[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

AHHAHAHAHHH Berlin!!!! I'V DONE IT!!!!! i'v created a fix for Astronomers Visuals!!!!! it works for 1.1.3. I'V BEEN TRYING TO FIX IT FOR MONTHS!!! :D As Much as i love your mod and it is so much more stable i'm gonna check out my working visuals to try to bug hunt! :D

Just now, Matchlight said:

AHHAHAHAHHH Berlin!!!! I'V DONE IT!!!!! i'v created a fix for Astronomers Visuals!!!!! it works for 1.1.3. I'V BEEN TRYING TO FIX IT FOR MONTHS!!! :D As Much as i love your mod and it is so much more stable i'm gonna check out my working visuals to try to bug hunt! :D

im very glad for you!

Thanks, would it be ok for my to post and give a download for the fix, I'm sure a lot of people would be happy that it can be revived :D

i'm getting 40fps starring at the clouds, i'm gonna go back and see how much i can bump them up :D

5 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Thanks, would it be ok for my to post and give a download for the fix, I'm sure a lot of people would be happy that it can be revived :D

i'm getting 40fps starring at the clouds, i'm gonna go back and see how much i can bump them up :D

that's not up to me unfortunately :( i would go back and look at what kind of license astronomer had on his mod. if it allows for it than, yes, you can post it here

Incredible Thanks man! :D

On duna, instead of 3-6fps i'm still getting 30-40fps!!! :D ahaahhhahaa i'm overjoyed :D

I would like to apologise for my childish behaviour, but you have no idea how many hours i have spent trying to find a fix :D

I'll ask Nathan Kell (The creator of AVP) if i can, even if i can, i will have to figure out a way to post the folders., i'll have to label them according like because at the minute it's Clouds, Cloouds, Clooouds, Cloooouds and so on, i had to do this otherwise you would have to overwrite them, and that would disable the mod. Would you know how i could post it so you get a Zip file and just drag the folders in?

I'll ask Nathan Kell (The creator of AVP) if i can, even if i can, i will have to figure out a way to post the folders., i'll have to label them according like because at the minute it's Clouds, Cloouds, Clooouds, Cloooouds and so on, i had to do this otherwise you would have to overwrite them, and that would disable the mod. Would you know how i could post it so you get a Zip file and just drag the folders in?

you can use dropbox.. also i don't believe NathanKell  was the creator.... I'm positive it was Astronomer

Although so far i am having only 1 issue... And thats that the Duna sandstorms are not showing up, if you give me permission i can try and implement your storms into AVP and i can attempt to optimize the memory usage of the storms to 'up' the framerate during a storm :D

1 minute ago, Matchlight said:

Although so far i am having only 1 issue... And thats that the Duna sandstorms are not showing up, if you give me permission i can try and implement your storms into AVP and i can attempt to optimize the memory usage of the storms to 'up' the framerate during a storm :D

you can try

Nope you're right, it is astronomer, maybe Nathan Kell did something else? Either way i can write an implement config, it shouldn't be to hard. I can take out all the things from your mod regarding it, edit the configurations so they match up with the ones of AVP and whallah, Storms on Duna. But if we were to implement your storms, it technically wouldn't be astronomer's visuals anymore. We could just try and get his/her permission to take over/ own it and work on it together :D providing of course everyong is fine with that :D

Nope you're right, it is astronomer, maybe Nathan Kell did something else? Either way i can write an implement config, it shouldn't be to hard. I can take out all the things from your mod regarding it, edit the configurations so they match up with the ones of AVP and whallah, Storms on Duna. But if we were to implement your storms, it technically wouldn't be astronomer's visuals anymore. We could just try and get his/her permission to take over/ own it and work on it together :D providing of course everyong is fine with that :D

Good luck getting a hold of him lol.  Just so you know,  as much as I like astronomers stuff,  I'm gonna stick to what I have put together here. It has become my baby,  ya know?  If you get everything  up and running then I would suggest, and of course get permission if needed,   to start your own thread for the mod,  AVP revived perhaps?  You post it here,  I'm afraid it won't get the attention it should garner :)

Sounds great m8! Well, i have quite a bit of work to do :D at the minute i'm just ensuring everything is working correctly, then i will implement sandstorms. After that i will try and get a hold of Astronomer :D and after that i will post it here :D

Edited by Matchlight

3 hours ago, Berlin said:

No, it has appeared in every version, of every mod, since 1.1, that uses scatterer, as it is a known scatterer issue. Maybe you just noticed?

Oh my...  The issue was solved by locking the framerate at 49... 

3 hours ago, Falcon Coupe said:

I am having the exact same 'white kerbin' issue as worsin. Fine for a bit after I start the game then it turns white. I haven't had a chance to do any troubleshooting though. I have ever setting in scatterer turned on and all the graphics settings right up.

On 7/29/2016 at 3:00 PM, worsin said:

I have problems with this mod.  Ive tried everything i can think of to get it to work right but all that happens is Kerbin turns white after a few min of playing.  See the screenshot below

http://tinyurl.com/hkdaccv

I have ruled out the following as potential causes based on various posts I've read.

Trajectories
PlanetShine
Scatterer
Nvidia SLI

Ive also tried manually installing but everything i do results in white kerbin.

Also its probably important to note that when i first load the game it works fine, only after i have switched active ships a few times or switched map views does this happen.

Here is a link to the mods I have installed right now.

http://pastebin.com/cc5bYXsc

Ok  finally was able to replicate the issue.  It is not a SVE issue but a SVT issue with kopernicus. I'm currently trying to figure out why it's happening.  The only way I have figured out to fix it while in game is,  when you want to switch to another ship,  go back to the space center and select your ship through the tracking station. As soon as I get a fix I'll update the mod..  Until then just use the inconvenient method of using the tracking station.  Sorry for the bug.  

Nope... my fixes aren't working :(

Are you trying to use the configs from astronomers or are you porting them to the new Eve style? I'll tell you right now,  the old ones won't work 

what do you mean?

Are you try to use using astronomers old clouds.cfg with the new EVE?  If so,  it won't work.  You will have to take a look at my cfg for how they need to be written now. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.