[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

New to the forums but been using ksp and mods for a decent while. I'm trying to figure out how to add clouds to Half-RSS. I like the challenge with the scale but want a little bit better visuals if I can. I'm going to keep messing around with it but any help would be appreciated. I figure I can go through the .cfg files and just rename all the bodies to match RSS (i.e. Kerbin=Earth etc) and alter the altitudes of the clouds, and auroras and that should do the trick. Has anyone here tried something similar with success?

Thanks,

Does anybody know what broke the OPM clouds with 1.5.1?
Maybe if it is a simple fix, then it could be done manually in the local copy

Looks like every time I start a career in KSP hoping to reach the outer planets, then by the time I advance far enough, something has already broken the visuals :D .
I guess it's unavoidable when it comes to having a bazillion mods on top of each other. So in any case, if it's just a couple of lines to be changed in the config, then
maybe it's not a big issue. But I don't know that much about how the configs work to start messing around myself....

17 hours ago, LtFromHell said:

Hey all,

New to the forums but been using ksp and mods for a decent while. I'm trying to figure out how to add clouds to Half-RSS. I like the challenge with the scale but want a little bit better visuals if I can. I'm going to keep messing around with it but any help would be appreciated. I figure I can go through the .cfg files and just rename all the bodies to match RSS (i.e. Kerbin=Earth etc) and alter the altitudes of the clouds, and auroras and that should do the trick. Has anyone here tried something similar with success?

Thanks,

Have you tried RSSVE already? It still worked fine in 1.4.5.

5 hours ago, Joonatanr said:

Does anybody know what broke the OPM clouds with 1.5.1?

Which config do you use for OPM clouds? SVE, Pood's OPM-VE or something else? (edit: oops, I thought this is the EVE thread and not the SVE thread...so I guess you actually use SVE^^)
What exactly is broken? Do the clouds don't appear or do they look wired? Maybe you can upload a screenshot?

Edited by 4x4cheesecake
typo

Well they were gone for a while. Anyway I then tried messing around with some visual mods, installed Astronomer's Visual Pack, then
uninstalled it and put back SVE... Suddenly clouds for OPM are there again :D. No idea how that worked, but I guess you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Since I'm using lots of mods there's always a good chance I messed something up myself. For now everything works.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:12 PM, Joonatanr said:

Well they were gone for a while. Anyway I then tried messing around with some visual mods, installed Astronomer's Visual Pack, then
uninstalled it and put back SVE... Suddenly clouds for OPM are there again :D. No idea how that worked, but I guess you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Since I'm using lots of mods there's always a good chance I messed something up myself. For now everything works.

I'm having the same or similar issue - but it's only broken when I am using other Kopernicus packs - i.e. SVE with OPM works fine, and stock + Kopernicus with no packs works fine, but as soon as I add GPP+GPP_Secondary, or Other Worlds, or another Kopernicus pack, then suddenly I have no clouds in the stock planets or OPM - just in OW or GPP.

Edit: Hmm... nevermind, looks like SVE might be the culprit, or my install of it. No problem if I use the EVE configs instead of SVE. I need to look at this further so I can submit a log and repro steps if it turns out I didn't just botch the (re)install.

Edited by panarchist

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys! I know that this isn't probably the right place but Twitter is not helping. I wanna know how many people agree that KSP has to improve. I have some ideas but also I wanna hear yours too. In my opinion they have to add better water texture 2D shader like looking one, I don't think they improved the water since they released the game. Also they need to add better shockwave effects. Like come on 2018. Deform the view while the shockwave is passing like in Just cause 4. I have more but I'mma save them for now and tell them later. Tell me your opinion.

59 minutes ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

Hi Guys! I know that this isn't probably the right place but Twitter is not helping. I wanna know how many people agree that KSP has to improve. I have some ideas but also I wanna hear yours too. In my opinion they have to add better water texture 2D shader like looking one, I don't think they improved the water since they released the game. Also they need to add better shockwave effects. Like come on 2018. Deform the view while the shockwave is passing like in Just cause 4. I have more but I'mma save them for now and tell them later. Tell me your opinion.

You're right the mod forum is not the place this, let alone not your own mod post. Take this to the General Chat, don't hijack this topic.

im confused, ive downloaded both SVE_MedResTextures.zip and SVE.v1.3.0.4.zip, i extract the SVE.v1.3.0.4.zip and find a gamedata folder with a StockVisualEnhancements folder inside of it, i drag the StockVisualEnhancements folder to gamedata and all is well....well until i extract SVE_MedResTextures.zip. inside of it their is the usual gamedata folder, but inside of that is another folder called StockVisualEnhancements..........sooo what do i do?

