[1.2+] Stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere

Randazzo

I've whipped up a couple of things that don't fit in my packs but aren't fit for their own "mod", so here they are anyway.

"Rodent" 1.875m Engine

Just an upper-stage, 1.875m engine. Probably not too useful if you have HGR installed, but I didn't, and the lack of an upper stage engine for another mod named after a small furry critter frustrated me.

License: Public Domain

Download: Dropbox

c09mHWu.png

WyJ9lRq.png

Kickback Booster Segments

Nothing overly special, just take a chainsaw to a Kickback, and presto! The motor plus three SF blocks should provide near-identical performance to a Kickback. There is a slight height variance as the kickback segments are actually different lengths and I just chopped the first one off. They are tweakscale compatible, but mind the amount of fuel it adds. The standard motor (and each block) contains 650 SolidFuel. Tweakscale it up to 200% and it contains 5200 SolidFuel. I had to finagle the Solidfuel flow so you may be able to find ways to abuse these.

License: You may do whatever you wish with the contents herein, with the sole provision that "whatever you wish" is in the context of a mod for Kerbal Space Program.

Download: Dropbox

yEXDPFlh.png

Edited by Randazzo

17 hours ago, Andem said:

Quick suggestion for the "Rodent" engine, could you please retexture the engine bells to be dark gray or black? Thanks (in advance)!

I like them shiny, but give this a try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv8rgtcphbmz2dl/RodentTexture.zip?dl=0

There's a dds and png file in there, in case you want to darken them up some more. Feel free to adjust them to your taste, you can do anything you want with it for your own use.

Small update - Kickback Booster Segments

The emissive texture had a strange "seam" that appeared when zooming out. A minor adjustment was made to the motor model to correct this. Zip file name has no version numbering and so was not changed.

34 minutes ago, majNUN said:

Could you consider uploading to Spacedock? The follow function would help me keep up with your updates. Thanks.

Sure, if I release another update I'll put it on Spacedock then.

• 5 months later...

@OrbitalBuzzsaw If its ONLY a 1.875m stockalike fairing you want, you could give this MM patch a try... Its basically plagerized from @Enceos's Kerbal Hacks Fairings and stock.. all I did was some math...SO all credit goes to Enceos & Squad... Just dont go to them for support... :P

I just now threw it together, and havent tested it yet tho... So dont use it in a valuable save game, till you test it? :P

//  Hack to create a stock 1.875m fairing, by Stone Blue, but 
//  all credit should go to Squad and Enceos (Kerbal Hacks)... All I did was some basic math, they are the true authors 
//  (just dont bug them about support for this :P )

+PART[fairingSize2]
{
	%name = SB_fairingSize1_5

//@MODEL
//	{
//	%scale = 1.5,1.5,1.5
//	}
//	%rescaleFactor = 1

%rescaleFactor = 0.625

%entryCost = 4500
	%cost = 450

%title = AE-FF1.5 Airstream Protective Shell (1.875m)
	%description = While the Kerbals at Mission Control were still figuring out how to get their rockets back down to Kerbin safely, the research engineers at FLOOYD were quickly realising that protecting parts on ascent was just as important. Heavy research into two-dimensional-input driven procedural construction was then funded with the hopes of making protective shells for important payloads and interstage areas of the crafts. The protective shells also have the benefit of making the craft more aerodynamic, hopefully saving on precious rocket fuel! The AE-FF1.5 is the experimental prototype from FLOOYD. It is designed for the largest rockets which come from private companies from various parts of Kerbin.

%mass = 0.109
	%bulkheadProfiles = size1p5

@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{	

%nSides = 40
		%nArcs = 2

%baseRadius = 0.9375
		%maxRadius = 2.5
		%capRadius = 0.5
		%snapThreshold = 0.175

%xSectionHeightMin = 0.2
		%xSectionHeightMax = 2

%UnitAreaMass = 0.011
		%UnitAreaCost = 9

}

@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
	{
		%lookupRadius = 1.25
	}

}

If the size/node locations dont work as is, try commenting out the " rescaleFactor = 0.625 " line, and UN-comment the 5 lines above it, and give THAT a try...

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.