[1.12] Time Control [2.11]

westamastaflash

7 hours ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

Does anyone know if this mod works as-is with 1.2?

It's okay if not. Just curious.

This is an unofficial working version for 1.2:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/99o6gqqp9j98buj/TimeControl.zip?dl=0

Edit: Please note that this is ONLY THE DLL.  You need the rest of the mod installed first before adding the dll to it.

Edited by linuxgurugamer
added instructions

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've gotten a report that this doesn't work, that it ihas an exception in the log.

I'll work on it this evening

I've just finished testing, and everything looks ok.

I think the user reporting the problem only installed the DLL from my file and not the whole mod, I'm waiting to hear back from him.

I'll update the posting to indicate that you need the whole mod installed first

Thanks @Fwiffo and @linuxgurugamer. I just got back from vacation so I will take a look. As you said should be easy (I really should have had a scene check in there anyway). The reason I call gamesettings save settings is for when the user modifies the max physics delta time from the TC window. I may actually add some logic to only call save settings if that specific setting is modified.

Also, a full 1.2 version with some extra bug fixes should be coming out soon.

Edited by westamastaflash

16 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Is there a way to make my camera zoom in and out at the normal rate while in slow-mo?  (At very low slow-mo speeds zoom becomes unworkable)

This is something I want to do. I will add an enhancement to see if I can get this working. Overriding the camera zoom will be tricky. 

1 hour ago, westamastaflash said:

Thanks @Fwiffo and @linuxgurugamer. I just got back from vacation so I will take a look. As you said should be easy (I really should have had a scene check in there anyway). The reason I call gamesettings save settings is for when the user modifies the max physics delta time from the TC window. I may actually add some logic to only call save settings if that specific setting is modified.

Also, a full 1.2 version with some extra bug fixes should be coming out soon.

PR done to the dev branch, as reqeusted

Release 2.3!

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases

• KSP 1.2 Compatibility.
  • New KSP 1.2 version of MiniAVC.
  • Fixes bug where debris leaving the physics area causes hyper warp to cut out on current vessel.
  • Fixes bug where it was saving the game settings in the editor view, which was breaking editor extensions redux. Thanks to @linuxgurugamer.

Thanks! I will make this change.

On 10/25/2016 at 7:49 AM, schrema said:

Hi,
the Toolbar integration code needs to be updated. When Time Control and Contract Configurator installed both, the Time Control button (Stock and Toolbar) isn't working anymore. I'v opened a pull request on Github: https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/pull/21

For more details see

Thanks I will pull in the pull request and do a release.

On 11/6/2016 at 2:29 PM, romanasul said:

Is there a way to fix the issue with RSS Date Time Formatter? Time control changes the date format to normal.

Sorry I was traveling the past few days. For next update I'll add an option to remove the date formatting change completely and allow other mods to handle it. Goal is so someday support resized systems and auto-calendar them as best we can...

I have run across a crash to desktop bug. I'm not 100% sure it is your mod, but the crash stops when I remove your mod.

Basically I made a large plane (370t), take off and once I hit a hair over 200m/s the game crashes. I had recently added Time Control so I tried removing that first and no more crashes.

I do have a rather huge mod list, so it could simply be a incompatibility.

Here is a zip file with two crash dumps and the ksp.log - I can't seem to find the output log anywhere. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9vc12cnuysbtf1/KSP.zip?dl=0

9 hours ago, Nori said:

I have run across a crash to desktop bug. I'm not 100% sure it is your mod, but the crash stops when I remove your mod.

Basically I made a large plane (370t), take off and once I hit a hair over 200m/s the game crashes. I had recently added Time Control so I tried removing that first and no more crashes.

Here is a zip file with two crash dumps and the ksp.log - I can't seem to find the output log anywhere. 

In the time control settings (the little ? icon top right of the window), can you turn the log setting to "Trace" mode and recreate the crash? output_log.txtshould be in the subfolder KSP_x64_Data or KSP_Data.

9 hours ago, Nori said:

Looking at that, it appears you might be running out of memory...

Both errors come out of:

"Read from location ffffffff caused an access violation"

Time Control doesn't use a ton of RAM but it does use some, so it could be that little bit pushes it over the top..? If you pull output_log.txt I might be able to help more.

Update for KSP 1.2.1 Released. Time Control 2.4.

• KSP 1.2.1 Compatibility.
  • MiniAVC removed until AVC is updated for 1.2.1.
  • Fixes bug for "Homeworld Time" breaking RSS Time Formatter. Will rethink this feature...

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases/tag/2.4

Hmm, ok so with this new version I haven't been able to reproduce the issue so far. Also, apparently KSP 1.2.1 moved the Output log file to under the user profile... Took me a while to find it. So if I have another crash I will include that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.