[KSP 1.3.1] KEI - Kerbin Environmental Institute(1.2.3) 2017-10-11

RealGecko

Thanks for the reply.  I was thinking more along the lines of a Spacedock and CKAN "courtesy" update in the absence of the former author.  Mainly so I can use CKAN to continue to simplify the management of updates for the apps I use.  And on the Dev side of things, it sets up nicely for the 1.3 release.

Edited by Murdabenne
clarification

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.04.2017 at 4:55 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@RealGecko

I'm wondering if you have no interest in maintaining this mod anymore?

If so, let me know, I'd be happy to take it over from you

Rushing somewhere?

Versions 1.2.2.122 and 1.2.2.130 (for KSP 1.2.2 and KSP 1.3.0 respectively) are released:

• Experiments for the part are not available until part is purchased
  • Fixed dmlaserblastscan and dmNAlbedoScan descriptions
  • Check for null experiment ids by @linuxgurugamer
  • List of excluded experiments is stored in plain text file by @linuxgurugamer
  • List of exlcuded manufacturers is stored in plain text file

2 hours ago, RealGecko said:

Rushing somewhere?

Versions 1.2.2.122 and 1.2.2.130 (for KSP 1.2.2 and KSP 1.3.0 respectively) are released:

• Experiments for the part are not available until part is purchased
  • Fixed dmlaserblastscan and dmNAlbedoScan descriptions
  • Check for null experiment ids by @linuxgurugamer
  • List of excluded experiments is stored in plain text file by @linuxgurugamer
  • List of exlcuded manufacturers is stored in plain text file

Not rushing, but it was a few months since we last heard from you.

Thank you for the update!!!

The UI element seems to be hidden or busted (latest version off spacedock, ksp1.3) , clicking the green globe icon has no effect.

Is there a hotkey to toggle the UI and bypass the icon?

2 hours ago, tjsnh said:

The UI element seems to be hidden or busted (latest version off spacedock, ksp1.3) , clicking the green globe icon has no effect.

It works for me, also using KSP 1.3 and the latest KEI from SpaceDock.  The button looks like a wireframe globe with a leaf in front of it, and clicking it opens the KEI window.

However, I just noticed that the KEI window's title says "Kerbin^N Environmental Institute".  The "^N" doesn't belong there.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

Dropbox, Google Drive.

okay,might take a while though,my internet is slow as all hell atm and the log file is like 17836KB

edit: no luck,my internet is too bad atm to upload it,i'll try getting it to you tommorrow...

Edited by RobinVerhulstZ

1 hour ago, RealGecko said:

Dropbox, Google Drive.

I did some digging and given that this error has KEI in it not to mention it seems to correspond with me spamming the KEI button i suspect it may be the error that's causing the issues...

Spoiler

[WRN 01:12:08.208] [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id GeigerCounter
[EXC 01:12:08.217] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KEI.KEI.<GainScience>b__22_0 (.ScienceExperiment x)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[ScienceExperiment].MoveNext ()
    KEI.KEI.GainScience (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 experiments, Boolean analyze)
    KEI.KEI.ShowMainWindow ()
    KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton.OnTrue (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, CallType callType)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData arg0, CallType arg1)
    KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.SetState (State state, CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, Boolean popButtonsInGroup)
    KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.ToggleState (CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data)
    KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

52 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

Do you use latest BDDB? I tried it out and Geiger Counter did not cause any troubles to me.

And I was able to unlock quite a part of TT with science only from KSC :D

I am, (and yeah it definitely gives you lots of science from the get go with KEI,hence why i nerf my science gains to 60%)

On 11/5/2017 at 5:42 AM, RobinVerhulstZ said:

I am, (and yeah it definitely gives you lots of science from the get go with KEI,hence why i nerf my science gains to 60%)

So first you install a mod to give you science, then you nerf the science.

Hmmmm, why not just not install the mod?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

...well not installing the mods is a lot harder than installing them (though i'd definitely wish i had removed all of the part i don't use like low isp engines...)

On 05/11/2017 at 11:42 PM, RobinVerhulstZ said:

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Personally I use my own modded tech tree (that I must get around to releasing... still testing it :wink: ) but with a similar progression to the very good HPTechTree together with KEI.

I nerf science to 50% because it saves on lower tech grind and beginning of a save and continues to give a challenge to get things done in the mid tree.

Peace.

1 minute ago, theJesuit said:

Personally I use my own modded tech tree (that I must get around to releasing... still testing it :wink: ) but with a similar progression to the very good HPTechTree together with KEI.

I nerf science to 50% because it saves on lower tech grind and beginning of a save and continues to give a challenge to get things done in the mid tree.

Peace.

Something I'm considering doing is a simple mod to kickstart the initial game.  What I do personally is give myself enough money and experience to research the first few levels of the tree, and then proceed from there.  Rather than doing it by hand, I'd like to be able to just click a button and have it done.

31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Something I'm considering doing is a simple mod to kickstart the initial game.  What I do personally is give myself enough money and experience to research the first few levels of the tree, and then proceed from there.  Rather than doing it by hand, I'd like to be able to just click a button and have it done.

Agreed... that's what I use KEI for but funds is never too much of an issue.

Given that I use a modded tree anyway, i have thought about move the parts in the tech tree...  another way might be to nerf the science collected at the KSC removing the OCD need to collect ALL the science.  I also mod the values to Kerbalism standard of non transmittance goo, sample and Sci jr as well chnage to one experiment per biome.

One desire i have sometimes is that KEI would be to gain all science from on or around Kerbin.  That may be too overpowered though.

3 hours ago, theJesuit said:

One desire i have sometimes is that KEI would be to gain all science from on or around Kerbin.  That may be too overpowered though.

I'd be interested in that too — I'd love if it could get all the Kerbin landed/splashed/flying science.  KSP is about space, and having to visit all the Kerbin biomes (multiple times, after unlocking different experiments) is a tedious waste of time.  Plus it's pretty ridiculous that the kerbals haven't researched anything on their own planet yet, and the only way to reach even the grasslands west of KSC, in early career, is with a rocket.  You'd think they'd just drive there.