Space Engine doesn't work...

electricpants

I don't know where else to put this, so I put it in the Lounge since it's talk about anything but KSP, but technical support is meant for KSP, so I can't post it there.

Anyways, I noticed that in my install of space engine, all the planets are invisible, and the game crashes when I try to export anything besides gas giants and ice giants. So that means I can't get rocky planets, and I'm working on another planet pack, so that's really, really bad for me. Also, I don't know how to use E-mail on my phone, so I can't register to http://en.spaceengine.org/ and post this there. ;.;

So basically I need help on what to do.

Sorry for taking up space in the Lounge.

@Spaceception or @ProtoJeb21, do you know why? If you're wondering, I installed this a second time because it had the same problem as this install.

Edited by electricpants

Just now, electricpants said:

I don't know where else to put this, so I put it in the Lounge since it's talk about anything but KSP, but technical support is meant for KSP, so I can't post it there.

Anyways, I noticed that in my install of space engine, all the planets are invisible, and the game crashes when I try to export anything besides gas giants and ice giants. So that means I can't get rocky planets, and I'm working on another planet pack, so that's really, really bad for me. Also, I don't know how to use E-mail on my phone, so I can't register to http://en.spaceengine.org/ and post it there. ;.;

@Spaceception or @ProtoJeb21, do you know why? If you're wondering, I installed this a second time because it had the same problem as this install.

Sorry, sadly, I don't have it, you could go to the space engine threads here, figure out who's active, and tag them :)

Does ProtoJeb have it? I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, electricpants said:

Anyways, I noticed that in my install of space engine, all the planets are invisible, and the game crashes when I try to export anything besides gas giants and ice giants. So that means I can't get rocky planets, and I'm working on another planet pack, so that's really, really bad for me. Also, I don't know how to use E-mail on my phone, so I can't register to http://en.spaceengine.org/ and post this there. ;.;

2 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Sorry, sadly, I don't have it, you could go to the space engine threads here, figure out who's active, and tag them :)

Does ProtoJeb have it? I'm not sure.

Yeah, I have it, but I use it on a different computer than the one I play KSP on. It also isn't on my so-called "internet computer that doesn't have bugs." For my KSP computer, SE failed because my graphics card was outdaged. On the internet computer, it crashed during startup because of the small amout of RAM that was available. I suspect it could be one of these reasons.

1 hour ago, electricpants said:

0.9.7.4 Beta

Sorry, but heh which one? RC2 or RC3? I tried downloading RC3 the other day, but my antivirus kept insisting that it was "unsafe" and removed it. Sounds like a problem with your video card, are all your drivers up to date? If updating doesn't fix it/they are already updated, I'd suggest a clean install. Also, did this happen on an old install that was previously working fine, or did you just install it and find it to be not working?

1 minute ago, cubinator said:

Sorry, but heh which one? RC2 or RC3? I tried downloading RC3 the other day, but my antivirus kept insisting that it was "unsafe" and removed it. Sounds like a problem with your video card, are all your drivers up to date? If updating doesn't fix it/they are already updated, I'd suggest a clean install. Also, did this happen on an old install that was previously working fine, or did you just install it and find it to be not working?

Is 0.9.7.4 Beta RC2 or RC3?

Cuz I don't actually know.

Is 0.9.7.4 Beta RC2 or RC3?

Cuz I don't actually know.

In the development thread where you got 0.9.7.4 from, there are three versions. Release Candidate 1, a very "beta-y" version expected to have lots of bugs, Release Candidate 2, an "almost release version" with fewer bugs, and the very recently released Release Candidate 3, which should be almost ready for release. When did you download this particular installation? That would help figure out which version it is.

Just now, cubinator said:

In the development thread where you got 0.9.7.4 from, there are three versions. Release Candidate 1, a very "beta-y" version expected to have lots of bugs, Release Candidate 2, an "almost release version" with fewer bugs, and the very recently released Release Candidate 3, which should be almost ready for release. When did you download this particular installation? That would help figure out which version it is.

Today.

Today.

Ok, I suppose you have RC3 then. I would first check if your graphics card has any updates available. If not, check the settings in Space Engine itself and make sure you don't have something ridiculous like "Planet Surfaces turned off". I remember having a similar problem in an easier earlier version, but unfortunately I don't remember what fixed it.

6 minutes ago, cubinator said:

make sure you don't have something ridiculous like "Planet Surfaces turned off".

Even if that is a thing, I don't know about the whole "When you try to export anything with a rocky surface, the game crashes!" thing or how to fix it. It might be a graphics card thing, but I don't think I'd get a new version for my graphics card. :wink:

You are running a beta version? There's yer problem! The very point of a beta is testing the stability and reliability of new code. Report your issues to SpaceEngineer. Download and use the normal release for more stability.

9 hours ago, electricpants said:

Even if that is a thing, I don't know about the whole "When you try to export anything with a rocky surface, the game crashes!" thing or how to fix it. It might be a graphics card thing, but I don't think I'd get a new version for my graphics card. :wink:

It may be RAM. On this one computer with Space Engine, the amount of RAM glitched craters and made asteroids impossible to load. Sometimes, rocky planet surfaces were black! 

16 hours ago, Camacha said:

You are running a beta version? There's yer problem! The very point of a beta is testing the stability and reliability of new code. Report your issues to SpaceEngineer. Download and use the normal release for more stability.

Exactly this. Download the 0.9.7.3 version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.