How do i retrieve my saves?

So I was playing some KSP and all of a sudden it crashed. Nothing out of the ordinary really, it happens from time to time. But when i loaded up the game this time and hit resume saved, it showed no save files. I went into the save folder and all my saves were still there but they wouldn't show up in game. I tried restarting the game multiple times, restarting my computer, and I backed up my files on steam and uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it. I tried restoring a previous version of KSP through steam, although I probably did it incorrectly, and i saved my files in another folder on my computer in case something would happen to them. i tried copy pasting them back into the save folder in KSP as shown below but again, nothing. How can i fix this? Screenshot%202016-07-10%2023.56.38.png?d

Edited by Kyky617

Hi @Kyky617, is your ships folder still there?  If it is make sure it still contains the vab and sph folders, as if any of these are missing KSP won't load the save.

If they are fine then the issue is likely with your persistent.sfs, you can back it up (rename it) then use the last backup save from the backups folder in your save folder, or your quicksave if it's more recent.

You'll need to copy the quicksave or the backup save and rename the copy to persistent.sfs, and it will load, though you will have lost a few minutes of play you will at least have recovered your game.

This may seem a bit convoluted, as the backup saves was a debugging feature left in for everyone's benefit, as it can be a windfall in these situations.

Hope this helps.

Your pictures show all of the save files are not inside a named save folder. Under the save folder, there should be another folder with the same name as your save, and all those .sfs files should be in there.

The ship folders are also missing, though KSP has been set up to handle the missing folders. The bigger issue is that whatever ships you had in there are now missing.

Also, I'd be interested to know what was happening when it crashed, if that's what happened to all your saves. :(

12 minutes ago, Claw said:

Your pictures show all of the save files are not inside a named save folder. Under the save folder, there should be another folder with the same name as your save, and all those .sfs files should be in there.

The ship folders are also missing, though KSP has been set up to handle the missing folders. The bigger issue is that whatever ships you had in there are now missing.

Also, I'd be interested to know what was happening when it crashed, if that's what happened to all your saves. :(

I did move all of the save files into a folder earlier but it didn't change anything. As far as I remember I had just saved my game and clicked on communications relay and it just crashed .. Not really anything uncommon for me I had probably 15 crash files saved which seem to be gone now .. 

I also did backup my game a while back but the backup files seem to be missing as well.. Is thee any way to get my ships back or must I start a new save? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.