Jump to content

[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MaximilianPs said:

No no, I'm on PC, with a Gefo.770.

-Force-d3d11-nosinglethread 

I'm using this 'cause.... I can't remember :blush:

 

You are using it to save memory.  Try deleting that and see if the issue persists. Dx11 causes some weird bugs in the game.  I don't use it and don't test with it as I don't see a reason for it as ksp is now 64bit. Unless you are only running 4 GBs of ram

Edited by Berlin
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Berlin said:

You are using it to save memory.  Try deleting that and see if the issue persists. Dx11 causes some weird bugs in the game.  I don't use it and don't test with it as I don't see a reason for it as ksp is now 64bit. Unless you are only running 4 GBs of ram

 

I gave the switch a try on a lark, and you aren't kidding about buggy behaviour. Levitating shadows, texture tearing, just a mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaximilianPs said:

I really like the new version, which works great :)
... but I've some problem with trees and clouds
7S10dy4.jpg

Any advice to fix it ? 

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

Are you running this with a mac or with dx11? 

I have not seen this issue in my testing (which was fast and unfinished)  but I have not seen this

I'm getting the same graphical error as well - haven't mentioned it yet though. I'm guessing it's somehow related to the landing gear emissive glitch since it has a similar looking error w/ transparency? I'm running a high end PC w/ windows 10, only change to the .exe file being -popupwindow.

I don't know what mods are causing the glitch but I bet it's either:

Kopernicus w/ EVE or Scatterer

or

PlanetShine w/ EVE or Scatterer

 

Sad to say that isn't all that helpful :P - Systematically removing the mods and rebooting a craft w/ landing gear with lights (To see the landing gear light glitch) that's parked nearby trees (For the tree transparency glitch) should let you isolate what's causing it?

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I'm getting the same graphical error as well - haven't mentioned it yet though. I'm guessing it's somehow related to the landing gear emissive glitch since it has a similar looking error w/ transparency? I'm running a high end PC w/ windows 10, only change to the .exe file being -popupwindow.

I don't know what mods are causing the glitch but I bet it's either:

Kopernicus w/ EVE or Scatterer

or

PlanetShine w/ EVE or Scatterer

 

Sad to say that isn't all that helpful :P - Systematically removing the mods and rebooting a craft w/ landing gear with lights that's parked nearby trees should let you isolate what's causing it?

I mean I noticed things like that with a stock game with just scatterer on the launch pad.  The little water towery thing with the light on it for example.  It's something with the textures interfering with scatterer or vice versa. So I dunno but I haven't seen it in my game on trees or on my crafts. Maybe @blackrack can clarify?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I mean I noticed things like that with a stock game with just scatterer on the launch pad.  The little water towery thing with the light on it for example.  It's something with the textures interfering with scatterer or vice versa. So I dunno but I haven't seen it in my game on trees or on my crafts. Maybe @blackrack can clarify?  

Is this with the new scatterer version or what? did it happen with the previous one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Is this with the new scatterer version or what? did it happen with the previous one?

I never noticed it so I'm unsure.  The old download (1.0.3)  that is all packaged together with the old scatterer is available on spacedock if you want to investigate.  I'll be away from my computer for 5-6 days so I can't test :/ or I mean you could just drop the old scatterer in with this version.  Eve and Laythe are the only bodies with custom cfgs

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Berlin said:

I never noticed it so I'm unsure.  The old download (1.0.3)  that is all packaged together with the old scatterer is available on spacedock if you want to investigate.  I'll be away from my computer for 5-6 days so I can't test :/ or I mean you could just drop the old scatterer in with this version.  Eve and Laythe are the only bodies with custom cfgs

I will try to investigate when I can but it also might not be anytime soon...

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Either way it isn't anything game breaking, just an eye sore :P

 

42 minutes ago, MaximilianPs said:

Yes but it broke my sanity :confused:

I was thinking, and I want someone to try this.  Go into the clouds.cfg and delete the Kerbin atmosphere layer.  Then try it and see if it fixes it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MaximilianPs said:

Yes but it broke my sanity :confused:

do u happen to have the same problem with some light sources? I remember that custom Nvidia settings may cause this.
i.e. transparancy AA.

Did u check that u have NO custm settings in your nvidia control panel for KSP?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Berlin said:

 

I was thinking, and I want someone to try this.  Go into the clouds.cfg and delete the Kerbin atmosphere layer.  Then try it and see if it fixes it.  

If anyone tests this please report your findings here

Edited by Berlin
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Berlin said:

If anyone tests this please report your findings here

You're right, that could be a reason, though I never vitnessed this effect here. I had a look at the trees with SVE using atmo layers and don't see anything unusual. (running KSP 64bit without any starting options)
trees1.jpg

trees3.jpg

The only thing I saw is the usual issue combining trees with scatterer's distance mist, causing it to be in front of the trees:
trees2.jpg

 

If anybody with the mentioned effect could please test it by removing the three "Kerbin-Atmo..." layer entries in clouds.cfg?

Edited by Tekener
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaximilianPs said:

I really like the new version, which works great :)
... but I've some problem with trees and clouds
7S10dy4.jpg

Any advice to fix it ? 

Do you have BoulderCo installed? If so, delete it. Does that help?

Edited by Wildcat111
Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...