[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Historical Progression (v1.5 - 4/24/2017)

pap1723

6 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Hey Andy!

This should actually work without any changes being made to it. I haven't had time to look at it yet, but there is nothing in the code that would break with the 1.2 update.

Thanks pap, I read a post in the CC forum where someone asked the same question and nightingale did reply.  I load it up yesterday and seems to work.  

22 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Hey Andy!

This should actually work without any changes being made to it. I haven't had time to look at it yet, but there is nothing in the code that would break with the 1.2 update.

One last question for 'ya, is there anything that can be done for the KSP AVC message that stated that the mod is for 1.1.3?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2016 at 2:43 PM, pap1723 said:

Hey Andy!

On 10/26/2016 at 9:07 PM, gamerscircle said:

Thanks pap, I read a post in the CC forum where someone asked the same question and nightingale did reply.  I load it up yesterday and seems to work.  

On 10/27/2016 at 1:35 PM, gamerscircle said:

One last question for 'ya, is there anything that can be done for the KSP AVC message that stated that the mod is for 1.1.3?

Confirmed that it seems to be running with CC 1.21 on KSP 1.2. Have not tested KSP 1.21 fully yet. So far it seems to be working just fine with my only doubt being based on how far my play through has advanced. I have not tested every single mission but so far things are looking sweet.  I think it is safe to bump up KSP_VERSION_MAX and pass to CKAN too with the current version of the contract pack. 

Edit: Only thing that I fudged was the need for a Data Transmitter (Sputnik requires this). This needed tweaked to allow a RT alternative as well.

Edit: Might need to check impact missions (Luna 2). Works but there was little a delay in detecting mission ending and contract ending

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, frango9000 said:

Hello, im having problems with Luna 1 mission

http://imgur.com/a/dgweY

no destination assigned apparently

This should work if you fly into the mun's SOI and the still have way too much dv. So the probe leaves Kerbin SOI and ends heading off to an orbit around the sun. There is no destination as such. 

So far it seems fine but more people will need to confirm. I could just be very lucky. Now running through gain without RT. Just vanilla comms. 

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi this pack is awesome! But I am having an issue when combining with the Kerbalism mod. The issue is that when I build a craft with an antenna (eg the Sputnik contract), the antennas are no longer recognized as antennas. Is there some kind of config I can create to fix this? Not sure if I should be posting here or in the Kerbalism thread, maybe I'll try both.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently started a play through with the Historical Progress Tech Tree and this contract pack. In regards to 1.2 compatibility: I ran into an issue with the Gemini 7 / 6A mission. Edited my save game to manually pass it. The reason for it is unclear, other duration dependent missions / orbits seem to work fine.

@cnose that sounds like a Kerbalism issue. The contracts have this piece of code:

PARAMETER
{
    name = HasAntenna
    type = PartValidation
    partModuleType = Antenna
    minCount = 1
    title = Have at least 1 Transmission Device on your craft
    hideChildren = true
}

If Kerbalism changes the type setting for antenna that might cause issues.

On 11/8/2016 at 1:06 AM, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Edit: Might need to check impact missions (Luna 2). Works but there was little a delay in detecting mission ending and contract ending

I can confirm this, had the same issue.

Edited by Moiety

• 1 month later...

Hey, I've been tracking down a problem that started with unrelated contracts' requirements not getting updated. I noticed a trace from CC in the logs, but was unsure if that was the cause. DMagic was able to provide clarity as to why, and it may be that the Gemini 7/6A rendezvous mission is causing CC to croak. For reference, here's the bug.

@Moiety What did you edit to move past your problem? It might have not been the same problem, but I may end up needing to "complete" the mission so others start working again.

Edited by doktorstick

@doktorstick you can manually pass contracts like so:

1. Backup your save game just in case
  2. Launch your favourite text editor
  3. Open persistent.sfs which is location in “Kerbal Space Program/saves/name of your save/”
  4. Search for “title = Gemini 7 & Gemini 6A”. This should bring up the contract. If you’re unsure whether you’re actually at the contract, they should have “type = ConfiguredContract”
  5. Set the state (which should read “Active”) to “Completed” like so: state = Completed
  6. Save the file
  7. Load the game
  8. Contract is now in the archive

This doesn’t add the funds, reputation, or science for the contract to your totals. You can do this manually if you really need it.

