Why can't I undock?

4 hours ago, Onesmallstep said:

I got this issue whit 1.1.3 whit a apollo mission it only shows disable crossfeed or set as target on both docking ports !

Hmmm... this got fixed ages ago. I haven't had a problem with shielded docking ports since back in 2013... Are you using an Apollo mod, and if so which one?

19 hours ago, NeoMorph said:

Hmmm... this got fixed ages ago. I haven't had a problem with shielded docking ports since back in 2013... Are you using an Apollo mod, and if so which one?

Im not using mods and its not the shielded docking port its all of them !

If it's that you can't undock the ports (not docking is another problem), then check out that link to my bug fixes in the first post (or via my sig). The undock issue is a known thing. That link has a fix for the original problem and includes a utility that will give a "force undock" option when a stuck port is detected.

Cheers,
-Claw

On 7/13/2016 at 2:00 PM, Claw said:

If it's that you can't undock the ports (not docking is another problem), then check out that link to my bug fixes in the first post (or via my sig). The undock issue is a known thing. That link has a fix for the original problem and includes a utility that will give a "force undock" option when a stuck port is detected.

Cheers,
-Claw

I have the same problem, but I am running the Linux version. I did not find a Linux version of the mod. Is there any other working arounds? I have tripulated mission returning from Eeloo, and they run out of fuel, so I built another ship for a rescue mission. This ships was too big to be launched on a single part so I docked the parts together on orbit, now I need to undock some parts. The ship won't make it without releasing the extra weight =(

2 hours ago, fbafelipe said:

I did not find a Linux version of the mod.

Add-ons are generally not platform specific, and the bug fixes currently do not contain any platform specific fixes. There are alternatives, such as save file editing, but the fixes should work on Linux. If you are having compatibility issues, please let me know.

Cheers,
-Claw

18 hours ago, Claw said:

Add-ons are generally not platform specific, and the bug fixes currently do not contain any platform specific fixes. There are alternatives, such as save file editing, but the fixes should work on Linux. If you are having compatibility issues, please let me know.

Cheers,
-Claw

The mod was compiled for windows (.dll files). I downloaded the source but didn't find compile instructions. It looks like I need Unit3D to compile it, is that right?

34 minutes ago, fbafelipe said:

The mod was compiled for windows (.dll files). I downloaded the source but didn't find compile instructions. It looks like I need Unit3D to compile it, is that right?

No, the DLL files are not Windows specific, they are CIL (Common Intermediate Language) and are run by the Mono runtime used by Unity on all platforms.  Just install it as directed in the thread and it will work fine...

Just to add to this particular issue that I am also experiencing this issue in vanilla Win64 KSP 1.1.3.  (Specifying 64-bit for technical reasons, I haven't tried non-64 bit KSP since 1.1 :P). So far this issue has happened with the Clamp-o-Tron and Clamp-o-Tron Jr. ports.

I'll give @Claw's fix a go. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been struggling with this issue for the past 2 weeks. I've tried Claw's bug fix mod and it works, but any type of switching to ship crashes the game. I also get some C++ error message. Is there a link to the bug tracker for this issue? I would think this is a high/critical priority bug.

I've encountered this a bunch, too. It seems to be related to how KSP rebuilds the ship tree when the piece that is docked to it was originally undocked from it. I have a ship design where, if I docking-port decouple something from it and then dock it elsewhere on the ship, I lose the "undock" button, but if I jettison the entire stack that thing is attached to, and then decouple it and dock it, the undock option appears as it should.

On 8/1/2016 at 9:33 AM, foamyesque said:

I have a ship design where, if I docking-port decouple something from it and then dock it elsewhere on the ship, I lose the "undock" button, but if I jettison the entire stack that thing is attached to, and then decouple it and dock it, the undock option appears as it should.

Can I see a picture or get a copy of this craft?

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.