6 hours ago, putnamto said:

sooo what do i do?

Exactly the same as you did with the first SVE folder. The folder got the same name but different contents inside, so both folder will be merged automatically.

If, for any reason, this doesn't work: Just copy the 'Textures' folder inside the SVE folder, so your final folder structur looks like this:

• GameData
    • StockVisualEnhancements
      • SVE_Configs
      • SVE_Scatterer
      • Textures
      • StockVisualEnhancements.version

5 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Exactly the same as you did with the first SVE folder. The folder got the same name but different contents inside, so both folder will be merged automatically.

If, for any reason, this doesn't work: Just copy the 'Textures' folder inside the SVE folder, so your final folder structur looks like this:

• GameData
    • StockVisualEnhancements
      • SVE_Configs
      • SVE_Scatterer
      • Textures
      • StockVisualEnhancements.version

thanks for the help, on a whim i copied the textures folder right after posting, thanks.

On 12/17/2018 at 6:29 AM, Atlas2342 said:

Are there any screenshots of SVE in game? Maybe an album?

I've done a few for you: https://imgur.com/a/R8gdlCk
(I should mention that I removed the citylights, even though there are no pictures of the night side of kerbin :P)

19 minutes ago, putnamto said:

weird, i just installed kopernicus and it gave me a warning to not load my game due to custom planets.....i have no custom planets.

Well, kopernicus is usually used for planet packs so this is a hard coded default massage which pops up, as soon as the KSP version doesn't match the kopernicus version. SVE uses kopernicus to add rings to Jool, so if you want the fancy rings, you should check out the release section of the kopernicus repository to find the correct version for your KSP install: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

9 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I've done a few for you: https://imgur.com/a/R8gdlCk
(I should mention that I removed the citylights, even though there are no pictures of the night side of kerbin :P)

Well, kopernicus is usually used for planet packs so this is a hard coded default massage which pops up, as soon as the KSP version doesn't match the kopernicus version. SVE uses kopernicus to add rings to Jool, so if you want the fancy rings, you should check out the release section of the kopernicus repository to find the correct version for your KSP install: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

i was using the version for 1.5, im also playing 1.5. the only reason i d/l it was for rings on jool.

i backed up all my game files and loaded against its warning, everything worked fine.......but i didnt have any jool rings:( this is a problem i had with my last ksp install so i think im just not going to worry about it.
unless theirs another mod to give jool rings.

3 hours ago, putnamto said:

i was using the version for 1.5, im also playing 1.5. the only reason i d/l it was for rings on jool.

Do you play on 1.5.0 or on 1.5.1? It must be 1.5.1 since there is no version of kopernicus for 1.5.0. Also, did you install Modular Flight Integrator as well? It is bundled in the kopernicus download and required.
It is actually no surprise that everything worked fine except for the jool rings, because kopernicus doesn't load at all if the version checker recognizes a wrong KSP version. Since you don't have any mod planets, the stock system loads as usual.

2 hours ago, putnamto said:

i dont know how this is relevant, but somehow my DV window is missing from mechjeb now after unninstalling kopernicus

I don't know either...

You may want to upload a log file or even more than one (for example one with kopernicus installed which leads to the warning and another one without kopernicus but the missing DV window of mechjeb).
The logs are overwritten on each launch of the game so if you want to upload different logs, be sure to rename or move the log before restarting the game in a different configuration. If you don't know where to find the logs, take a look into this thread:

didnt insta modularFlightIntegrator :sticktongue: got my rings now.

the mechjeb thing is weird though, i updated KIS when in unninstalled kopernicus so i assumed it was KIS or kopernicus that caused this, the KIS guy said KIS shouldnt effect MJ at all.

meh, i just made a custom window in MJ to show delta V, no big deal.

thanks for your help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Galileo, just wanted to let you know that SVE is working perfectly in 1.6 (minus kopernicus' Jool ring) so you might want to put that on the title page.

Thanks for creating and continuing to support this awesome mod.

Hello dear KSP Kerbolnauts,

I registered with this site for the purpose of congratulating the modder of this amazing app. Thank you very much.
Please allow me to ask a question. Why do the clouds move with the player's object? If I orbit with 3000ms per second it seems like Kerbin clouds move also with 3000ms. It is confusing, but most likely it is my own fault for not spending enough time to figure out the settings.

Thanks very much,

Super Hanz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.