1. Search for “name = Funding” to edit the funding parameter
  2. Search for “name = Reputation” to edit the reputation
  3. … I’m not exactly sure where the science param is.

Always backup first!

Edited by Moiety

To put a bow on on the Gemini 7 & Gemini 6A mission, the next CC will protect itself against the malformed contract. Here's the note from the resolution:

Fixed for next release. Note that the contract is now correctly shown as invalid and doesn't get loaded, so @pap1723 will need to add a vessel = Gemini-6 to make this work as originally intended.

If @pap1723 doesn’t return sometime in February I might feel something for forking it and fixing some of these bugs. I need some time to read up on the CC code first as I’m not too familiar with it.

That is, if I can get in contact with them and ask for permission :). For what it’s worth, they haven’t been online here for two and a half months.

Edited by Moiety

3 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

Hello everyone!

Sorry that I have been MIA for quite some time now. Let me read through this and take a look at fixing some of the issues!

Thansk @inigma

Awesome! Saves me all the work :D.

This is by far my favourite contract pack.

@Moiety thank you for all of the help tracking down the issues with the Gemini 7 / 6A mission. It was originally written with Vessel = Gemini-6 but the contract struggled to complete. I hoped that by removing that field, it would help with the issue.

I am thinking that I am going to need to possible remove the mission completely from the pack in order to have it all work correctly.

As far as the Has Antenna requirement, with the way that KSP 1.2 handles the communication with probes, I am going to remove the strict requirement. There is no reason to have it since it can break with mods and you won't really be able to use a probe without it!

2 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

@Moiety thank you for all of the help tracking down the issues with the Gemini 7 / 6A mission. It was originally written with Vessel = Gemini-6 but the contract struggled to complete. I hoped that by removing that field, it would help with the issue.

No problem, @doktorstick has done a lot too. For what it’s worth, I’ve also filed a couple of bugs on GitHub.

7 minutes ago, Moiety said:

Am currently at Apollo 16. Apollo 15 has some issues too (see GitHub bug for details). I’m afraid Apollo 16 will have the same issues.

I am looking at the mission right now. I have modified it so I want to see if I have possibly fixed the issue.

Does your Apollo 15 or Apollo 16 have the following...

PARAMETER
        {
            name = Apollo15Beta
            type = VisitWaypoint
            index = 1
            distance = 100.0
            title = Visit Apollo 15 Beta Site
            showMessages = true
            disableOnStateChange = true
            hideChildren = true
        }

Namely, does it say disableOnStateChange = true

Just now, pap1723 said:

I am looking at the mission right now. I have modified it so I want to see if I have possibly fixed the issue.

Does your Apollo 15 or Apollo 16 have the following...

PARAMETER
        {
            name = Apollo15Beta
            type = VisitWaypoint
            index = 1
            distance = 100.0
            title = Visit Apollo 15 Beta Site
            showMessages = true
            disableOnStateChange = true
            hideChildren = true
        }

Namely, does it say disableOnStateChange = true

It does have the disableOnStateChange set to true, yes.

25 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

OK thanks. I cleaned up some of the other things so I think it should work.

Can you either upload the new version to GitHub or tell me what you changed? I can reload Apollo 16 and test it out.

I'm on Apollo 4. One comment about it--if you have a unmanned vehicle for three people, that criteria (Crew Capacity: 3) remains with a red X until you achieve the proper orbit. I think it was after the 30 minutes elapsed on the first orbit. I can't be 100% though. This can be confusing because you aren't sure if you built your ship wrong or not.

12 hours ago, doktorstick said:

I'm on Apollo 4. One comment about it--if you have a unmanned vehicle for three people, that criteria (Crew Capacity: 3) remains with a red X until you achieve the proper orbit. I think it was after the 30 minutes elapsed on the first orbit. I can't be 100% though. This can be confusing because you aren't sure if you built your ship wrong or not.

I updated the contract. This should trigger as complete essentially as soon as the mission begins now. Thanks for finding it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.