[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Historical Progression (v1.5 - 4/24/2017)

pap1723

19 hours ago, Moiety said:

@pap1723 there seems to be an issue with the mission, Contract Configurator debug menu (alt+F10) shows the mission in red.

And after looking a little more into it. It has some weird bugs in my game where I can accept it, but there is no mission text.... I will dig a little deeper. 

14 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

And after looking a little more into it. It has some weird bugs in my game where I can accept it, but there is no mission text.... I will dig a little deeper. 

Sorry, should’ve included some more info.

The error is with the Rendezvous parameter, specifically the AntiRendezvous. It says it’s “missing required value ‘vessel’”.

Log details:

[ERROR] ContractConfigurator.RendezvousFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'STS-41B', PARAMETER 'AntiRendezvous' of type 'Rendezvous': Missing required value 'vessel'.

UPDATE to Version 1.6

• Small fixes to many missions to fix completion issues
  • Fix to STS-41B by removing the EVA component as it was not working correctly
  • Fix Apollo Rover missions by allowing the player to accomplish mission using a separate rover from the lander

Hello @pap1723

Tell me something. Some time ago I remember the contracts to contemplate some spaceplane missions - you know, "x-craft" missions like "go over the speed of sound and land on KSC" and the like.

Where those cleaned from 'historical progression' or were they a part of a different pack (and I am forgetting that)?

1 hour ago, Moiety said:

Thank you for the update! Reloading now.

Update: it now works :).

Great success!! Thanks for checking!

7 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Hello @pap1723

Tell me something. Some time ago I remember the contracts to contemplate some spaceplane missions - you know, "x-craft" missions like "go over the speed of sound and land on KSC" and the like.

Where those cleaned from 'historical progression' or were they a part of a different pack (and I am forgetting that)?

Hey @Daniel Prates, that was not something that was in my contract pack. A big part of the reason is that I personally do not fly planes at all. I have tried and failed many times. Therefore I could not test the missions to make sure they were working and did not want to include them that way.

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

Great success!! Thanks for checking!

Hey @Daniel Prates, that was not something that was in my contract pack. A big part of the reason is that I personally do not fly planes at all. I have tried and failed many times. Therefore I could not test the missions to make sure they were working and did not want to include them that way.

Oh allrighty then! I think it must have been from another mod then.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-4-6 at 9:32 PM, metalpoetza said:

SSRSS detection seems to be broken. First sounding rock mission is wanting me to hist 92000m - which is the RSS height, but for SSRSS it should be around 63000m so it seems the RSS detection is overriding the SSRSS flags.

I suffer of the same problem unfortunately. :( 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

great pack I have to say - thank you! I started to play it just yesterday (in stock settings on 1.2.2, but latest release for that version). However I found... not exactly bug, but something close to it.

I took a "Sputnik 1" contract and made it up to 1k orbit (not first mission realy). Then I took "Sputnik 2" and "Vanguard 1". Then I realised I forgot to send "telemetry" data from my "Sputnik 1". So I went to map, switched to the satellite, sent the data and went back. Contracts were gone... after short investigation, they were not gone, but completed. To be sure that I found something "wrong" (not exactly, but somehow) - I did test it with "Explorer 1" - which even got completed via data from 1200 km above Kerbin, despite requiring "low orbit". Then I took "Explorer 6" and indeed it was completed upon switching to Sputnik 1 and resending telemetry.

Obviously the contracts should require "new vessel", which they do not now. I am confident there is no reason to prevent exploitation (after all, this is optional pack), but rather to prevent accidental "completion" of the contracts as it happened to me in first time.It is nothing critical, but... I wanted to help :-)

Cheers and keep the great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Is the difference between 1.2.2 and 1.3.0 regarding contract packs so big?

I decided to still use Historical Progression in 1.3.0 and now I got the problem that the "Luna 2" mission was completed - but not really:
dQy5hLz.png

So I reached Moon, impacted Moon (after orbiting it a few times) but the contract is not fulfilled.

Does it have to do with sub-optimal fps / physical time ratio?

Or is it something totally different?

Edited by Gordon Dry

@Gordon Dry - It's going to be one of two things - either a bug of some kind, or something odd in the contract.  If it's a bug, the most likely thing is going to be an exception in the log file.  So can you post a KSP.log file (one that covers the time period where you would've expected the contract to succeed).  If that doesn't show any problems, the next thing I'd ask for would be a save file from just a little bit before you expect the contract to complete.

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

AllYAll
             Chatterer
             DockingPortAlignmentIndicator
             EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
             EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR
             DistantObject-default
             DistantObject
             Wwwwwwwww
             CCTV
             ContractsWindowPlus
             WasdEditorCameraContinued
             ModuleManager
             EVAParachutes
             HangarGrid
             KAS
             KEI
             KerbalEngineerRedux
             LaunchNumbering
             PEBKACIndustriesLaunchEscapeSystem
             ShipEffectsContinued
             ProceduralParts
             ContractParser
             HullcamVDSContinued
             EasyVesselSwitch
             JSIPartUtilities
             MagiCore
             CommunityResourcePack
             HideEmptyTechNodes
             ProgressParser
             TACLS
             ContractConfigurator
             CrewManifest
             MainSailorTextures-Historical
             ContractConfigurator-ContractPackHistoricalProgression
             BackgroundResources
             TriggerAu-Flags
             KerbalAlarmClock
             MainSailorTextures-Essentials
             HistoricalProgressionTechTree
             CrewQueueTwo

I love this mod! Thank you, for putting so much work on it, especcially on the background infos.

