[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 3:35 PM, xman1 said:

This is probably my favorite mod.  Any word on if this will be brought up to date?

Whilst I love that to happen I'd have to say that won't happen for a LONG TIME. People have lives and there is a global pandemic that we'd all love to forget about that is ruining everyone's lives. Just be patient and there'd might just be an update coming out. Maybe a few months but that's an optimistic approach at least. The mod still works with the newest version though but with some bugs that can be overshadowed for the "average" player.

Can someone point me to where in the configs I would edit the following?  I have SVE with EVE+Scatter loaded.

The line between light and dark as kerbin orbits and transitions to night is too sharp.  I'd like to diffuse the edge point a bit so it doesnt look like a blanket of darkness is being placed over kerbin or a super storm is on the horizon.

I know its a setting in either scatter or eve or both, but instead of tinkering trial and error, if someone knows the settings to touch, please share.

Screenshot of the edge of night:

po8u3cj.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still works like a charm, even in 1.10.1! (Installed through CKAN; had to force 1.6 compatibility).

I'm using EVE-Redux, Medium-Res Textures, and OPM, and everything works just fine.
(I'm not using Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancement, or PlanetShine, since those tax my system pretty hard).

Maybe, the planets have too much of a blue tint (particularly Laythe and Kerbin), but that's just personal preference.

I haven't run into any issues yet, so I'd say this is still a good option for anyone out there looking for a visual mod.
(I wouldn't install Scatterer, though, since the Scatterer configs are out of date and might cause problems; installing other configs alongside this is probably a bad idea too, as usual).

Cheers, @Galileo!

• 4 weeks later...

So, I've been playing around with SVE again, and found that it actually works great with the newest version of Scatterer in 1.10.1, despite the older configs (at least, it does on my install). Even the OPM planets work fine.

I guess this makes it my visual mod of choice for now, since it looks great and I don't need to worry about Scatterer compatibility. (It's also supported by a hefty number of planet packs, which is a nice bonus.) :)

On 11/2/2020 at 6:21 PM, Maple Kerman said:

It works in 1.10.x. Just uninstall Scatterer if it gives you issues.

On 11/1/2020 at 10:17 PM, Krakatoa said:

It works in 1.10.x. There might not be new stuff, but it works just fine.

Yeah, I'm sure it works, but imagine if there were new features and/or visual effects being added in the game as the versions increase. The progress on this mod had pretty much halted, and it has been the same way for a while now. And also, there are new things added like comets, if SVE were up-to-date, then it might be able to deal with that.

55 minutes ago, kerbalxploder said:

Yeah, I'm sure it works, but imagine if there were new features and/or visual effects being added in the game as the versions increase. The progress on this mod had pretty much halted, and it has been the same way for a while now. And also, there are new things added like comets, if SVE were up-to-date, then it might be able to deal with that.

All I know is that it works fine in 1.10.1 and also looks spectacular. That's good enough for me.

15 minutes ago, Maple Kerman said:

All I know is that it works fine in 1.10.1 and also looks spectacular. That's good enough for me.

Yeah, I guess so. Regardless, I don't want to torture my GT 1030 any further than high stock graphics settings does, so I guess I will be holding off until I get sth better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 16:31, derbleifuss said:

Emmm ... I'm confused, does SVE also offer OPM support? I already provided with AVP, but not with SVE; and I am very curious and excited to try it.

PD 1: If it could; It would be like AVP, that I only have to have Scatter and EVE updated. Or would it not be necessary?

PS 2: the version of my KSP is 1.9.1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2021 at 4:35 AM, Zaher Kerman said:

I just wanted to know if it stills work in 1.11. All though I highly doubt it.

Do not hesitate; EVE and Scatterer even work for 1.12; if your dependencies work, SVE will do it too

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.