Galileo

[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Recommended Posts

4zyQPcD.png

You might want to put a mirror site. Github got a really slow download and make my download failed here. I already checked all 3 resolutions, all failed to download.

I will keep trying to download this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HazyHexagon said:

Hey guys, have ever noticed a black line along the curvature of the planet? It looks like a really aliased 1 or two pixel wide black line thats really choppy going around the planet.

 

http://imgur.com/ghwzvpt

 

http://imgur.com/a/0btxn

Like that.

Yes it's just a small thing with scatterer.  Its easy to ignore for me.  Maybe not for others but I'm sure blackrack knows about it.  iirc,  he has said something about it in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going through some old unreleased pictures of @Nhawks17 version of SVE. Its good to see how things have changed :D  

7s6Ou30.png

e7Qpoc0.png

7C3VvJn.png

pCY1y0d.jpg

I wish i could take new pictures but my computer wont let me :(  

 

Edited by sDaZe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yes it's just a small thing with scatterer.  Its easy to ignore for me.  Maybe not for others but I'm sure blackrack knows about it.  iirc,  he has said something about it in the past

Alrighty, hopefully it gets fixed. While its fairly easy to ignore, without it would honestly be icing on the cake of visual effects. Having smooth curvature would really add to immersion and realism. Any idea about settings to mess with to lessen this effect?

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yes it's just a small thing with scatterer.  Its easy to ignore for me.  Maybe not for others but I'm sure blackrack knows about it.  iirc,  he has said something about it in the past

Also i mean to ask you Galileo, do you have any idea why some people have issues with terrain shadows? I have to turn them off due to loads of flickering and z-fighting, but i know others dont get it. I have a really great rig, do you have suggestions for Bias setttings that could possibly work? 

Edited by HazyHexagon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HazyHexagon said:

Also i mean to ask you Galileo, do you have any idea why some people have issues with terrain shadows? I have to turn them off due to loads of flickering and z-fighting, but i know others dont get it. I have a really great rig, do you have suggestions for Bias setttings that could possibly work? 

I use the settings that come with scatterer.  Z fighting thing is normal.  Everyone that uses the terrain shadows gets it. If they say they don't,  they just haven't noticed yet.  The camera angle can cause these unwanted effects.   It's not perfect, but it's a cool feature that I'm sure will eventually get better.  If it's something you can't look past,  just turn it off. And It has nothing to do with your rig so that's something you don't have to worry about. 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, the clouds seem pretty blurry in my game compared to what I've seen. I'm using the high resolution version of SVE, but it's still oddly blurry. Is this a common bug, or just a limitation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bananashavings said:

Hmm, the clouds seem pretty blurry in my game compared to what I've seen. I'm using the high resolution version of SVE, but it's still oddly blurry. Is this a common bug, or just a limitation?

 Show some Pics and I'll be able to tell you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

 Show some Pics and I'll be able to tell you

Sure, I probably should have done that before hand, my bad. Gimme 5 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Galileo said:

 Show some Pics and I'll be able to tell you

Aight sorry for the wait. I reinstalled SVE and it looks much better than before: http://imgur.com/a/atbn4 (but very, very thin on my opinion)

 

This is kind of a longshot, but do you know of a way to make Kerbin's atmosphere and clouds more similar to this: TbNFbAq.gif

Edited by bananashavings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bananashavings said:

Aight sorry for the wait. I reinstalled SVE and it looks much better than before: http://imgur.com/a/atbn4

This is kind of a longshot, but do you know of a way to make Kerbin's atmosphere and clouds more similar to this:

Those screenshots are perfect.  It is possible to get kerbin to look like that but I'm not at a computer with ksp on it so I cant get on to see what values need to be changed in scatterer.  I won't be able to until tomorrow evening

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Aight sorry for the wait. I reinstalled SVE and it looks much better than before: http://imgur.com/a/atbn4 (but very, very thin on my opinion)

 

This is kind of a longshot, but do you know of a way to make Kerbin's atmosphere and clouds more similar to this: TbNFbAq.gif

That image was taken by @cobbman11 using gemfX and KSPRC if I recall correctly - that atmosphere you're talking about is actually a bloom effect created by gemfx, not the actual atmospheric effects if I call correctly. I don't know if it actually has scatterer in it but I assume it does? Cobbman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That image was taken by @cobbman11 using gemfX and KSPRC if I recall correctly - that atmosphere you're talking about is actually a bloom effect created by gemfx, not the actual atmospheric effects if I call correctly. I don't know if it actually has scatterer in it but I assume it does? Cobbman?

