[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

24 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Ground scatter can be toggled off depending on how immersive breaking one finds it. Personally I find the lack of at least a few cities more disturbing. 

We should all know by know that Kerbals live under ground. :wink:

6 hours ago, Galileo said:

We should all know by know that Kerbals live under ground. :wink:

And with good reason. At least the view was beautiful as my prototype UR-700 exploded at the second stage ignition.

784JHsE.png

Hello, I adore this mod, it makes the game look fantastic, but I have a small question: I use SVT, and like all mods that alter Kerbin's terrrain it makes the loading in between KSC facilities painfully long (it can take more than 20 minutes) so I want to remove the terrain altering for Kerbin (but not for any other celestial bodies), I have deleted (not permanently) the Kerbin.cfg file from SVEKopernicus, will that be enough to remove the terrain alterations on kerbin or do i have to delete the terrain files ? Also, if you know any way to make the loading faster but keep the textures on Kerbin please let me know, if there is no way to accomplish that i'm still fine with stock Kerbin textures.

20 minutes ago, Antonio432 said:

Hello, I adore this mod, it makes the game look fantastic, but I have a small question: I use SVT, and like all mods that alter Kerbin's terrrain it makes the loading in between KSC facilities painfully long (it can take more than 20 minutes) so I want to remove the terrain altering for Kerbin (but not for any other celestial bodies), I have deleted (not permanently) the Kerbin.cfg file from SVEKopernicus, will that be enough to remove the terrain alterations on kerbin or do i have to delete the terrain files ? Also, if you know any way to make the loading faster but keep the textures on Kerbin please let me know, if there is no way to accomplish that i'm still fine with stock Kerbin textures.

Try deleting the module manager cache see if that helps on loading.  But yes just delete the Kerbin cfg and that is all.  But svt shouldn't be causing long loading times.  That sounds like limitation of your hardware. I don't think removing kerbins cfg is going to help all that much as ALL celestial bodies are loaded at once and most use some of the textures that kerbin does,  so even if you delete kerbins cfg those textures are being still being loaded for other bodies. The game not loading 6 textures isn't going to make a big difference.  I do have a very light weight version on Space Dock. Have you tried that? 

Edited by Galileo

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

Try deleting the module manager cache see if that helps on loading.  But yes just delete the Kerbin cfg and that is all.  But svt shouldn't be causing long loading times.  That sounds like limitation of your hardware. I don't think removing kerbins cfg is going to help all that much as ALL celestial bodies are loaded at once and most use some of the textures that kerbin does,  so even if you delete kerbins cfg those textures are being still being loaded for other bodies. The game not loading 6 textures isn't going to make a big difference.  I do have a very light weight version on Space Dock. Have you tried that? 

The loading times were much faster after deleting Kerbin.cfg, I will try to use the lightweight version and see if it makes them even better. I'm just curious, do the lower settings SVE files look noticably worse than the high quality ones, because I'm ok with sacrificing performance for visuals ?

Edited by Antonio432

3 hours ago, Vive_moi said:

Hello,

Here are some screenshots from a journey to Kerbin eastern mountains.

jHEjhNG.png

http://imgur.com/a/6bt51

Thanks for the mod. There are lots of eye candy scenes.

See you,

Vive_moi

EDIT: Can't find how to insert the gallery in the post.

Very cool!  I need to explore more of Kerbin because thats beautiful! 

56 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Two ullage motors per booster? Why not a single one centerline, out of curiosity?

The strap-on boosters are 2.5m in diameter, and I prefer they get clear of the main vehicle quickly rather than drift off. And this Chelomei Star outdoes a Korolev Cross any day! :cool:

Also, the sep motors are built into the radial decouplers. No point reinventing things. 

Edited by Jack Wolfe

12 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

The strap-on boosters are 2.5m in diameter, and I prefer they get clear of the main vehicle quickly rather than drift off. And this Chelomei Star outdoes a Korolev Cross any day! :cool:

Also, the sep motors are built into the radial decouplers. No point reinventing things. 

Maybe this just shows how little I get to play, but which decouplers are those? I haven't seen any with the motors built in... mod?

4 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Maybe this just shows how little I get to play, but which decouplers are those? I haven't seen any with the motors built in... mod?

They're from Shadowmage's SSTU mod. The work he's done is simply brilliant.

2 hours ago, Tiverra said:

Hey i'm super new to ksp and downloaded SVE. The mod seems to be working but i don't get the clouds like in the screenshots. I have installed scatterer, SVE and Galileossunflares. Any idea?

Need more info than that.  Maybe some screenshots of your gamedata folder and some of what it looks like in game.  My guess is its installed incorrectly 

10 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

They're from Shadowmage's SSTU mod. The work he's done is simply brilliant.

Man, I'm trying to convince myself to keep away from risking my save with WIP mods, but everything I see from that mod is so cool. I've been wanting decouplers like that for ages.

Also, fantastic screenshot. :)

1 hour ago, fwdixon said:

I can't remember where I saw this before, so I'll just ask here. I have SVE installed and fly in to a cloud layer at 6000 that is invisible otherwise and seems to be covering all of Kerbin. How can I turn this layer off?

Are you talking about the atmo layer? I'll assume so.  You can delete it in the cfg, or you can Alt 0 in game and toggle over to cloud manager and scroll down until you see kerbal atmo low kerbal atmo mid and kerbal atmo high and disable the layer 2d button. 

15 hours ago, Galileo said:

Are you talking about the atmo layer? I'll assume so.  You can delete it in the cfg, or you can Alt 0 in game and toggle over to cloud manager and scroll down until you see kerbal atmo low kerbal atmo mid and kerbal atmo high and disable the layer 2d button. 

I thought you had set it up so the volumetric clouds didn't show unless there was an actual cloud cover there? I thought I read that in an earlier post...

12 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

I thought you had set it up so the volumetric clouds didn't show unless there was an actual cloud cover there? I thought I read that in an earlier post...

You are correct. I did,  that's why I don't know what he is talking about exactly.  The cloud atmo levels don't have volumetric clouds but what I think he is talking about is,  he happened to notice the atmo layer which is very transparent, covers the entire planet and is lined perfectly with with the main cloud layer so noticing it is very hard.  Can't please everyone.  Oh well. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.