[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Historical Progression (v1.5 - 4/24/2017)

pap1723

2 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Ohhh. That makes sense. For people who use KCT it does make the early game a lot slower though

I agree with you. The problem with the early game in respects to Historical Progression is that the beginning part of the Space Race was very slow going. There were a lot of failed attempts and the successes were usually just another satellite that was sent up so more knowledge could be gained about telemetry. I tried to keep out the repetitive missions, but I will be adding them in as optional in the future so players can have more missions to do similar things if they choose to play that way.

8 hours ago, pap1723 said:

I agree with you. The problem with the early game in respects to Historical Progression is that the beginning part of the Space Race was very slow going. There were a lot of failed attempts and the successes were usually just another satellite that was sent up so more knowledge could be gained about telemetry. I tried to keep out the repetitive missions, but I will be adding them in as optional in the future so players can have more missions to do similar things if they choose to play that way.

How about just making some of it a bit more non-linear? Personally I'm a big fan of the way @Yemo organised the SETI contracts

Spoiler

hDfrM5V.png

EDIT: Or to be more specific - on the face of it it doesn't make much sense for e.g. my lunar or space station programs to be put on hold indefinitely until I've launched satellites into arbitrarily high orbits or waiting for the transfer window to visit Eve

Edited by baldamundo

I'm having a problem with the Gemini 7 & 6 mission. When I launch a new 2 kerbal craft, it is not being recognised as either Gemini 6 or 7 (both Not Gemini 7 and Gemini 6 are both green). Meaning that the Orbit check mark for Gemini 7 won't complete, the timer won't tick down and when I rendevous the two craft that won't complete either.

How long are the deadlines for this contract pack for RSS? Trying out the historic contracts pack and the Sputnik1 contract only gives you 2 months to complete, so if an engine fails, you've pretty much failed the contract unless you rush build another one. So if your contact pack is a little more generous with deadlines, I might consider switching.

1 hour ago, EliasDanger said:

How long are the deadlines for this contract pack for RSS? Trying out the historic contracts pack and the Sputnik1 contract only gives you 2 months to complete, so if an engine fails, you've pretty much failed the contract unless you rush build another one. So if your contact pack is a little more generous with deadlines, I might consider switching.

There are no deadlines to achieve the missions. 

The only issue you may run into in RSS is that the payouts might not be high enough for the cost of the rockets. I am running an RSS SMURFF campaign with my contracts and I am ok so far, but I am not making tons of money. 

I am working on generating rewards money based on the size of the home planet so hopefully that will be in the next release. 

3 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

There are no deadlines to achieve the missions. 

The only issue you may run into in RSS is that the payouts might not be high enough for the cost of the rockets. I am running an RSS SMURFF campaign with my contracts and I am ok so far, but I am not making tons of money. 

I am working on generating rewards money based on the size of the home planet so hopefully that will be in the next release. 

No deadlines is perfect.

And I'm using your contract pack alongside RP-0, so the rewards are just complimentary. So far it looks like an awesome pack!

Edited by EliasDanger

If you don't like CKAN/don't support it please feel free to ignore this.  But I noticed that I can't install this contact pack thru CKAN.  It shows a conflict if both Contract Configurator and this contract pack is checked.  Just wanted to let you know.  Thanks. 

Hi all -

I am curious what I might have not done as the hist. missions / contracts are no longer appearing.  With the recent update to the mod , I did get the batch of MIR [which by the way was really cool and fun] , but I haven't seen anything past Soyuz TM-18

Is there trigger that might need to occur or perhaps a contract that I didn't complete or something?  How can I check and how can I kickstart this again?

btw - ; The mod/contract hasn't been detecting the docking, transferring of crew and durations spent in space. 

edit: I didn't it again, wrong forum.  [sigh]

Edited by gamerscircle
mistake

Amazing mission pack, using it with RO, fits like a glove! Ty

Just a small issue, ckan gives incompatibility issue with contract configurator, it would be great to have it on Ckan to keep it updated :)

Kind regards

Edit: it's fixed on CKAN now, ty!

Edited by RickKermen

16 hours ago, Liondrome said:

Looking through the pre-requisites for the contracts and found that in order to get the Phobos 2 contract you are required to complete the Phobos 2 contract first. Catch 22.

That's a clever trick that I expect the player to figure out!

In all reality, that is obviously a bug and thank you for noticing it. I am hoping for an update today, if not, this week for sure.

Hi, first off I really like this mod pack, its a great mix so far and not at all repetitive.  I've gotten to the first Gemini mission and the first Soviet mission with the animal "pilots".  I did the Gemini mission as outlined, got all green checks, then once I landed and recovered it won't complete.  Any ideas? 

