Jump to content

[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]


Galileo
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all

I am using v.1.10 of KSP and installed EVE Redux as well as SVE.

https://imgur.com/a/xY6K9Sx

When I start KSP, EVE is appearing but it says that no Configs are available, even though they are in the game folder.

The mods I use for testing are:

- Distant Object
- EVE
- PlanetShine
- Scatterer

How do I point EVE to the right configs?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The latest version of Scatterer seems to not be working properly with OPM and SVE. I'm not sure where to post about this so I'm posting about this both in the Scatterer forum and here. Sorry if this is irritating .

Laythe's clouds are fine in some places but are bright red or yellow in others. This happens weather or not OPM is installed.

Spoiler

EGxUmKv.png

9KxodP5.png

 

Teko is actullay sort of improved because there actually is atmospheric scattering for it in the first place but its clouds are black.

Spoiler

wbl2d9m.png

WzMU2y7.png

 

Urlum is now a very dark green and texturless.

Spoiler

V2267nn.png

QYNMsbJ.png

 

Sarnus and Neiden are both greener than usually but I was able to fix that by adjusting thier Scatterer configs.

I would include a log file with all of this but, I don't know which one I need to include or how to include it. Sorry.


Also I just want to say that the new version is absolutly amazing. I especially appreciate the fix to the  horizon like artifacts visible through the terrain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ozzy.R said:

I would include a log file with all of this but, I don't know which one I need to include or how to include it. Sorry.

Time to learn, I'll wager :P

Read the post at

Find the player.log and/or KSP.log file (they aren't the same, are located in different places, and one or the other are sometimes preferred by different modders) upload it to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc, get the link to the file and post the link here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Ozzy.R, ran across the Red Laythe issue as well.

Also, thanks to you, I for the first time realized that SVE features OPM configs. The description in the OP is somewhat contradictory... but it would go a long way towards explaining why I've got major cloud problems when trying to combine SVE and Pood's clouds mod.

Update: so I've been able to fix the Red Laythe issue by rolling back to 0.0772. However, the clouds elsewhere are getting messed up and nothing shows up on the OPM planets. By going back to the version the mod was compiled for - 0.054 - I ended up with transparent oceans. Which Scatterer version am I supposed to roll back to?

Edited by DDE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/16/2022 at 2:18 PM, tremonthedgehog said:

How would I make the City Ground texture disappear?

You can remove them from within the EVE control panel, or you can go into SVE's folder and delete the city lights textures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

I tried this after wanting to try volumetric clouds and i saw that the clouds, from every view, even menu screen view, were very pixelated. When i passed through the clouds all was fine but the clouds from a distance were pixelated. I am using the medium res textures. (i have scatterer installed if that's a problem as well?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to get the Jool rings to work, they are there but really faint? I remember them being BIG and majestic.

Picture below;
wYzGa62.png

I can't see the dust storms on Duna, what i mean by that is i cant see any duststroms from space on Duna nor find one when landed on Duna and time warping either, and overall duna looks all wonky in general
Picture below;
7ANmEJZ.png

Laythe is doing this thing where it has a ghost like atmosphere, it moves around when I move the camera.
Pictures below;
oKj4iSy.png

7CVa1VP.png
What mods i have goten so far are;

SVE v1.4.1 with HighResTextures,
Kopernicus v1.12.1-139
EVE Redux v1.11.7.1,
Scatterer v0.0838.

Had to delete; [To fix the visual glitches with Scatterer]
GameData\StockVisualEnhancements\SVE_Scatterer

Choose to delete; [Just dont like city lights, fook light pollution am I right?]
GameData\StockVisualEnhancements\SVE_Configs\SVE_CityLights.cfg

Screenshot of the game data folder,
DbHsgz2.png

Player.log[Link]

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Vphurple Izumi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Vphurple Izumi, SVE hasn't been updated in years and is likely not compatible with the latet versions of its dependencies.  I know for certain that scatterer v0.08+ can break stuff that's has been updated for it.  I recommend reverting to scatterer 0.0772.  I don't know if the current EVE works or not.  You might have to roll back to an earlier version of it as well.

