[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Just now, Berlin said:

Ours is about the same but I would put 6 at the bottom 

I thought the same thing, but I looked at 3 harder, and I realized that I just didn't like it as much as 6 simply because 3 has less color variety, and is also a really bright (and kinda nauseating) shade of green.

Just now, Anase Skyrider said:

I thought the same thing, but I looked at 3 harder, and I realized that I just didn't like it as much as 6 simply because 3 has less color variety, and is also a really bright (and kinda nauseating) shade of green.

Yeah I made those textures on my surface pro 3 and when I saw them on my actual work place,  they looked way different and 3 wasn't as good as I had thought 

Thanks for awesome mod man, i really like how it looks but there is one small problem i have;

Like every cloud mod, this one too has extreme dense cloud cover, is there any way i can make them lesser? i feel like flying inside cloud soup.

I dont want to sound like critizing your work, i have no right to do that, just wanted to know if i have option to do lessen clouds a bit.

19 hours ago, Berlin said:

I mean if I wanted to,  I could make Jool have an atmosphere made of jelly beans and gummy bears with a vortex of twizzlers and still be correct. :D

Kerbals everywhere have just signed up en masse for the first trip to Jool. SNACKS!

Preferred 2 myself - obviously in the minority here, but the green-to-brown color scape worked for me - more distinctive. The rest aren't bad either, especially if those eyes ARE rotating, but the color palate for 2 was the household favorite here.

Freakin AWESOME!  Really Really appreciated you splitting the MOD up, helps massive amounts for me.

Coffee donation your way (2 x UK coffee).

AND.. ON CKAN.. Great!! (I know it's the spwan of the devil but helps soooo much in updating large modded installs).

Keep it up mate, the visual stuff enhancing in KSP REALLY makes the game.

If only you and @Proot would get together and release one total Graphic redux. Just for giggles!

:cool:

Edited by FizzerUK

On 7/18/2016 at 4:29 PM, Berlin said:

YES? NO?

That last one is a little too red for my taste as well. I like #1 from the previous 4 images and I would love to see a half-dozen or so storms on it... especially if they're swirling! I mean, if people want it to be less like Jupiter then I'd say a dozen swirling storms would do the trick :P

Hey, it's me again. I "fixed" the landing gear/lights transparency glitch.

screenshot463.png

I say "fix" because I might have screwed up something else in the process. My "fix" consisted of setting the "shadow factor" level of all Kerbin clouds to 0, in the shadow material. I don't know if this ruins anything; I assume it does, but I could not notice anything obvious in my short testing.

You have to do it to every cloud layer in Kerbin that has a shadow factor different than zero. Note that you have to do it in game, because some don't show up in the .cfg.

I also deleted the aurora; might or might not affect it. I assume setting its shadow factor to 0, if it isn't already, would suffice.

Edit: I'll post a custom config in a bit for you guys to try.

Edit: Here it is. As I said, I just went into the in-game settings menu and set the shadow factor to 0 in everything I could in the CloudsManager. Replace this in your GameData>StockVisualEnhancements>EVE>Atmosphere.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpgf9x2r71l1etv/clouds.cfg?dl=0

Edited by TGSAP

29 minutes ago, TGSAP said:

You have to do it to every cloud layer in Kerbin that has a shadow factor different than zero. Note that you have to do it in game, because some don't show up in the .cfg.

I also deleted the aurora; might or might not affect it. I assume setting its shadow factor to 0, if it isn't already, would suffice.

Edit: I'll post a custom config in a bit for you guys to try.

Edit: Here it is. As I said, I just went into the in-game settings menu and set the shadow factor to 0 in everything I could in the CloudsManager. Replace this in your GameData>StockVisualEnhancements>EVE>Atmosphere.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpgf9x2r71l1etv/clouds.cfg?dl=0

I have yet to see the issue others are having but if this indeed fixes it (more testing is probably needed)  then could I please include this as an optional DL I'm the OP

Just now, Berlin said:

I have yet to see the issue others are having but if this indeed fixes it (more testing is probably needed)  then could I please include this as an optional DL I'm the OP

Absolutely, just credit me in some way I guess. If there are no ill side effects to my edits, feel free to simply add them to the normal download, too.

Does it mean with this fix the clouds will not case any shadows on the ground anymore?

Currently clouds will have a shadow moving with them over the ground depending on the sun light direction - like clouds will do. Is setting the  shadow factor to zero removing them?

41 minutes ago, Tekener said:

Does it mean with this fix the clouds will not case any shadows on the ground anymore?

Currently clouds will have a shadow moving with them over the ground depending on the sun light direction - like clouds will do. Is setting the  shadow factor to zero removing them?

I did some testing and I think that is exactly it! Thanks for the catch! However, most of the glitch was actually caused by the uniform shadow of the three layers of atmosphere. If you put the shadow factor zero on them, it will simply be slightly brighter, and it's already enough to mostly remove the glitch. However, when a cloud casts shadow over you, it returns.

To me, the atmosphere shadow can be removed with no great loss. The cloud shadow is a very subtle effect, much more subtle than the blatant glitches it causes (in my computer), so personally I will do without the cloud shadows. But now people can make an informed decision, at least!

Edit: Reminding that all this can be changed at any time, in game, so you can simply give the clouds/atmosphere their shadows back or take them away depending on what you are going to do and what is your "graphical priority" at the time.

Edited by TGSAP

On 7/7/2016 at 0:32 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Ahh... :wink: I'm curious if you'll be reaping the full benefits of Kopernicus :) - There's a lot of intriguing effects that can be had with it, none of which I understand though. Have you ever considered working with @Proot? I've always thought it would be interesting to see an official SVE-KSPRC combination, especially seeing your new release.

This. I manually combined them but would LOVE to see a bundled version of my two favorite texture mods.

I'll just leave these here

@Berlin @blackrack @Proot

Stock Visual Enhancements+KSPRC+scatterer 

Edited by JDarksword

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.