[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

8 minutes ago, StormxWolf said:

How can I disable them? I'm sorry in advance if this was posted elsewhere, I tried finding it in the OP but couldn't.

Hit Alt+0 and toggle over until you see clouds manager.  Click on kerbin-mainclouds and scroll down until you see layervolume. Click that and hit apply. If your performance is better,  click save

1 hour ago, Francois424 said:

It looks pretty close to the one showcased in this youtube video : https://youtu.be/SEvziceJXMM?t=1m46s (up to 2m24 sec). 

I cannot be 100% sure however... but the video is dated Oct. 5th 2015, and the mod was updated a month before.

Pretty sure that's the one...

In case you you are checking in details, it's the one with the orange clouds in the upper atmosphere and yet still show a green Tekto if viewed from space.

ok so i got tekto looking good, but here is the thing, with that many volume layers, the performance is terrible to i changed it just a little. Ill show pics in a little while

12 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

I'd like to request the one with terrible performances as well, even if you don't make it public, if only to give it a shot with my system.

Thanks again. :)

well i just upgraded my rig to a gtx1070 from a gtx980 and it slows me down to a whopping 12 fps.
with the new EVE and the new particle system, that many volume layers just wont work anymore.

1vmiNlG.png

here is what im working on right now

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

well i just upgraded my rig to a gtx1070 from a gtx980 and it slows me down to a whopping 12 fps.
with the new EVE and the new particle system, that many volume layers just wont work anymore.

1vmiNlG.png

here is what im working on right now

:0.0:

1 hour ago, Francois424 said:

Looking good so far.

So green from the outside, a bit of orange when entering, then green on the floor (or just above)... This will be so sweet to land on it again

so i just finished

that about as close as i can get it

AduQnfb.png

HERE is the link for it. The README has installation instructions.

Now this has me wanting to create a visual enhancement pack for OPM.. That was pretty fun. How this is received will determine if i do it or not i suppose. if i had more time i think i could do some cool things with OPM

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

so i just finished

that about as close as i can get it

AduQnfb.png

HERE is the link for it. The README has installation instructions.

Now this has me wanting to create a visual enhancement pack for OPM.. That was pretty fun. How this is received will determine if i do it or not i suppose. if i had more time i think i could do some cool things with OPM

I've installed it, I've send a ship with a 1-2 capsule equipped with parachutes.   But I'm out of time for today and must start getting ready for work (slowly but surely).

So arrival tonight most likely.  Looking very good from what you've posted here so not worried... but I still wanted to check it out asap. :)

12 hours ago, Galileo said:

Hit Alt+0 and toggle over until you see clouds manager.  Click on kerbin-mainclouds and scroll down until you see layervolume. Click that and hit apply. If your performance is better,  click save

So I found out that Pixel Light Count and Shadow Cascades were tanking my framerate (any idea why?) I set them both to 0, re-enabled volumetric clouds and scatterer just to get smooth frames. Do you think there will be any noticeable loss in quality with both of those settings low? I suppose in the end SVE makes it worth it :P.

3 minutes ago, StormxWolf said:

So I found out that Pixel Light Count and Shadow Cascades were tanking my framerate (any idea why?) I set them both to 0, re-enabled volumetric clouds and scatterer just to get smooth frames. Do you think there will be any noticeable loss in quality with both of those settings low? I suppose in the end SVE makes it worth it :P.

tbh I don't know if there will be a difference.  I'd say just try it. If that what makes it work for you then it doesn't really seem like there is a choice. 

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

Now this has me wanting to create a visual enhancement pack for OPM.

What's that I hear? Thunderous applause... well from me at least. Just please don't burn out as we need you here when the next version of KSP hits and destroys all our mod compatibility. 

4 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

What's that I hear? Thunderous applause... well from me at least. Just please don't burn out as we need you here when the next version of KSP hits and destroys all our mod compatibility. 

Well I don't forsee anymore updates until then. Hopefully 1.2 won't kill EVE.  I haven't seen @rbray89 around in a while so hopefully he is back by that time too

11 hours ago, Francois424 said:

I've installed it, I've send a ship with a 1-2 capsule equipped with parachutes.   But I'm out of time for today and must start getting ready for work (slowly but surely).

So arrival tonight most likely.  Looking very good from what you've posted here so not worried... but I still wanted to check it out asap. :)

Can't wait for you to try it.  Hope you like it! 

Hello all,

I have an issue with the installation of SVE 1.0.82 on KSP 1.1.3.

When I try with CKAN, I get an error (CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, module not available).

I tried a manual installation but KSP crashes on start for the 64bits version. The classic version starts but here is how it looks in the start screen:

B6BA98C933800C1D526C31220004D365273BFEF4

I tried also by removing all previous installed mods and just placing SVE in the Gamedata folder, same crash on 64bits version.

Here is my GameData folder.

GameData1.PNG

GameData2.PNG

Any idea where the problem could be? This mod is really good, I can't do without it :P

Thanks

Cam'

Edited by cameleon33

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Can't wait for you to try it.  Hope you like it! 

I just did a picture snapshot of my evening on the thread "what did you do today", and my comment about it below.

In a nutshell:  Gorgeous and well done.  Thank you.

Edited by Francois424

58 minutes ago, cameleon33 said:

Hello all,

I have an issue with the installation of SVE 1.0.82 on KSP 1.1.3.

When I try with CKAN, I get an error (CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, module not available).

I tried a manual installation but KSP crashes on start for the 64bits version. The classic version starts but here is how it looks in the start screen:

B6BA98C933800C1D526C31220004D365273BFEF4

I tried also by removing all previous installed mods and just placing SVE in the Gamedata folder, same crash on 64bits version.

Here is my GameData folder.

GameData1.PNG

GameData2.PNG

Any idea where the problem could be? This mod is really good, I can't do without it :P

Thanks

Cam'

Try a fresh manual install with no other mods installed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.