I also see you have SVT installed.  I strongly recommend against that.  SVT was made for a very old version of KSP that had pretty poor terrrain quality.  Stock KSP now comes with improved terrain that is far better than what you can get with SVT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

@Vphurple Izumi, SVE hasn't been updated in years and is likely not compatible with the latet versions of its dependencies.  I know for certain that scatterer v0.08+ can break stuff that's has been updated for it.  I recommend reverting to scatterer 0.0772.  I don't know if the current EVE works or not.  You might have to roll back to an earlier version of it as well.

I also see you have SVT installed.  I strongly recommend against that.  SVT was made for a very old version of KSP that had pretty poor terrrain quality.  Stock KSP now comes with improved terrain that is far better than what you can get with SVT.

Talking about updates I went looked through the old releases of SVE and did find one that give me proper Jool rings
Cool Pic of em,
L8NE0WI.png

scatterer v0.08+ did break the clouds completly for Laythe and screwed up shading for the rest but that was just a config conflict so i just removed  SVE_Scatterer config files complelty, that fixed everything with the clouds but Laythe still keeps its "exosphere" looking layer, but that is very minor so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now i wonder if there is a config out there that just add dust storms to planets.

As for the SVT folder checked and it's just empty i just forgot to delete it. [Have a old zip file i use for the GameData folder :P], tho yes Ksp has come far in terms of terrain quality now, maybe I should just remove it from my archive in general but well I am a bit lazy lol.

Again thanks for the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Vphurple Izumi said:

As for the SVT folder checked and it's just empty i just forgot to delete it.

Just FYI - to other mods, an empty folder can be the same thing as the mod being installed - folder presence and their names are significant info during KSP startup, whether the folders are empty or not. Best policy for modded installs that don't want continued headaches: be insanely protective over the contents of the GameData folder, and have a reason and justification for every folder in there, no extra files or folders - just MM and active mod folders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Vphurple Izumi said:

scatterer v0.08+ did break the clouds completly for Laythe and screwed up shading for the rest but that was just a config conflict so i just removed  SVE_Scatterer config files complelty, that fixed everything with the clouds but Laythe still keeps its "exosphere" looking layer, but that is very minor so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you have scatterer installed but have deleted SVE_Scatterer, then you are getting scatterer's default configs and textures.  That might be OK for your purposes, but it's not SVE.  If you want SVE's scatterer configs and textures, then you should reinstall SVE_Scatterer and revert to the older version of scatterer.

10 hours ago, Vphurple Izumi said:

Now i wonder if there is a config out there that just add dust storms to planets.

The dust storms in SVE have been turned off.  I don't know the reason for this, but I'm guessing they either didn't work properly or were causing some problem.  If you want to try turning them back on, you can find the config for them in the file StockVisualEnhancements/SVE_Configs/SVE_Clouds.cfg.  If you scroll down you'll find the config for Duna-DustStorms,  It hasn't been removed, just commented out so it doesn't execute.  If you want to reenable it, just remove the comment tags // to the left of each line.  I make no promises about what will happen if you do this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Just FYI - to other mods, an empty folder can be the same thing as the mod being installed - folder presence and their names are significant info during KSP startup, whether the folders are empty or not. Best policy for modded installs that don't want continued headaches: be insanely protective over the contents of the GameData folder, and have a reason and justification for every folder in there, no extra files or folders - just MM and active mod folders. 

Got you, i ended up deleting it,

Also i found the Duna-DustStorms in the config and it has been turned off so i turned it back on again,
uolP0IT.png
Changed to 
9YHEqLr.png

Open up EVEcloud manager apply them then save and it works just fine, that is until I reopen the game then the dust storms become white like any other cloud :/ 
iIPtZDH.png

FcBR21c.png

Edited by Vphurple Izumi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...