[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

16 minutes ago, Arco123 said:

for ksp folder pic and everything else you guys need. I tried to follow them to the best of my ability. If you need anything else comment and ask for it.

You have installed everything incorrectly. Follow the links on the OP. They hold your hand through the install process.

You have a gamedata folder installed inside your gamedata folder. 

Inside your SVE folder you have the textures installed with a (2) at the end. Thats wrong. 

You should not have a master file at all either. 

Follow this guide or use CKAN

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-install-kerbal-space-program-mods-4767496

Edited by Galileo

How does that even happen? 

Okay, That's it. I'll just nuke the game and start from sctach. If I mess up just downloading it and unziping it into ksp then there's something very wrong with me.  

Oh wait, what verison should I run? That would be the best thing to ask. 

Also, for MM should I download DLL or ZIP?

Again, check ksp (Drive) for what I have downloaded so far so you can confirm it's okay.

Unziping now. Where should I put the textures? Drop it in SVE?  

check ksp (Drive) for more screen shots of folder. Is it okay?

Edited by Arco123
Very important

I didn't touch them... I only dragged them into the gamedata folder and put the textures in the sve folder. I only opened them to take pics and this happens. (ksp Drive) 

I did everything the lifewire thing asked me and this happened...

48 minutes ago, Arco123 said:

I didn't touch them... I only dragged them into the gamedata folder and put the textures in the sve folder. I only opened them to take pics and this happens. (ksp Drive) 

I did everything the lifewire thing asked me and this happened...

You clearly did not follow the instructions. You should not end up with a master file. That means you downloaded from the wrong location. The correct locations are linked in the OP. You also should not have a GameData folder within your GameData folder. You need to drill deeper into that folder and find the mod folder.

Here is another tutorial.

Since you seem to be having such a hard time installing mods manually, I cannot suggest CKAN enough.

Edited by Galileo

Hopefully this isn't rude or anything to ask, but since SVE works on any version as long as EVE is updated, perhaps the version file could be removed or updated to reflect that? It'd just be sort of nice to be able to have all the mods in CKAN have the 1.8 tag or even the Any tag for the Max KSP Version. And perhaps it'd also lessen the amount of people coming and asking if it's compatible, especially if it's given the Any tag.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 2:48 PM, redspyro99 said:

Hopefully this isn't rude or anything to ask, but since SVE works on any version as long as EVE is updated, perhaps the version file could be removed or updated to reflect that? It'd just be sort of nice to be able to have all the mods in CKAN have the 1.8 tag or even the Any tag for the Max KSP Version. And perhaps it'd also lessen the amount of people coming and asking if it's compatible, especially if it's given the Any tag.

While I agree in principle, SVE is slightly more complicated than pure-EVE-config mods in that it provides configs for multiple other mods. In theory, you could play with SVE if EVE wasn't updated but Scatterer was. How do we express that in CKAN? SVE needs at least one of the mods it configures in order to do anything interesting.

Certainly I check compatibility with SVE before releasing any EVE update (do you think I play with the crappy sample configs... ?)

6 hours ago, Waz said:

How do we express that in CKAN? SVE needs at least one of the mods it configures in order to do anything interesting.

A 'any_of' dependency with Scatterer and EVE could work. Then when the vref is removed, SVE will show up as compatible when one of those two mods becomes compatible.
But I'm not sure if we should make the already complicated relationships even more complicated.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, ThexLoneWolf said:

The link to SVE's GitHub isn't working and I can't find it on Space Dock. Where else can I download it?

Redoing my Install in 1.8.1 today, can confirm that the two following links provided in the Original Post both give a "404 - Page not found"

Making impossible to complete the mod's installation at this time.
Sorry for bumping in Christmas season, thanks for any assistance on the matter.

Love this mod!

Question: I see two tweaks with SVE: scatterer I'd like to make, how do I do them?

1. I prefer the opaque water from the default scatterer config, how to change the SVE: scatterer to use it?
  2. The low sun clouds, especially from the ground/below, look like a dark and stormy morning/evening, how to reduce the horror movie look?

Homer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Galileo, for this great mod. One of my core visual mods. :)

But is there any solution for this hard terminator line? See pictures below.

Spoiler

IA5DUgY.jpg

rIM1I4u.jpg

If I zoom out or flying higher than 120k meters, it looks fine.

Spoiler

Lo7Qtma.jpg

The scatterer sunflare effect is also a little too late/early at sunrise/sunset. Where and how can I set this in the configs?

Spoiler

FbwXUAp.jpg

GSog0XH.jpg

1M6JRm2.jpg

I also tested this with only SVE, EVE, Scatterer and Modulmanager installed with KSP 1.8.1. Without Scatterer, there is no orange Terminator line. Scatterer only looks also fine.

So what is wrong here?

Edited by Kerbaderp

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, teepee2345 said:

The latest version of SVE hasn't been indexed by CKAN. The textures have, but the core mod hasn't.

The last core version indexed by CKAN is v1.4.1, and judging from the title of this forum thread and the GitHub Releases page, this also is the latest version available for the core. I don't think CKAN missed anything.

But, the remote AVC version file could need some update (as well as this post), to reflect that v1.4.1 is compatible with KSP 1.8.1.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.