Does bug deleting really help the game?

In most ways yes, it does. Like when you fly a rocket and suddenly the game crashes. Yes like that, and for playing seriously as well. But sometimes we get bored

of playing seriously and we want to have some fun. Bugs are good for that! Playing with the kraken, doing crazy stuff and phantom forces. 

So does bug fixing really help the Player?

Kraken drives are nice. Losing a spaceplane containing 6 Kerbals with no respawning because that rear wheel decided that landing at 40m/s on a flat terrain was boring and bounced making your whole craft flip is not nice.

Bugs must be fixed, I don't even see why there should a debate.

Edited by Gaarst

Bugs are really just problems in the code,  which means it isn't meant to be there, and may have a bad effect on the software, even if only unexpected behavior. Don't keep bugs, they are not nice when you're on Eve and your kerbal is tossed up by a leg and dies on the way down.

Well there's nothing wrong with going back to an earlier bugged version when you feel the need.  I say squash the bugs, they may have other consequences besides the perceived fun.

Just like to add that in the 3D remake of Ocarina of Time the devs actually intentionally included some bugs from the original

Honestly it depends on whether the bug is game breaking or game ruining or not

Well you can get really old versions here and you can get the previous major release (1.0.5 I think) from steam.  But the rest you'll have to get from a saved backup from before you upgraded.  Maybe some day they'll offer a nostalgia package with some older versions in it for those of us who didn't keep backups (well I have one from a couple years ago but didn't save anything older).

Edited by kBob

This one think is a bit obvious really, to me at least.

Bugs, as in unintended behaviour, should be eliminated as far as possible.

Should Squad decide that some of these behaviours are 'fun' and should be kept in some form or other, then they cease to be 'bugs', but efforts should then be made to ensure that no other unintended behaviours remain.

Some of the current issues are due to the Unity version, so proper fixes cannot be made at the moment.  In these cases the best that can be done are tweaks and adjustments to minimise their effects until such time as a proper fix is possible.

There is a fine line between "exploit" and "bug."

Infinite EVA reserves and warp-to-stop-rotation are fine to keep in my opinion. Untraceable phantom thrust that continuously affects your trajectory and prevents you from timewarping does nobody any good unless you go so far out of your way to exploit it that you can't claim to be playing the same game. Physics-bug fixes = good.

On 7/10/2016 at 0:40 AM, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

In most ways yes, it does. Like when you fly a rocket and suddenly the game crashes. Yes like that, and for playing seriously as well. But sometimes we get bored

of playing seriously and we want to have some fun. Bugs are good for that! Playing with the kraken, doing crazy stuff and phantom forces. 

So does bug fixing really help the Player?

You should probably check out "Goat Simulator". It was a game initially released as an april fools gag (It was an unfinished game engine from some project or other that was full of bugs) but its become quite popular and has a fair following. You basically pilot a goat around a landscape with hilariously bugged-out physics and destroy stuff for points I think?

14 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I can't believe this is a serious question.

10 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

Same.

Likewise...   (even though I answered seriously above).

Maybe the OP actually was playing 'Goat Simulator' and caught one of the bugs which temporarily affects thought processes. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.