Galileo

[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Recommended Posts

Just now, Galileo said:

couldnt sleep. How does 15 min sound?

You are a legend!

I can barely afford coffee currently, but I'll send a prayer your way that whatever sleep you get does what it needs to to see you through to class!  It's been a rough day I'm sure.

Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE

1.0.9

*Brings SVE to KSP version 1.2
*Added new particle for volumetric clouds.. not much different but a little more opaque
*Auroras now glow on dark side of Kerbin and Laythe
*Added a new sunflare

KNOWN ISSUES

*The main Menu looks a little funky. No big deal.

*EVE does some wierd things when you mess with the GUI in game. Leave it alone. Thats your warning. If you absolutely have to mess with the EVE settings, do it in the tracking station. The issues dont happen in there.
OK, If you happen to mess with them in game, perform a scene change and the issues should go away.

*Scatterer also has a few small bugs that im sure will be ironed out in the future. Sometimes the water disappears at the KSC, a scene change will remedy this. Messing with the EVE GUE also causes weirdness sometimes. Like i said earlier, your life will be easier if you just leave the GUI's alone for now while they are so touchy.

**DO NOT INSTALL EVE SEPERATELY, EVERYTHING IS BUNDLED IN THIS DOWNLOAD**

 

Download Link

 xO68iAc.jpg

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am new to SVE and wished to ask what exactly is bundled with it? As in what mods do I no longer need to install separately. EVE/Scatterer/Planetshine/Distant Object Enhancement etc. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did anyone encounter this? having this mod in 1.1.3 and when i added kerbal galaxy, in ksc view it would go up to 20 GB memory leak !!! but in other buildings or during the flight the memory would drop and released, asked kerbal galaxy developer but he had no idea, then i thought maybe this mod's scatterer was responsible because as soon as i added kerbal galaxy, in ksc view the ocean was gone and memory leak was there !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

did anyone encounter this? having this mod in 1.1.3 and when i added kerbal galaxy, in ksc view it would go up to 20 GB memory leak !!! but in other buildings or during the flight the memory would drop and released, asked kerbal galaxy developer but he had no idea, then i thought maybe this mod's scatterer was responsible because as soon as i added kerbal galaxy, in ksc view the ocean was gone and memory leak was there !!!

why dont u try to launch w/o scatterer then (its a standalone mod anyway) and if it fixes it, try scatterer with KerbalGalaxy only and perhaps report the leak to the scatterer thread?

SVE is not a "mod" itself, but a collection of configs and images to use other mods. so its quite likely that another mod causes the problems on your system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, i thought this mod had a separate fork of scattere because with the original developer's version, every now and then i would get nasty looking oceans but with the one packed in this mod there was no such thing, i will try your suggestion in 1.2 vanilla as soon as i get my hands on both mods :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to dredge up a topic that seems to have been put to bed for now, but the last couple of pages contained some unpleasantness that really should not have been handled publicly. Such issues should be reported for the moderators to handle, that's what we're here for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

oh, i thought this mod had a separate fork of scattere because with the original developer's version, every now and then i would get nasty looking oceans but with the one packed in this mod there was no such thing, i will try your suggestion in 1.2 vanilla as soon as i get my hands on both mods :D

as far as i know, galileo uses blackracks dev versions now and then if he distributes links to his current version in his thread - so following the original thread and reading all comments (especially by blackrack / galileo) u will be up to date with the newest version, even if the scatterer OP hasnt been updated to it, since blackrack is experimenting quite much and tries to get as much feedback as possible :wink:

just for reference

 

Edited by Speadge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, markal said:

I am new to SVE and wished to ask what exactly is bundled with it? As in what mods do I no longer need to install separately. EVE/Scatterer/Planetshine/Distant Object Enhancement etc. ?

This mod collection of cfgs,  @Speadge:D,  is packaged with distant object enhancements and custom scatterer cfgs. And EVE

The only thing you need out of that list is planetshine

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SkyKaptn said:

Oohh...clouds covering both hemispheres in menu screen :)

Yeah you forget that it can do that when you aren't using Kopernicus  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, markal said:

I am new to SVE and wished to ask what exactly is bundled with it? As in what mods do I no longer need to install separately. EVE/Scatterer/Planetshine/Distant Object Enhancement etc. ?

u might be fine, if u just clean up ur gamedata by all visual enhancements, copy SVE content from the download and install everything u want to have that is NOT already there :wink:

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Yeah you forget that it can do that when you aren't using Kopernicus  lol

hey galileo, i experienced this way back, that when using K. this issue appears.

Is there an explanation for it? As for why the moon-landing menuscreen never appears when using K.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Speadge said:

u might be fine, if u just clean up ur gamedata by all visual enhancements, copy SVE content from the download and install everything u want to have that is NOT already there :wink:

hey galileo, i experienced this way back, that when using K. this issue appears.

Is there an explanation for it? As for why the moon-landing menuscreen never appears when using K.?

You know,  I have no idea.  It's just been that way for a while.  Maybe the kopernicus dev will fix it when he decides to update for 1.2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally clouds in 1.2 again. Happy day. I have been flying the entire pre-release without and I missed those wispy layers :)

vodfKrV.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nhawks17 just so you are aware,  I removed all of my mods from spacedock due to my uploads constantly freezing at 99%. Including SVE. So if you want to delete the version on spacedock that you started to avoid confusion that would be cool 

Or if you want to leave it up and watch the world burn thats cool too :)

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Galileo said:

Duststorms i recieved from @Tekener where he got it, i dont know. 

atmo is seriously a transparent 32x16 rectangle. You got me. if you didn't notice my irresponsibly large Atmosphere.dds right next to im sorry. It may even just be a white square i dont think i have ever used it

Yeah, when I provided my files to you and the public I mentioned that I got the old duststorms on Duna from @Astronomer working again, keeping the correct rotation aspect even over a long period of time. The cloud graphics is "his", the configs are redone and newly calculated by me. 

Similar goes to the atmo layers he introduced earlyer on when there was no scatterer, which I also mentioned. The atmo file is from his pack, the configs as for duna redone to better match usage with scatterer. Using a plain small graphics instead of a pattern for a nearly unvisible cloud layer would be his idea, and if I would have wanted to steal it I could have redone that graphics in a different resolution :wink:

@Astronomer: It's great to see you back and I am sure nobody ever wanted to "steal" your work, we all tried hard to keep the things you invented alive - like the duststorms or the atmo layers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@galileo: did u consider including textureReplacer for high-res textures of the skybox or else?

edit: i know u are recommending it in the OP, but having a visual pack that includes this, might be fine.
looking for 8k-textures in the forums is taking some time as well.

Edited by Speadge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the day one 1.2 update for SVE, Gal. KSP just isn't the same without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!  I've missed SVE in pre-1.2.

And the SVE drama is better than the Mechjeb drama! :)

Edited by RoboRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Galileo said:

@Nhawks17 just so you are aware,  I removed all of my mods from spacedock due to my uploads constantly freezing at 99%. Including SVE. So if you want to delete the version on spacedock that you started to avoid confusion that would be cool 

Or if you want to leave it up and watch the world burn thats cool too :)

Will do :D 

 

Edit:

Apparently Spacedock doesn't want to let me :huh:

471a2c7ac6d84ae68659005034c462f9.png

Edited by Nhawks17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Will do :D 

 

Edit:

Apparently Spacedock doesn't want to let me :huh:

471a2c7ac6d84ae68659005034c462f9.png

Its like a clingy ex girlfriend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.