Galileo

[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 6:45 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

It does :)

I have 1.7.3 with Making History and Breaking Ground.  with SVE Stock texture enhancement, distant objects, scatter, Kapernicus ( it's just been updated for 1.7.2) installed.  This works great.  BTW  make sure you do a fly-by over Kerbins poles to see the borealis effects. looks cool.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/y7nqchiu/

Edited by grimbergamer
forgot to add Kapernicus

On 3/3/2019 at 10:48 AM, Pie82 said:

I originally suspected the mod as I couldn’t recreate the issue without it installed. With it installed it always happened on a reasonably complex ship flying thru the cloud layer. Just to be clear it was not the mod just my crappy hardware :-)

Beats me why the PSU was causing this. Since swapping the PSU and cabling it right it hasn’t happened again. Previously it was easy to recreate. Was a hunch based on the evidence, the machine would power cycle with no log, error or bsod. I’ve not seen a modern OS do that in years so the most logical thing was the power supply. It completely powered off for a few seconds then back on so different from a reboot. Could have been other things but the PSU is the easiest and cheapest thing to change so tried that first. 

At the points where it used to reset you now just get the standard short stutter. Since only the PSU changed - no windows update, no driver update, no KSP update or even mod update - the PSU must have been it. The original was a cheap no-name one. I couldn’t begin to tell you why only KSP caused this. It was driving me nuts for over a week.

Thank you for pointing that out in detail. I think i have the same problem. All other games run super smooth on ultra settings and 4k, except for KSP with RSSVE and volumetric clouds. Same think like on your machine... no shutdown or crash to desktop, just loosing power for a few seconds, as it looks like. If i turn off the clouds from rssve the problem dissappears. I will try to borrow another psu, to test if that is the case here too.

I just wanted to take a second to thank you for making this mod, absolutely amazing. Can't believe I can use it w/o scatterer on my work laptop, and actually enjoy ksp while I am "working". ^^ Thank you. Awesome 10/10 mod!! 

Sorry to post twice on here, just wanted to let you know, front page links SVE Textures to 1.0.7 , but page 120 links to SVE Textures 1.0.8. Not sure if that matters, but thought I would let you know. Still my favorite mod of all time!!  

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Fasterz said:

Hi, is there a compatible version with my version of the game that is 1.7.1 ? Because that the https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases does not work.

It works. I can’t help unless you provide logs and a screenshot of your GameData folder.

make sure you have the latest EVE and SVE Textures

Edited by Galileo

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Fasterz said:

Hi, is there a compatible version with my version of the game that is 1.7.1 ? Because that the https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases does not work.

Welcome to the forums.

If you're having a problem with KSP and a mod, then please read and follow the general guidelines in the topic below.  It should help you respond to Galileo's post.

KSP and its interactions with mods are complex and the information you provide will go a long way to helping mod authors and other forum denizens assist you in getting the game running the way you want it.  Be proactive.

Edited by Brigadier
Spelling error

Posted (edited)

Hi, thank , Rockete and Galieo for the reply, now i'm on 1.7.3 and i have download correctly :

As is required.

Here is the result :

1564468880-20190730084034-1.png

:( , i don't understand.

Edited by Fasterz

5 hours ago, Fasterz said:

Hi, thank , Rockete and Galieo for the reply, now i'm on 1.7.3 and i have download correctly :

As is required.

Here is the result :

1564468880-20190730084034-1.png

:( , i don't understand.

Post your logs, and a screenshot of your GameData folder 

1564560218-01.jpg

I have try to use a config for Eve, it did not change anything.

1564560220-02.jpg

What do you mean by logs ? How am i ginving you this ?

7 hours ago, Fasterz said:

What do you mean by logs ? How am i ginving you this ?

Follow the link in my signature.