When is your Versionversary

teacherboi

If I have to wait until 2.0.4 to enjoy a celebratory cake, I fear that some geriatric nurse will be serving it to me blended and through a straw. I'm going to celebrate 1.1.4 and call it a deciversary.

Edited by MachTurtle

Mine would be 1.2.0, given I started in .20

What I plan on doing special is retreating to my basement for insanely long hours of KSP, as I do with every big update.

Edited by nosirrbro

5 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

Well, mine's going to be at 1.9.0. I've got a while to go...

That's close to me, as I installed the game at .25, but by the time the game finished installing I needed to update the game to .90 :P (so much for high speed dialup)

11 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

1.19.1 for me. March 2013 - seems like yesterday!

Same. I remember I had downloaded an earlier demo version maybe a year before and wasn't captivated. But when it arrived on Steam with 0.19.1 and was on sale to celebrate the occasion, I decided to give it a try for real. Almost 40 months later and I have to now force myself to step away for a couple months at a time periodically ... 

I began with 0.8.1 i think, so my versionversary was back in 0.18 (the update where they added planets!) Edit: planets were in 0.17. My second versionversary will be 1.8!

Edited by Willbl3pic

Well, we need 1.2 first. Then, a first hotfix, 1.2.1.  Then the hotfix to fix the hotfix, 1.2.2. Then, finally, after the devs take a vacation for a week, my version-versary of 1.2.3 will happen, when the lingering bugs that were to have have been fixed in/were introduced by 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 are finally replaced with brand new, up-to-date lingering bugs to be fixed and replaced with better bugs in 1.3. :)

So yeah, 0.23 was when I started.  And I know the above sounds a bit cynical, but it's the truth of any large software project, particularly one with the characteristics of KSP. Heck, when I started:

• The air was a thick mess that needed 4500 m/s to push though, and the lovely 90 degree at 10-km "gravity turn" to get to orbit.
  • Fins were unneeded, too.
  • There were no Gizmos - don't want that part surface-mounted? Too bad.
  • There were no fairings, but that was OK, because there wasn't any atmospheric heating or proper drag calculations to protect against.
  • Because of this, nose cones were useless.
  • There was no use for money, Career mode was still new and what we today call "science mode".
  • The only bodies with more than one surface biome were Kerbin and the Mun. (Maybe Minmus too? I forget. :p)
  • Size-3 parts were just introduced and everybody was still making mainsail-based asparagus launchers.
  • Load times were longer and crashes were much more common.

Nice to see how far the game's come since then!

Edited by moogoob
90, 45, whatevah!

50 minutes ago, Willbl3pic said:

I began with 0.8.1 i think, so my versionversary was back in 0.18 (the update where they added planets!). My second versionversary will be 1.8!

Didn't they add planets in 0.17?

My demoversary is 1.8.3 and my versionversary is 1.2.1 (from 0.21).

However, I switched FROM steam to the KSP store when it wouldn't update to .24 or .25 (can't figure out which one by the date because I have since used it for the 1.1 prerelease), so in that case it is not until 1.2.4 or 1.2.5.

Anyone from 0.11.3 who gets to celebrate their semi-versionversary?

52 minutes ago, Willbl3pic said:

I began with 0.8.1 i think, so my versionversary was back in 0.18 (the update where they added planets!). My second versionversary will be 1.8!

Planets were added in 0.17.

btw dude congrats on staying so long.

3 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Didn't they add planets in 0.17?

My demoversary is 1.8.3 and my versionversary is 1.2.1 (from 0.21).

However, I switched FROM steam to the KSP store when it wouldn't update to .24 or .25 (can't figure out which one by the date because I have since used it for the 1.1 prerelease), so in that case it is not until 1.2.4 or 1.2.5.

Anyone from 0.11.3 who gets to celebrate their semi-versionversary?

fixed.

3 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

Planets were added in 0.17.

btw dude congrats on staying so long.

fixed.

and thanks :)

On 7/9/2016 at 10:00 AM, teacherboi said:

I've been playing KSP since version 0.13, making the current version (1.1.3 my versionversary).

How does that work?  Shouldn't it be version 1.13.x?

Found, played, and reached space (after ten different rocket iterations) in 0.9. So... 0.90 was already there, then, 1.9? 9.0? Yeah, problem with version naming system is that you can't really say which one is kinda anniversary of one from the past. Should it be by every .1? .10? 1.0? 10.0?  I'm getting really confused here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.