Quick Challenge: Lightest Craft to Orbit [Stock only] New Challenge #5!

...My engineers and I are loosing faith in continuing the challenge. I've tested over 45 prototypes and only 2 were entered into the challenge...

Dang, this is getting hard.

I do have a prototype currently still under testing. Unfortunately Bill's head keeps causing the craft to fly backwards. Has anyone created a solution for that yet? Also, should my sender of torque be in the centre of my craft or at the front?

Edit: I don't expect anyone to answer that,

Edited by EliteGuy3

well done, @foamyesque, that is very impressive! 

Although that was my 36th prototype (honest!) I never thought of clipping the Kerbal! 

*sigh* We're going to need less boosters...

Edit: Hey! We're setting record for the lightest craft to orbit!

Edited by EliteGuy3

16 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Any reason my 1730kg USC1b entry hasn't been listed?

crippling depression and existential dread mostly.

16 hours ago, foamyesque said:

How d'ye embed Imgur galleries hereabouts?

can't do that anymore till imgur sorts their life out

19 hours ago, EliteGuy3 said:

Unfortunately Bill's head keeps causing the craft to fly backwards. Has anyone created a solution for that yet?

Moving the seat down

Leaderboards will be updated tonight

Thanks.

Edit: You know what? Since I'm more of a monster from Undertale (greatest game ever (go get it)), I don't have enough determination to continue with this challenge. I simply do not have the skill set to fly a spin top, which can't even stand properly, to space. So I'm just going to make crazy plane  :D.

http://imgur.com/cQm1kde

Another Edit: hey @Nefrums, could you send me a link to the SSTO with 36T cargo challenge?

Edited by EliteGuy3

• 5 years later...
11 hours ago, ReeoNew said:

hey how can i submit a craft as i mad one with 0.546 t 

Hi @ReeoNew, welcome to the forum! Are you aware that you're responding to a 6 year old post? The OP hasn't logged in to this forum for more than 2 years, but I am willing to judge your submission. Do you have a screenshot of your craft in the VAB, so that its launch mass can be verified? Please be aware of the following rule (from the OP):

Your Crafts weight at launch is your score.

You can include pictures directly in your post by copying the image URL rather than the URL of the page containing the image. To get the image URL, right click on an image and select "Copy image link". Then paste that link in your post and your image will show up:

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

@ReeoNew Sorry to bother you again, but could you please tell me the exact parts that you have been using? I'm trying to replicate your design but my version falls short considerably with respect to dv (as in, my version has less than half of yours). Moreover, your design is considerably lighter than the other submissions to the challenge while at the same time being a rather straightforward design. So I'm wondering: have you been using any part mods that alter engine performance or add high performance engines not present in the stock game? Please keep in mind that OP banned all parts mods for this challenge:

No Game-Balance altering mods or addons;
Part mods, Re-balance mods, Resize mods, Enviroment altering mods

I would also like to see a screenshot of your rocket in flight, just after liftoff, with the staging / dv indicator at lower left and the resource tab on the right expanded so that I can see engine ISP and TWR as well as your propellant load-out.

Just now, ReeoNew said:

R-20 "Dumpling"

RC-02 Probo

Zs-06-200 Recargable Battery bank

These three are not stock or DLC parts (names are different), and you're forgetting to mention one part - the engineer's report in your screenshot shows your craft is made of 6 parts.

30 minutes ago, ReeoNew said:

all parts are stock

Sorry, no. This is what a stock version of your craft would look like:

DZYwrxV.png

As @swjr-swis has already noted, the names of some of the parts are different. The mass of the craft is also different from your version, and the delta-v is much lower.

As to you linking to the KSP wiki: I did not find the "R-20 Dumpling",  "RC-02 Probo" or "Zs-06-200 Recargable Battery bank" on the page you linked, can you please clarify? The parts from my version, on the other hand, can be readily found there:

As to your short video: I asked for a video of your craft in flight, with the engine ISP, TWR and amount of propellant visible. None of that is visible in your video.

I'm starting to wonder if you are fully honest with us. You get one last chance to prove that your craft is legitimate. If you don't, I will judge your submission as invalid.

Edited by QF9E

4 hours ago, imcute said:

once i made a grand tour craft excluding eve that weighs 0.365 tonnes

mech jeb included

You used the KAL-1000 in that build. Since the current challenge is from 2016 and the Breaking Ground expansion wasn't around back then, the only way to be able to use the KAL-1000 back in 2016 would have been via a parts mod. However, the OP has explicitly forbidden part mods:

No Game-Balance altering mods or addons;
Part mods, Re-balance mods, Resize mods, Enviroment altering mods

Therefore I judge your craft to be invalid for this challenge.

And as a more general note: by now we are all acutely aware that you know how to abuse the KAL-1000 to over / underclock engine parts. Kindly stop spamming the forums. Henceforth you will assume that every old challenge includes the rule "no KAL-1000 overclocking or underclocking" even if it does not explicitly say so.

If you want to build something that uses the KAL-1000 in a legitimate fashion, there have been no less than 4 challenges over the last week or so involving the part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.