Hi there, I've accepted a contract asking me to enter the atmosphere of Jool.

I decided to send a very simple probe in a deadly trip to the Green Planet. (Periapsis 4 km...) I was thinking that "Enter the atmosphere of Jool to achieve this goal" was pretty clear.

But my probe exploded a few hundred meters below the surface of Jool, and the contract is still there...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1cJn_NG58YYSGRSdm1KQXpDSDQ&usp=sharing

Do you think I need wings to achieve this contract, or is this just a bug?

Thanks for reading

1 hour ago, Polikey said:

Do you think I need wings to achieve this contract, or is this just a bug?

Definitely sounds like a bug.  Have you reported it?

35 minutes ago, Hodari said:

unless maybe it's requiring your Ap to be inside the atmosphere as well

...even if it did, that wouldn't be the problem here.  If he made it all the way to Jool's "surface", then clearly he would have slowed way down from atmospheric drag and is truly, wholly, completely "in Jool's atmosphere".

To the OP:  At this point, I'd say you're totally within your rights to use the Alt+F12 debug cheat menu to just force the contract to "completed".  You've done your part, you did the contract, it's not your fault if the game has a bug in it that causes it not to recognize that fact.

I haven't reported it yet, I was checking with you first. My probe was in good shape all the way down. I will report it, after trying again in order to have a save for the dev team. Thanks for the rapid answer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.