A drawing of a spaceship.

Whirligig Girl

Someone needs to get this man a drawing tablet for his PC!!  I love the sketch look of it.  Kind of like the storyboard artwork for movies.

Are you going to do any more drawings??  Mind if I add it to my rotation of desktop background images?  

On 7/15/2016 at 10:36 AM, esinohio said:

Someone needs to get this man a drawing tablet for his PC!!

Nothing wrong with using “old fashioned” tools like paper, pencil and pen and then digitizing the result. Pre-digital tools offer possibilities, as well as constraints, that can be quite stimulating for creativity.

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

Nothing wrong with using “old fashioned” tools like paper, pencil and pen and then digitizing the result. Pre-digital tools offer possibilities, as well as constraints, that can be quite stimulating for creativity.

I very much prefer paper and pencil for most drawing, although producing heightmaps for planets on paper would by quite a feat.

EDIT: which gives me an idea. Make a Sketchplanet. A world which is made entirely from textures which have been drawn on paper and then scanned in. 

Edited by GregroxMun

3 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Very true, certainly didn't mean a tablet reference as a rebuke of the style or method used.  Just thought his sketch would join perfectly with a tablet.  It might be because my wife recently gave me a really nice one and I've been in that mode of  "Did you know how neat these things are now?" for a few months.  :D  I'm thinking now she gave it to me in some dark plot to keep me occupied and out of her hair.  Isn't retirement just grand?  

45 minutes ago, esinohio said:

Very true, certainly didn't mean a tablet reference as a rebuke of the style or method used.  Just thought his sketch would join perfectly with a tablet.  It might be because my wife recently gave me a really nice one and I've been in that mode of  "Did you know how neat these things are now?" for a few months.  :D  I'm thinking now she gave it to me in some dark plot to keep me occupied and out of her hair.  Isn't retirement just grand?  

If you have an iPad you should try "Paper," it's a really nice app that mimics drawing on paper. Congrats on being retired, by the way :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.