Also how do you control the craft with the animal astronauts?  I get the "SAS not available" when I toggle it.  

Thanks for putting this pack together! 

I just finished Galileo (very hard mission) and there are no more contracts showing up for me either.  :(

Also had a lot of trouble with Mir, for some reason it stop recognizing my Mir as Mir and wouldn't acknowledged that I finished all the goals or even docked with it.  Had to use alt-12 contract cheat to finish them.  Also had that problem with a few others, like Galileo.

This is the first contract mod I bothered installing and despite the minor glitches I absolutely love it!

On 8/8/2016 at 8:29 PM, jdub3350 said:

Hi, first off I really like this mod pack, its a great mix so far and not at all repetitive.  I've gotten to the first Gemini mission and the first Soviet mission with the animal "pilots".  I did the Gemini mission as outlined, got all green checks, then once I landed and recovered it won't complete.  Any ideas? 

Also how do you control the craft with the animal astronauts?  I get the "SAS not available" when I toggle it.  

Thanks for putting this pack together! 

The Gemini mission I haven't had any issues with, and I cannot recreate your issue.

For the missions with the animals as the "astronauts" I always include a probe core attached to my Command Pod to be able to have control.

On 30. 7. 2016 at 11:48 AM, Liondrome said:

I'm having a problem with the Gemini 7 & 6 mission. When I launch a new 2 kerbal craft, it is not being recognised as either Gemini 6 or 7 (both Not Gemini 7 and Gemini 6 are both green). Meaning that the Orbit check mark for Gemini 7 won't complete, the timer won't tick down and when I rendevous the two craft that won't complete either.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me, too. Even auto-completing the contract through Alt-F12 did not work, it just offered the contract again. Agter a while, I found a bypass - open the contract files in GameData/contracts etc etc, find the Gemini 6 and 7, and just delete the orbital and rendezvous requirements. It's not the most elegant way, but it allowed me to continue.

This one small bug aside, I love this contract pack so far, great job :)

Michal.don

On 8/8/2016 at 3:36 PM, pap1723 said:

That's a clever trick that I expect the player to figure out!

In all reality, that is obviously a bug and thank you for noticing it. I am hoping for an update today, if not, this week for sure.

Hello,

Is there a way around this bug ?

I seem to be stuck on the progress somewhere

VERSION UPDATE!!!

This will fix all of the contracts not generating. This should also not ruin any previous saves.

• Brand New Financial Reward System - This is completely based on the radius of your Home Planet. If you have a larger size Homeworld such as a resized Kerbin or RSS build, then the funds rewards will adjust accordingly to meet the increase costs required to accomplish mission goals
  • Zond Orbit Parameters updated
  • REMOVED: Venera 3 as it was essentailly a failed mission and Venera 4 was a repeat
  • Fixed Phobos 2 prerequisite to allow mission to actually fire correctly
  • Adding correct sorting for all contracts so they will show up in order in the Mission Control building interface
  • Fixed prestige settings of all missions
  • Apollo 14 and Apollo 16 will go to Minmus (unless you have some version of RSS installed and then it will be the Moon)
  • Fixed issue where Venera 9 wouldn't check off Orbit Parameter when switching to the Lander

I'm also having trouble with the Gemini 6 & 7 mission.  Running a custom 3.2x scale setup with Sigma Dimensions.

Is there any sort of order that things need to be done in or other hidden parameter?  For example, does Gemini 7 need to be up there first by itself for the whole two weeks before you ever launch Gemini 6?  Does the orbit need to be at a certain altitude?

11 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

I'm also having trouble with the Gemini 6 & 7 mission.  Running a custom 3.2x scale setup with Sigma Dimensions.

Is there any sort of order that things need to be done in or other hidden parameter?  For example, does Gemini 7 need to be up there first by itself for the whole two weeks before you ever launch Gemini 6?  Does the orbit need to be at a certain altitude?

Gemini 7 should be launched first and should be up in orbit for 10 days and then you should launch Gemini-6 to go and Rendezvous with it and then you should return both pods home.

2 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Gemini 7 should be launched first and should be up in orbit for 10 days and then you should launch Gemini-6 to go and Rendezvous with it and then you should return both pods home.

Ah - I didn't keep Gemini 7 up there long enough by itself before launching Gemini 6. I'll give it another whirl tonight.

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2016 at 4:03 PM, gamerscircle said:

@pap1723will you be doing a 1.2 version of this?

Hey Andy!

This should actually work without any changes being made to it. I haven't had time to look at it yet, but there is nothing in the code that would break with the 1.2 update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.