Will there be the ability to map our own controls?

Unfortunately, my brain is wired the way it is.. I can never fly with precision because of the momentary confusion on doing things the opposite way than feels natural. I bet they went through quite a bit of work to map the controls form PC to console.. but we need to be able to map it our own way and invert axis (just like the PC version). Until that happens, I just plain can't play. I hope it is planned at least.

8 hours ago, sal_vager said:

An off topic post was removed.

Unfortunately changing the mapping is not currently supported.

I realize it is not supported. However, can you please see about supporting it in the future. I have hundreds of hours on my OSX steam copy. I have been getting people to play the game for years.. how about a little bit of love for your customers that need mapped controls and especially an inverted Y axis?

Edited by captMol

That's not something I can answer, but the developers do listen and they take note of requests like yours, though you have to be aware that the console versions were ported by another company and not by Squad, so changes to the console versions are not as simple as churning out a new build on the Jenkins server and deploying it to the Squad store, Steam and GoG.

But I will make sure the people who can address this are made aware.

7 hours ago, sal_vager said:

That's not something I can answer, but the developers do listen and they take note of requests like yours, though you have to be aware that the console versions were ported by another company and not by Squad, so changes to the console versions are not as simple as churning out a new build on the Jenkins server and deploying it to the Squad store, Steam and GoG.

But I will make sure the people who can address this are made aware.

Thanks so much! I'll just keep an eye out in the mean time.

On 7/14/2016 at 6:35 AM, lCristol said:

For the love of god, let us just invert the Y axis.

2nd that.

If only one thing made it to the next update please make it an option for look inversion (independently for both axes (x,y) in both editor(s) and flight)! Please please please. My brain already hurts.

no way to reverse the y-axis? at least this lessens my disappointment that it's not out yet im europe. still, please, please, please add this - it's really essential for players who come from the old joystick days or are used to real planes/flightsticks. or is it already the right way ? - pulling back should  move the nose of the plane/spaceship upwards. haven't played a game where you could't change this over the last 15 years.

Edited by unami

5 hours ago, klesh said:

Some guy on reddit console sub says that you can remap by using the XBox accessories app.  No idea if it works or if there is an equivalent on PS4.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConsoleKSP/comments/4t4e4u/can_we_remap/

YES! That worked great for me. Now my flight controls are correct!

Now I'm REALLY missing duplication in the editor(s). It's fine at first but when you start making larger craft...

EDIT: On the xBone: Cursor-over part you wish to duplicate then hold right bumper + hold X + press A !!

Edited by EvitableInventions
UPDATE!

On 16/07/2016 at 4:19 PM, klesh said:

Some guy on reddit console sub says that you can remap by using the XBox accessories app.  No idea if it works or if there is an equivalent on PS4.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConsoleKSP/comments/4t4e4u/can_we_remap/

Thanks for sharing that.

While the console utilities do allow the controllers to be customised, these customisations will not be reflected in the game help screens. If anyone does change their scheme, please make a note of any changes you have made, particularly if reporting problems later. Caveat emptor.

On 16/07/2016 at 7:53 PM, EvitableInventions said:

Now I'm REALLY missing duplication in the editor(s). It's fine at first but when you start making larger craft...

EDIT: On the xBone: Cursor-over part you wish to duplicate then hold right bumper + hold X + press A !!

Thanks for sharing that tip. A further tip is anything that would use the Mod key on the PC versions, will also use the mod buttons on the consoles more often than not.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:47 PM, captMol said:

Unfortunately, my brain is wired the way it is.. I can never fly with precision because of the momentary confusion on doing things the opposite way than feels natural. I bet they went through quite a bit of work to map the controls form PC to console.. but we need to be able to map it our own way and invert axis (just like the PC version). Until that happens, I just plain can't play. I hope it is planned at least.

Agreed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.