Lost Twins

electricpants

THIS MOD ADDS A BROWN DWARF, 4 PLANETS AND 2 MOONS. MORE WILL LIKELY COME IN THE FUTURE.

TRANCE: Trance is a small, T7V type brown dwarf with 17 Jool masses. it has three planets, one hosts black plant life. This dwarf wasn't discovered until recently, and it seems to orbit Kerbol in a binary relationship. (Based off Nemesis)

PATHOS: Pathos is a strange little planet, because it orbits Trance in a retrograde orbit. The orbit is very likely kept stable by it's massive planetary neighbor, Zenith.

ZENITH: Zenith is a huge planet, much bigger than Eve itself. Zenith is about 900km in radius, much bigger than any rocky planet in the Kerbol system. It has mostly ocean, but has a small area of land created by an impact, and the life on this land is almost completely black.

GELID: Gelid is Trance's only moon, and it isn't that big. It's only about half the size of Jool, and only has one moon, and that moon is grey and dead.

CORONA: Corona is grey and dead, not unlike all the planets and the only other moon besides Zenith. It has lots of craters like the Mun, but it does have a unique feature, and that is that it has clusters of tall mountains that are difficult to land on.

DEMENTIA: Dementia is like Dres. Nobody really cares about it, but it is the farthest planet from Trance. So that's a plus, I guess.

EXTUS: Extus is the only moon in the Trance system, so it's obviously the largest moon. It has lots of orange on it's surface, so we almost named it Oranj! There are many conspiracy theorists that believe the orange areas of Extus taste like oranges.

PICS:

DOWNLOAD:

http://spacedock.info/mod/837/Lost Twins

Edited by electricpants

14 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Nice! But irl the water would be very dark, make a very deep red.

I'll make the water dark, but I don't think the water would be red, though. Mostly because the brown dwarf doesn't emit light, because it's just a glorified gas giant. :P Also, the red/orange/magenta light would make it seem red, but it's actually still blue.

6 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

No, I don't see anything, not a tag, not an orbit, nothing.

Umm...

I don't really see a problem, nobody else has said they have a problem, so I don't know what to say. It works on my PC.

Did you put the other two folders included in the download into the Gamedata folder? Because I tested the mod before releasing it and it appears you need the other two folders, otherwise it won't work. :wink:

2 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Umm...

I don't really see a problem, nobody else has said they have a problem, so I don't know what to say. It works on my PC.

Did you put the other two folders included in the download into the Gamedata folder? Because I tested the mod before releasing it and it appears you need the other two folders, otherwise it won't work. :wink:

LKEx0qe.png

I put all 3 in GameData

Edited by Spaceception

1 minute ago, electricpants said:

If you'll notice, you're in the download's Gamedata folder, not the KSP Gamedata folder. :)

If that's not the problem, I don't notice anything wrong, so I don't know what to tell you. :wink:

I know, but I moved it to the KSP GameData folder after taking the screenshot.

Just now, Spaceception said:

I know, but I moved it to the KSP GameData folder after taking the screenshot.

Oh, well don't put the GameData folder from the download folder, put the three folders inside the GameData folder into KSP's Gamedata folder.

As stated above, if that's not the issue, I don't know. :wink:

Just now, electricpants said:

Oh, well don't put the GameData folder from the download folder, put the three folders inside the GameData folder into KSP's Gamedata folder.

As stated above, if that's not the issue, I don't know. :wink:

I did.

1 minute ago, Spaceception said:

I did.

Damn, well I'm not really a good coder, this is my first mod in 1.1.3, so I don't really know how it works yet.

Can you zoom out extremely far, though? Because that used to be a problem I had with Kerbal Galaxy 2 (The original one).

If you can do that, than for some reason Trance and it's solar system is completely invisible and I don't know how to fix that, because again, it works fine on my PC.

If you can't do that, than I don't know how to fix it not being there. I'm really sorry. :(

1 minute ago, electricpants said:

Damn, well I'm not really a good coder, this is my first mod in 1.1.3, so I don't really know how it works yet.

Can you zoom out extremely far, though? Because that used to be a problem I had with Kerbal Galaxy 2 (The original one).

If you can do that, than for some reason Trance and it's solar system is completely invisible and I don't know how to fix that, because again, it works fine on my PC.

If you can't do that, than I don't know how to fix it not being there. I'm really sorry. :(

I'll look again, where is it on the tracking station? Just to make it easier.

Just now, Spaceception said:

I'll look again, where is it on the tracking station? Just to make it easier.

It's on an orbit with about 30 degrees of inclination, a semi-major axis of 1251916000000 m, an Argument of Periapsis of 360, a Longitude of Ascending Node of 93, A Mean Anomaly at Epoch of 284, an Epoch of 344, and an eccentricity of 0.773.

13 minutes ago, electricpants said:

It's on an orbit with about 30 degrees of inclination, a semi-major axis of 1251916000000 m, an Argument of Periapsis of 360, a Longitude of Ascending Node of 93, A Mean Anomaly at Epoch of 284, an Epoch of 344, and an eccentricity of 0.773.

This is as far out as I can zoom out.

Do I need to go further in order to see better? I have an FTL mod.

p3X8WBd.png

Edited by Spaceception
Forgot the picture

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.