But docking detection still doesn't work for the skylab missions :-( (KSP: Version 1.3.0  HistProg: Version 1.6)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6juiwwlz8vyrw3k/screenshot211.png

Edited by eldorim

I know, it's not released for 1.3.0 but I worked fine so far. Other docking missions run perfectly.

But I just saw, that the periapsis of my Skylab decreased over time and is now too low. Maybe that was the reason. I'll try it this evening 

Edited by eldorim

• 3 weeks later...

The completion text for the Salyut 1 mission lists the original Soyuz 11 crew as having died (Leonov, Kubasov, Kolodin) in that mission. It was actually the backup crew of Dobrovolsky, Volkov and Patsayev who perished. This according to Wikipedia. 

Also, thanks for a great mission pack!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2017 at 7:27 PM, PmThay said:

I suffer of the same problem unfortunately. :( 

I had the same problem with SSRSS. I solved it by editing the mission requirements from :

"upperAtmo = HomeWorld().AtmosphereAltitude()-20000"  to - 50000 in the earlymissions.cfg (ContractPacks\HistoricalProgression\Missions).

Now the contract gives a 62000 meters limit, which is fine :) 

Note that it doesn't affect the contract if it has been accepted before the modification. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I had a problem with Pioneer-10 with RSS ; the contract wasn't available despite the fact that i met all the requirements. I tried many things with cheat menu, forced regeneration with cc debug and so on. I finished Skylab, Messenger-9, Messenger-10 is on the way (bad window taken, so it will take years :D ) so Apollo-15 requirement was far before, but Pioneer mission didn't show up.

So i changed in the jupiter exploration.cfg the data line : 

jupiter = AllBodies().Where(cb => cb.IsPlanet() && !cb.HasSurface()).First()

by this one :

jupiter = HomeWorld().Parent().Children().ElementAt(4)

It works now, i just activate the contract now. I guess i would have to change it for Pioneer-11 and Voyager, etc :)

Maybe the contract configuration for stock kerbin system AND RSS in the same files is the problem here. 

Hope this will be useful to anyone and thank you again for the mod :wink:

PS : pardon my poor english.

Edited by Mitrae

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/24/2018 at 12:28 AM, DracoSilverpath said:

I highly doubt it...but is there any chance of this pack getting updated for 1.4.1? Just recently returned to KSP, and dearly love this mod, would hate to paly without it!

it seems to work on 1.4.3!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers!

So I am posting this issue just for improvement's sake, it sure is not a complaint. I love this mod. Also, I am using the 1.3.x version.

This is what happened: I accepted both the 'ham the chimp' and 'zvezdoshka the dog' missions at the same time. Now, as everyone knows, when you are performing a mission and reach a goal, all different accepted missions that require that same goal will count that goal as completed: the game has no way of knowing which one you intend to fulfill. So in mid flight, there I was with a green 'check' on the mission goal "have space for one crew", for both the dog and  the chimp mission. 

So far so good. I was aiming at the 'chimp' mission so I only did a sub-orbital flight (this has no relevance to the issue I am reporting, btw). 

When my armed parachute deployed, it decelerated a bit too abruptly and the "chimp" fainted due to excessive G. 

Here is thing number one: when the chimp fainted, the "have space for one crew" goal went from 'check' to 'failed' (a red cross). Not 'unfulfilled' (the pale grey little clock), but 'failed'. My guess is that the game can't tell if there is space for one or not, if a seat is occupied but the passenger has lost consciousness. When the chimp finally woke up, this situation did not revert and remained a failed goal up until the end, and after recovery too. So although I did carry out all mission parameters, including rescuing the little bugger safely, it still counted as a fail. And since the chimp does not return for another flight, there is no do-over! 

Thing number two: the failed parameter counted simultaneously for both missions, ham and zvezdochka, even as I was playing out the first one. When I started a new mission for zvezdockha, it already started with a failed 'have crew for one' goal, and sure enough, remained failed all the way through, so both missions eventually ended impossible to fulfill. 

Now, again I tell'ya, I am not complaining, but rather just testing out the mod to exhaustion, since I like it so much. Maybe the mission parameters can be improved a little bit, checking or un-checking some parameters? I am aware that perhaps there is no way to do that, for game hardcoding issues. Perhaps a note in 'high caps' on the mission description, warning that the passenger cannot faint during the mission or something. 

EDIT: for those who do not know this, you can auto-complete a mission with the 'debug tool' (alt+f12). I did it this time without feeling it was cheating, since I actually did fulfill the mission parameters. This is a good way to get rid of 'stuck'  missions where cancelling is not an option, and it counts as a completed mission for all purposes, including unlocking the following missions to which the last one was a requisite. Note that without this shortcut, I would be actually stuck forever with these two missions, unable to get to the next ones! 

Edited by Daniel Prates

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.