Help a newbie to reach the orbit :-)

Muzietto

I am playing the demo and following Scott Manley's tutorials. I have this nice two-stages rocket that reaches a decent height.

Unfortunately, when I try to create a maneuver in the M view, I am unable to click on the top of the parabola and start the maneuver widget: I click it either left- or right-, but nothing happens.

I see a few options:

- buy the complete game, hoping it will let me get the maneuver widget (but I read that the demo should be sufficient to get into orbit!)

- keep updating the tracking station until the maneuver correction becomes possible (I am currently at level 2)

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Hello Muzietto and welcome to the forum!

Never having played the current demo I'm doing a bit of guesswork here.

In the complete game, when you begin you can choose to start a 'Sandbox' game, a 'Science' game, or a 'Career' game.

In career you have to upgrade something to get maneuver nodes.  I think both the tracking station and mission control may need to be upgraded, but I can't remember for sure atm.

Happy landings!

Edited by Starhawk

2 hours ago, Muzietto said:

I had to upgrade mission control. Thank you!!!

Career mode in the demo is really hard, I'd suggest waiting for the full game for that, in the mean time, do sandbox, and you can easily reach orbit, and eventually the Mun and Minmus, provided you have enough wings, and a reaction wheel or two.