Yeah, I was guessing that he was using GemFX. Do you know of any way to thicken the clouds to make them more similar to those in the picture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Yeah, I was guessing that he was using GemFX. Do you know of any way to thicken the clouds to make them more similar to those in the picture?

Hm, the bloom effect is extremely good at that it basically takes the normal visuals and darkens what's dark while brightening what's bright. You could probably make them that thick by exaggerating the textures and colors but it would take work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, the bloom effect is extremely good at that it basically takes the normal visuals and darkens what's dark while brightening what's bright. You could probably make them that thick by exaggerating the textures and colors but it would take work.

Ah, ok. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Ah, ok. Thanks!

If you open the EVE GUI,  go to the Kerbin-MainClouds in the cloud manager and look for a value of 1E=07.

I forget the name of the value.  Change it to 2E=06 and the clouds should look thicker or not so transparent. You will lose some detail though until you get much closer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If you open the EVE GUI,  go to the Kerbin-MainClouds in the cloud manager and look for a value of 1E=07.

I forget the name of the value.  Change it to 2E=06 and the clouds should look thicker or not so transparent. You will lose some detail though until you get much closer

Sorry man, couldn't find anything with the value 1E=07. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bananashavings said:

Sorry man, couldn't find anything with the value 1E=07. :/

It's in there I promise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Heres a paste of MainClouds in settings.cfg: http://pastebin.com/fGNq4Y0L

Ah yeah I forgot I changed it last update. My bad.   

Change this

 _DetailDist = 0.450E-06

To this

 _DetailDist = 2E-06

 

You can play with the values to suit your tastes.  That setting determines how far away before the detail texture fades out.  Play around with and see if you can get a setting you like. 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ah yeah I forgot I changed it last update.  

Change this

 _DetailDist = 0.450E-06

To this

 _DetailDist = 2E-06

 

You can play with the values to suit your tastes.  That setting determines how far away before the detail texture fades out.  Play around with and see if you can get a setting you like. 

Awesome, thanks! I'll try and post some screen shots with that for comparison.  

 

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/U3h1B

Edited by bananashavings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Awesome, thanks! I'll try and post some screen shots with that for comparison.  

 

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/U3h1B

Are those before shots?  Being that close,  you probably won't see much difference unless you make the value like 2E=05.  Also I would suggest making the changes in game with Alt+0  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Galileo said:

All of those are definite possibilities.  I would try a fresh install of SVE and remove scatterer to see if that's the issue. If the performance is still bad,  try a fresh install of ksp if you can

Okay, so i just got around to doing some testing and here were my results

FULL SVE 18 FPS in atmo 40FPS in space looking at kerbin 60 FPS in space looking away from kerbin

SVE - Scatterer;20 FPS in atmo 44 FPS in space looking at kerbin 62 FPS in space looking away from kerbin

SVE - EVE 90 FPS in atmo 120 FPS in space looking at kerbin 140 FPS in space looking away from kerbin

SVE - EVE + Scatterer  110 FPS in atmo   ∞ FPS in space looking at kerbin  FPS in space looking away from kerbin.

So im assuming EVE might have something to do with the lag, i am going to try it again with an install of EVE from their forum post.

This is what the GameData folder should look like with the full install correct?

https://gyazo.com/59d1df6d8e0b28a50fed0a15fa65e437

 

Edited by treesniper12
added the picture of install

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, treesniper12 said:

Okay, so i just got around to doing some testing and here were my results

FULL SVE 18 FPS in atmo 40FPS in space looking at kerbin 60 FPS in space looking away from kerbin

SVE - Scatterer;20 FPS in atmo 44 FPS in space looking at kerbin 62 FPS in space looking away from kerbin

SVE - EVE 90 FPS in atmo 120 FPS in space looking at kerbin 140 FPS in space looking away from kerbin

SVE - EVE + Scatterer  110 FPS in atmo   ∞ FPS in space looking at kerbin  FPS in space looking away from kerbin.

So im assuming EVE might have something to do with the lag, i am going to try it again with an install of EVE from their forum post.

how could you run SVE without EVE?  If you can post a screenshot of your GameData folder that would help 

Everything looks fine in your GameData folder.  Now run the game and post your logs afterward.  I have no idea what is causing the performance issue.  If I can take a look at your logs it might help

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bananashavings said:

Aight sorry for the wait. I reinstalled SVE and it looks much better than before: http://imgur.com/a/atbn4 (but very, very thin on my opinion)

 

This is kind of a longshot, but do you know of a way to make Kerbin's atmosphere and clouds more similar to this: TbNFbAq.gif

The only thing I regret on this pic is the reflexion on solar panel and glass. :sticktongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.