. If it is, you are the first and only person to report it and I see plenty of people playing with SVE just fine and see many screenshots of jool that don’t have your issue. That leaves me to believe the issue is exclusive to your install. 

Let’s do some simple, user level troubleshooting.

Using a fresh KSP install, run SVE without your other mods. Then add your other mods back until you see the issue again. Then report your issue to that developer.

9 hours ago, krimsalt said:

@Galileo did my re-links work?

They work. I don’t see any issues with SVE in your logs. Might just be an issue with scatterer since it’s not updated officially for 1.4.5.

try using Flare Replacer.

Edited by Galileo

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post

I was googling for SVE to update it, and I saw the old hurricane in Laythe, and I wanted it so badly
I saw in the thread a link to an old SVE version, that had the hurricane, so I pasted it in the latest cfg file (just for me obviously)

When I opened KSP, this was the hurricane I got, not the one I saw

How can I make it bigger? (Again, just for me)

Thanks

PS: here's the hurricane I got

jmW7frn.png

3 hours ago, jram2301 said:

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post

I was googling for SVE to update it, and I saw the old hurricane in Laythe, and I wanted it so badly
I saw in the thread a link to an old SVE version, that had the hurricane, so I pasted it in the latest cfg file (just for me obviously)

When I opened KSP, this was the hurricane I got, not the one I saw

How can I make it bigger? (Again, just for me)

Welcome to the forum :)
I didn't know the hurricane yet but it looks really cool and I just added it to my game as well :D
Indeed, it is kinda small and I played around with some config settings but I wasn't able to increase the size either.

So, I'm just following your question: Can we increase the size of the hurricane?^^

This is the config node so far (I've added some stuff like the uvnoisel texture):

Spoiler

OBJECT
	{
		name = Laythe-Hurricane
		body = Laythe
		altitude = 4200
		speed = 15,3000,0
		detailSpeed = 0,0,0
		rotationAxis1 = 0,0,1
		rotationAxis2 = 0,1,0
		offset = 20,50,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 3
			_DetailDist = 1E-07
			_UVNoiseAnimation = 0.1,0.1
			_UVNoiseStrength = 0.00030001
			_Color = 200,200,200,225
			_DistFade = 3
			_MainTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/Storm
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/DetailStorm
			}
			_UVNoiseTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/uvnoise1
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_FalloffScale = 20
			}
			shadowMaterial
			{
				_ShadowFactor = 0.35
			}
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			size = 6000,3
			followDetail = True
			particleMaterial
			{
				_Tex
				{
					value = StockVisualEnhancements/textures/particle/rgb
					_LightScatter = 0.4
					_MinLight = 0.0
					_InvFade = 0.008
				}
			}
		}
	}

3 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Works like a charm :)

Hide contents

XaDfl70.gif

Looks good, but it’s spinning counter clockwise lol!

i intended to bring back a hurricane at some point. I have a great new texture for it, I just haven’t had a lot of time.

18 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Looks good, but it’s spinning counter clockwise lol!

i intended to bring back a hurricane at some point. I have a great new texture for it, I just haven’t had a lot of time.

I would love to see a new hurricane :)

Meanwhile, I've fixed the spinning direction ;)

Spoiler

yEzQ0mS.gif

Hmm I believe the direction of spin will depend on if its above or below the Equator.

Northern Hemisphere storms (Typhoons, Cyclones, Hurricanes, etc) will spin Counterclockwise. Southern Hemisphere storms spin Clockwise. ;)

22 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

Hmm I believe the direction of spin will depend on if its above or below the Equator.

Northern Hemisphere storms (Typhoons, Cyclones, Hurricanes, etc) will spin Counterclockwise. Southern Hemisphere storms spin Clockwise. ;)

Good point. I'll see If I can find a possibility to prevent the hurricane to switch between the hemispheres.

1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Good point. I'll see If I can find a possibility to prevent the hurricane to switch between the hemispheres.

It can be done with the latest EVE, but I haven’t experimented with it yet so I have no idea how.

currently I have it bouncing all over the place just for the dynamic, randomness.

edit: actually it would be pretty easy to do and wouldn’t require any EVE magic. It would require the texture to be edited again, requiring a slight polar distortion.

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

edit: actually it would be pretty easy to do and wouldn’t require any EVE magic. It would require the texture to be edited again, requiring a slight polar distortion.

Oh, really? I'll try that. I though it must be done in the config file by editing the 'rotationAxis' parameter.

I'll report my results :) 

edit: Well, it's not so easy...looks like the center of the texture is also the center of the coordinate system which is used to rotate it. I've recorded a video, it's pretty obvious to see but hard to explain (at least for me):

I don't understand all the vector values from the config but I'm sure that it can be somehow calculated which values are required to solve this issue... @Galileo can you explain the 'rotateaxis' values to me or should I ask in the EVE thread or is there some kind of documentation I don't know?

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

3 hours ago, Sky_walker said:

Think you've got a mistake in texture packs.

duststorms.dds:

SVE_MedResTextures.zip - 11MB
SVE_HighResTextures.zip - 2.8MB

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Larger file in High res pack?

Maybe, but I’m not too concerned with it, tbh. I’ll fix it if I ever feel like modding again. Im pretty damn burned out

14 hours ago, Galileo said:

Im pretty damn burned out

I cant blame you. Just installing the constant mod updates that this clusterjeb of hotfix patches requires can get very old pretty quick. I can only imagine what it does to you who actually write mods... they are scaring away some of their most precious contributors.

Hello everyone, after 30 minutes using Paint.net, here's my attempt...

"It was at this moment he knew he fu$#% up" :/

It was my first time editing a DDS image, I got the size I wanted, but quality and smoothness... Well, at least I got to Jool xD

So, any help will be appreciated :D or I'll just wait for the Galileo Update
(BTW don't worry: work, studies, life, all that burns us out, take a break. As Kowalski said in Gravity: "Sit back, enjoy the ride")

Thumbs up for everyone

4NcLR3K.png

Edited by jram2301
Bad grammar

Hey I was wondering if there's any way to make city lights work on any other celestial bodies because I did make the .cfg file changes so that EVE uses the actual textures from kerbin on laythe but they just never load in and its kind of frustrating. Really would like to make some cool looking island colony lights for when I am travelling or simply from space and have circular looking epicenters that branch out to other parts of civilization (light highway lights) would make that part of space feel a lot less lonely as well as adding futuristic looking spaceports with kerbinside which is already feasible and looking to build actual cities with highway systems using kerbin city and being clever with the 3d models but I honestly can't start working on that if I can't get city textures and lights at night because I obviously can't cover the whole islands with 3d models since it will lag the game even on my setup. 

If its just a texture problem I would really like to know how to align the textures with the bodies once you guys tell me how to make the game load that in but if its a hex editing problem because it will only load with kerbin's input I might need a little bit more info tbh. I didn't program this but would really like the know the cause in order to understand the limitations of what can be done. 

Thanks ahead for any help you send my way, would be cool if this could have a dedicated discord server to easily know when someone replies instead of never knowing if I already got an answer :3

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Laythe
		cityLightsMaterial
		{
			_CityOverlayDetailScale = 10
			_CityOverlayTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/main
			}
			_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/detaildark
			}
			_CityLightOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/detaillight
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Kerbin
		cityLightsMaterial
		{
			_CityOverlayDetailScale = 20
			_CityOverlayTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/main
			}
			_CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/detaildark
			}
			_CityLightOverlayDetailTex
			{
				value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/detaillight
			}
		}
	}
}

Edited by sumghai
Merged consecutive posts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.