[KSP 1.3.1] KEI - Kerbin Environmental Institute(1.2.3) 2017-10-11

RealGecko

18 minutes ago, Cleric2145 said:

Hey Gecko!  Just throwing a a bug report/mod conflict your way. 

Mission Controller 2 causes a nullRef when clicking the KEI icon and keeps it from opening (and therefore working.) The nullRef is accompanied with an error regarding the weather core experiment.

Can confirm.. funny enough was just about to post about it.

I submitted a PR to CKAN that, once merged, will ease reports of this issue from CKAN users.

Specifically, versions 4.1 of LTech and 1.4.3 of MC2 will be marked as conflicts with KEI. My hope is the issues are resolved in their next releases. If the issues persists with the next release of either mod I would suggest opening an issue with CKAN so they can be marked as conflicts until the issue is properly resolved.

22 minutes ago, plague006 said:

I submitted a PR to CKAN that, once merged, will ease reports of this issue from CKAN users.

I tried to debug MC2, but it seems there's too much to handle, cause there're problems not only with Research Weather experiment.

I've installed this mod via CKAN, but I'm not sure what to do to get it to work. As a test in a brand new career, I put the capsule on the launch pad with a goo canister and did the research. In the end, I got the science for just that one experiment, and [x] Science says that this is ALL which has been completed. All the other KSC biomes are incomplete. Is there something special I have to do to activate the mod?

so I was about to post a possible bug but I think it is answered already here.

it seems that after the initial make me happy message that  I can never again use the mod.  I research more science stuff, upgrade the KSC, etc. but I never seem to get any more use out of this mod.   is this what the ltech bug is doing?  I click the button but never get any messages about new science or failure or anything.  it looks like the mod is just doing nothing.

yes that is why I asked if this is the error that it causes.  as I can't uninstall it because all my ships in flight will then go poof.   so if this is the error caused by l-tech I will have to wait and hope they make a fix for their null values.

So ya. ive been playing ksp since the early ages and only last week did really notice that i could go around the base to different places and get lots of science at the start of a new career. /hangs head in shame.

Then again ive never really made it pass minmus since i useally over mod and and i have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship towards unity engine, lol.

After all the patches and fixes and restarts, this is a lifesaver. Thanks alot!

ok so yes, uninstalled L-tech and everything is fine now, so that was the issue...  is there nothing you can do on this end to fix the issue?  maybe some way to force your mod to skip the parts from l-tech and just avoid the issue until the developer of l-tech fixes it?

13 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

maybe some way to force your mod to skip the parts from l-tech

Actually problem is that L-Tech creates experiments that have some NULL values for KSP ResearchAndDevelopment object . Generally it's really bad practice to interfere with ingame objects and put NULLs to places that are not meant to have NULLs. I tried to implement a quick workaround in KEI, but it did not work, @Kerbas_ad_astra tried too, but it did not work either. And I personally have more exciting things to do:

udqC88d.png

:D:D:D

Thank you so much for making this mod.  :D

Question:  My main game is on KSP 1.1.2 still (waiting on mods to update--I've got a lot of 'em), but CKAN doesn't list any compatible version of this mod; I'm more than willing to install manually, but which version of this should I use?