[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

40 minutes ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Would it not be the graphic card?

39 minutes ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

Idk rly since I don't know what causes the lag of this mod.

That is actually not the problem at all. KSPs graphical optimization can rightfully be called non existent. Resources that are there will not be fully utilized at all, it will be half of what your gpu's and cpu's can do if you are lucky. I will write a lengthy post with screenshots on this topic in the suggestions forum today.

31 minutes ago, Sokar408 said:

Falling the install introductions basically yields what an early version of EVE would have, with clouds being weird on pretty much all planets. Something isn't right

Did you use the all in one version on Github? 

On 10/31/2016 at 0:49 PM, panzer1b said:

I did a very similar thing with my mod (but i didnt go that in depth to save on performance).

scXvbdB.png

Those effects are EVE based atmosphere rendering and are not reliant upon scatterer (never was a fan of scatterer's atmo renders myself).  If you want an example of how to do this just take a look at my mod here and mess with the "atmo" layer of kerbin.  I didnt go all out on the blue coloring as those pics but this is done in teh exact same way, just edit the color for the atmo layer to be something like 0, 0, 255 for maximum blueness...

Its not perfect (and im pretty sure we can agree your pics are better looking then what i have), but its the best i can do with virtually 0 performance issues (mid range rig, i can run my mod with 2 1000 part warships in low orbit, laggy but playeable)...

Hey, do you have a link to those fighters? I would really love to have them, I suck at building such, I'm a noob :P

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

Did you use the all in one version on Github? 

Yes. Particularly Duna looks completely off, with what appears to be clouds being way to close to the ground, and Kerbin looking no matter then default EVE.

1 minute ago, Sokar408 said:

Yes. Particularly Duna looks completely off, with what appears to be clouds being way to close to the ground, and Kerbin looking no matter then default EVE.

send me your output log and maybe a screenshot of your gamedata folder

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

could you also give me a screenshot of what you think looks wrong?

Its actually very hard to capture with just a screenshot. I'll try with several, but it'll be after my physics lecture is over :)

EDIT: One obvious things thats missing, is the atmospheric "glow".

Edited by Sokar408

EDIT: Also I have noticed playing around with your glares, that no matter the glare I use, the sun looks the same. It might be a problem with scatterer

Alright so here you can see what I mean:

l9fi1sc.png

R21nIJ0.png

Look at the "clouds/atmosphere". As I zoom in, its like its retreating into the planet. Very odd looking

Also as you can see here:

T5Sqxzq.png

There is almost no atmospheric "glow" or whatever its call :)

Edited by Sokar408

34 minutes ago, Sokar408 said:

EDIT: Also I have noticed playing around with your glares, that no matter the glare I use, the sun looks the same. It might be a problem with scatterer

Alright so here you can see what I mean:

l9fi1sc.png

R21nIJ0.png

Look at the "clouds/atmosphere". As I zoom in, its like its retreating into the planet. Very odd looking

Also as you can see here:

T5Sqxzq.png

There is almost no atmospheric "glow" or whatever its call :)

If you are looking at these in the tracking station,  that is normal.  Scatterer only works in flight. Everything is normal in those screenshots 

As for the clouds,  it just looks like that.  Those are dust storms that are visible from space.  There is nothing I can do about the artifacting that is going on there. It's not so noticeable if you were actually in flight

And also the sun flares do not work in the tracking station.  Only in flight. 

Edited by Galileo

22 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

So Duna and Kerbin use the default Scatterer proland textures. Gotcha, thanks. :D 

Yeah I'm pretty sure.  It's even so long since I messed with them.  I might have used custom textures on Duna too but it doesn't really matter

Well here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3g1rkd0uoortbb/SVE_Scatterer.zip?dl=0

That should allow you to remove the KSP/GameData/scatterer folder in your SVE distribution and therefore not overwrite any of Scatterer's files which makes CKAN life a hell of a lot easier and also makes compatibility with other mods a lot more simple.

I guess for you to test it, install SVE and all its other bits on a KSP install as you normally would, then delete the 'KSP/GameData/scatterer' folder, install the latest Scatterer, then install the .zip I linked. That should basically replicate stock Scatterer installed with SVE but this time, SVE is replacing default Scatterer with its own configs via MM configs.

Does that make sense?

Just now, RatchetinSpace said:

Hey, I love your mod and also your Stock Terrain Enhancements.

Have you any plans to add rain like you've added snow?

No plans for that as there isn't a way to implement it without killing performance.  If it was going to be implemented ,  it would have to be done as a shader in a mod like scatterer. But performance is still the issue. I have seen other try to use a rain shader in ksp and it was awful. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.